My Kentucky trip-2014

Comments

• It's kind of like the ghost or spirit of the horse himself is visible--briefly--for us to see. Interesting that the statue is looking slightly left, but the "spirit" is facing forward.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited January 2014
    HOORAY KURT! GLAD THE STEP-BY-STEP INSTRUCTIONS HELPED YOU! :o)
    Still enjoying your reports and photos, Kurt!! For whatever it is worth, on the photos of Big Brown that were shown by clicking on a link or by Paniolo Gal's painstaking steps to be here under the forum, the pics that go by link directly to the holding site (imageshack?) are a a little bit sharper. Just noticed that so I thought I would share it in case you haven't had a chance to test it out. For me, I'm just happy to read this thread and see whatever pictures there are and enjoy your trip to Kentucky!!! Thanks for sharing.
    Hi Celeste...way back when...Kylea provided a suggested image size to post for photos (medium: 640x480 or small: 320x240). However, the reason Kurt's link looked clearer was because it was a much larger image. I think Kylea wanted us not to post photos that were too huge on the forum is my guess...idk
  • sweet, i will start selecting horses and which photos of them as well as some of the non horse sites..such as some of the graves and monuments etc..im thinking about doing them by farm..although some of the larger ones, winstar and spendthrift might take multiple postings since i saw almost there entire roster..in fact a bonus at spendthrift was THE LUMBER GUY who is new York bound but was spending a couple days at spendthrift..horses like that which weren't on my radar added to the trip and increased the numbers we saw..awesome trip...i'll probably be posting all night
  • I can see it, great picture
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Yep....
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited January 2014
    Gee Kurt...
    I don't expect any accolades but I was just hoping for a bit of old fashion manners..like a simple thank you when your posting worked the first time...that's all.

It took time to put together a step-by-step tutorial that you and others can understand regarding the ImageShack "How To". The other members who have tried the tutorial were very appreciative. I sort of feel taken for granted on your "asap" request for me to figure out how to use the new ImageShack formatting. I dropped my other work to concentrate on figuring out the new ImageShack format just to help you out! :o(

btw...I've put a revised version tutorial under How To Post A Picture for the new formatted ImageShack so others can post photos in an effort to be helpful.
  • PANIOLO- wow, kinda impatient arent we ?. i planned on giving you alot of credit for the tutorial. its been just over 2 hours since i posted the first pic. ive got over 9000 pics im trying to sort thru for YOU and others who wanted to see them. any idea how long thats going to take? not to mention a job and family, unpacking, jet lag, dinner etc but ok, i'll drop everything to say THANK YOU FOR THE TUTORIAL, its great..i guess..only tried it one quick time to see if it worked.
    now that my mood is shot, i'll work on pics tomorrow, screw it
  • Oh.....lets drop this now. Before kurt decides to not show us at all :( i was looking forward to seeing the pics tonight. So please, lets not argue.
  • By the way....im totally renaming Big Brown, King of the Wind
  • AriesChildAriesChild Member
    edited January 2014
    Big Brown looks as beautiful as ever!!! Does he actually have a white spot on him?

Yea he does, he was born with it. His jockey joked saying it was his "go button" when he had that burst of speed down the stretch

Thanks Rachel! I never knew that he had a white spot on him, makes him even more beautiful and special.
  • Hope you had a safe trip home Kurt. We will all be here waiting patiently for you to post pictures when you have time. Get some rest jet lag is a... ( you fill in the blank with you word choice).
  • hey guys/gals,
    before i left, one of the photo requests was for Tinners way, so im gonna do him first..the last of the six is my favorite and personally, one of the best pics i took all week..enjoy!..

TINNERS WAY
  • a couple more of sunny..

SUNSHINE FOREVER..r.i.p.
  • one of the first farms we went to was THREE CHIMNEYS because they only had a one day, two hour open house so if we wanted to get in there, it had to be early. before reaching the stallion barns, we went over to the cemetery to see DYNAFORMER. both Daria and I are big Dyno fans and last year the grave was still unmarked so we were anxious to see the new stone. turns out Dyno, is the only horse that has two stone, one upright and one laying down in front of it with his accomplishments on it. someone had left a wreath next to it, that judging by how bright the red is,we figured they had brought it that morning since it wasnt faded...here it is

