Retirement plans in the distant future?

edited January 2014 in Zenyatta
It would be awesome in the far distant future, when Zenyatta retires from her career as a broodmare, if the Moss family would send her to the Kentucky Horse Park Hall of Champions. I'd drive all the way from Atlanta to see her! I remember getting to see Cigar. Can you imagine how much she'd love to dance for her fans there?

Comments

• I believe that upon her retirement that she will be sent to Old Friends in Kentucky?
  • Personally, I think Ann will have finally found a way to put Zenyatta in her back yard.
  • Personally, I think Ann will have finally found a way to put Zenyatta in her back yard.
    I agree with you. ;-) These two are soul mates and given the chance Ann would prefer to have Zenny right there with her.

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    the yard was Ann's first choice...wasn't it? I thought I saw that somewhere.
  • the yard was Ann's first choice...wasn't it? I thought I saw that somewhere.
    It's in this article, under the heading "Ann's Plan" toward the bottom of the page:
    http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/eticket/story?page=101104/Zenyatta

IIRC, the article won an Eclipse award.
  • What wonderful article! Thank you for sharing that link. I can see why it won the Eclipse award.
  • Awesome article! I personally would love to see Ann's plan work out. :)
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited January 2014
    I think one key barrier Ann needs to overcome so that she can get further into the topic with Jerry...buy the property that has the fence in the middle of the horse trail!...or at least purchase the land section that has the fence :oD

"There are all the old horse trails around," Ann says. "That's how people used to ride their horses from Bel-Air to Beverly Hills. The old Bel-Air, the old L.A. Our property has two of the old horse trails."

"But there's a fence in the middle of one of them," Jerry says.

Ann turns to me.

"This is as far as it's gotten," she says."
  • Good idea Paniolo_Gal! I'm sure they can afford it. Then they can keep all their horses. LOL That's what I would be pushing for.
  • Good idea Paniolo_Gal! I'm sure they can afford it. Then they can keep all their horses. LOL That's what I would be pushing for.
    I'm sure Ann has this idea quietly in the works...don't tell Jerry yet!...:oD