Visit with the Queen

casadalycasadaly Member
edited January 2014 in Zenyatta
Dear friends,
I am one of the lucky fans who bought a Z sticker for a great cause and won a visit to see her. I did this last week, and it was everything I had hoped it would be and more! I wrote a story about it and it appears here:
http://www.horseracingnation.com/news/Visiting_Zenyatta_2014115

Also, there are photos me and my husband took of Zenyatta and Z13. Alys was there and took many, some of which I hope will appear on this site as she is a far better photographer than me! Please know I rubbed her growing belly and kissed her muzzle, telling her it was from all her fans that love and miss her so.

And finally, thank you Team Zenyatta, Mrs. and Mrs Moss, and Lane's End for making this girl's dream come true!
My words cannot begin to express my gratitude! And let me just say that Versailles and Lexington area has some of the most friendly people I've ever had the pleasure to meet!

Comments

• Those were some great pics! Thanks for sharing :D
  • edited January 2014
    Casadaly thank you so much for sharing. A wonderful read, your emotions jumped right off the page. I loved reading that Z13 has a refined head. I too would not be surprised with a return visit to Tapit. I remember thinking to myself "run, don't walk back to Tapit". Although, I imagine dreaming of the many possibilities with other stallions must be a fun pastime for the Moss’. The photos are great too. Congratulations on your once in a life time experience.
  • Wonderful story, beautifully written. I bawled all the way through it.
  • Many thanks for posting about your meeting with our beloved Queen. Your words made me feel as if I was right there with you facing my horse of a lifetime. I love that she still paws the ground as she did during her racing days and that the folks at LE simply refer to her as the big mare. I've heard others say they shed more than a few tears when seeing her. It's that aura that surrounds Queen Z ...she is magical. I am anxious to see more pictures of your special day. Team Z was so generous to have 5 winners...I'm glad you were one of them.
  • I was remiss in not thanking, from the bottom of my heart, TEAM ZENYATTA and the kinds folks at LANE'S END for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. My husband made the observation and comment that "everyone really loved their job and loved being there".
  • Thanks for sharing your experiences! What a wonderful story.