DYNAFORMER
  • once inside the first stallion barn, we saw two horses, YES ITS TRUE who just happened to be the one being shown, and BRILLIANT SPEED, a son of dynaformer who we wanted to see because daria actually was shopping for a stallion and wanted to compare the four on the list, with the first one being brilliant speed. BS is 17 hands, like his father, but is,uncharacteristically of the dynos, not the best conformationally. most of the dynos are pretty correct. that being said, he is ridden daily..as are most of the stallions at three chimneys. his groom said that while theres no doubt hes dynos son, hes not nearly as hard to handle although he has his days :o), heres the two guys in the first barn..sorry for quality as the light isnt real good and frankly, i suck at indoor horse pics

YES ITS TRUE

BRILLIANT SPEED
  • kurtkurt Member
    edited January 2014
    moving outside to the first, two stall barn on the left, it houses BIG BROWN and WAR CHANT who the stallion sales person actually suggested over brilliant speed so war chant wasnt one we had planned to see but he turned out to be stunning!. at 17 years of age, we were told that while the horses are being ridden, NONE of them pull as hard as war chant who apparently loves the exercise. you can see in the photos, hes appears pretty fit,especially for 17.
    big brown, i think everyone knows his story, hes another horse that has a presence about him. as with last year, i left a fan
    heres those two guys..

BIG BROWN

WAR CHANT
  • I'm giggling...I'm reading the posts as Kurt is posting. I think I'll move on and come back later. :)))))) Thanks Kurt!
  • kurtkurt Member
    edited January 2014
    While looking at war chant, Laura just happened to look over and see ICE BOX being walked and was able to snap a couple pics, heres the best one, not bad considering he wasnt real close,

ICE BOX

after seeing war chant, and being impressed, we figured might at well see the other son of Danzig, EXCHANGE RATE who is out of darias budget but was also stunning. we left impressed with both of the danzig sons..that concluded our three chimneys visit..next stop CRESTWOOD FARM..will post this afternoon..im a day sleeper so night night time for me

EXCHANGE RATE
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    edited January 2014
    they are all gorgeous but I am a sucker for grays....
  • Me too, Carolinarkansas; Exchange Rate is beautiful. And I like that front end on him...very square. Again, thanks a bunch, Kurt. Good job!
  • Thank you, Thank you Kurt for all you are doing posting these pictures for us. They are all just precious to see, especially Big Brown. I got to see him in 2011 and he is something else and has always been a favorite of mine.
  • Kurt, thank you so much for the wonderful pictures of Tinner's Way! He looks so fit and healthy. I was expecting him to show his age more. Looks like he enjoys his carrots. Especially after the terribly sad news about St. Nicholas Abbey, these are heartwarming. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Also, Paniolo Gal, thank you for putting together the tutorial to help Kurt bring us these gorgeous pictures. I really appreciate all the work that goes into giving us so much enjoyment.

Big Brown is looking better than ever, and Rachel, you're right, he does look like Sham from King of the Wind, except his white spot is in a different place and as far as I can tell he has no wheat ear on his chest. :)
  • k guys, next farm we went to after three chimneys was CRESTWOOD. crestwood was a mixed bag. the weather was reported that the storm that was coming was going to be there by early afternoon so we were hoping to see as much as possible before that and then figure out how to see what we missed because of the weather...turns out we got everything in before the weather hit us but not knowing that, we went to crestwood thinking we were pressed for time. the thing crestwood did that we really liked was they brought the stallions out in a rotation. you didnt have to ask to see anyone or wonder if they would be back out. they just continued to bring them out, walk them,stand them then take them back in as the next stallion was brought out. this was great because we knew we would see the whole roster..which consisted of nine horses. crestwood doesnt have any high dollar studs or household names.insted they have several moderate price horses. i would be lieing if i knew alot about them so i will just post the pics.
    the thing we werent impressed with is that in the effort to rotate them, they didnt really stand the horses in a way that allows perspective breeders to really inspect them. alot of farms bring the horses out and have them stand exactly the way you see in the confirmation photos in ads. crestwood didnt really do this, they brought them out, walked a few feet, turned them and they just stood as they will,usually heads down feet,however etc. i was fine with this as im not there as a perspective client, but daria mentioned that she didnt feel they present the horses as well as they could.
    the one horse there that i will comment on was GENERAL QUARTERS. he seemed really overweight to me.
    ok, that being said, heres the nine stallions at crestwood-

COUNTRY DAY

CHANNELED

BULLET TRAIN
  • GENERAL QUARTERS

GET STORMY
  • MUTADDA

NOBIZ LIKE SHOBIZ