Tapit

Thought I would start a discussion about Tapit since he is a very "hot" sire right now.

Comments

• Joanna_TXJoanna_TX Member
    edited January 2014
    This Tapit fan will weigh in just a bit...I've always liked this horse and will admit to becoming a fan after he retired to stud duty. He's produced some beautiful horses of either sex and colors. I especially like his gray girls...Joyful Victory, Zazu and Dancinginherdreams just to name 3. Beautiful to look at and often amazing on the track. Of his sons, I really like Trappe Shot and Normandy Invasion. Hansen was fun to watch.
    I LOVE Zenny's boy from Tapit and can't wait for him to grow up. He's got that elegant head and 'look'. I get goosebumps looking at his pictures.
  • I agree Joanna_TX I didn't really follow him until after he was sent to stud but i love watching his babies run.
  • Here is his son Hansen's page for the KRA studbook: http://studbook.kra.co.kr/eng/html/eng_hr_retrieve.jsp?mabun=032990
  • This Tapit fan will weigh in just a bit...I've always liked this horse and will admit to becoming a fan after he retired to stud duty. He's produced some beautiful horses of either sex and colors. I especially like his gray girls...Joyful Victory, Zazu and Dancinginherdreams just to name 3. Beautiful to look at and often amazing on the track. Of his sons, I really like Trappe Shot and Normandy Invasion. Hansen was fun to watch.
    I LOVE Zenny's boy from Tapit and can't wait for him to grow up. He's got that elegant head and 'look'. I get goosebumps looking at his pictures.
    Totally agree, Joanna! I hope that Zenyatta will go back to Tapit again before she is retired.

• Tapiture (Looking Good) -- Asmussen will probably keep him separated from Gold Hawk -- they have the same owner -- and so the Road to the Derby will begin in the Southwest Stakes for Tapiture, winner of the Grade II Kentucky Jockey Club as a fourth-race maiden.
  • Coup de Grace (Worth Watching) -- Coup de Grace drew the rail in the Holy Bull. "It’s going to be a tough race. He’s unproven around two turns, and it’s a real test for him. I think it’s that time of year to try him around two turns and then we can figure out how to campaign him the rest of the year,” Chad Brown said Monday.
  • Haskin of Bloodhorse fame has a nice article up now about Tapit KD run. Very interesting background info on one of my favorite studmuffins. Also read something about a bunch of Tapit kids doing really well so far this young year...could be exciting times!
  • Tapit has several good chances for the derby this year including Tap It Rich, Tonalist, and Tapiture. http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentucky-derby-dozen/archive/2014/01/28/derby-dozen-january-28-2014-presented-by-shadwell-farm.aspx
  • In the snow

• Wow! What a beautiful photo of a magnificent horse!
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh...so beautiful...Tapit against that white snow covered background is so dream-like. Like Pegasus flying among the white clouds!
  • SnowStud! Tight, tiny little ears! He's very beautiful.
  • Yes, the small ears. 13Z did not inherit those ears. The ears he got are smaller than Coz's and Zenny's, but definitely not Tapit's. Actually I think they're shaped kind of like Zenny's.
  • That's some pic of Tapit in the snow! He looks beautiful, and as though he enjoys it. What a wonderful looking horse!
  • Rachel, thanks for posting the beautiful shot of Tapit in snow. Just gorgeous.
  • Your welcome :)
  • QueenZFan20QueenZFan20 Member
    edited February 2014
  • . Tonalist (Tapit - Settling Mist, by Pleasant Colony) Christophe Clement - Only a maiden winner to date, you had to like what you saw in that lone victory. After running fourth in a key maiden race in New York in his career debut, this son of Tapit came back at Gulfstream to rally impressively while wide and roll home an easy winner over a good looking field. While Tapit is far from my favorite ten furlong sire, I love the Pleasant Colony/His Majesty blood on his female side. It will be interesting to see how cautious Clement plays his hand, because points will become a premium soon. It’s looking like an allowance race is next, with stakes racing still another start away.
  • . Tapiture (Tapit - Free Spin, by Olympio) Steve Asmussen – If anyone can slow down Strong Mandate in Monday’s Southwest Stakes, look for it to either be Walt or this one. Sired by the ubiquitous Tapit, and out of a very talented stakes winning mare, may have taken a while to break his maiden, but when he did, he did it in style The rousing romp in the Grade 2 Kentucky Jockey Club at Churchill Downs closed out his juvenile season. Like the top horse on these rankings, he has turned in a steady stream of solid works and should be ready for the Southwest test. I’m not completely sure if the extended distance of the Derby will prove to be his thing, but his talent and his good experience over the Churchill strip demand a spot on this list.
  • Tapit's Son I'll Wrap It Up is running on saturday in the El Camino Real Derby at Golden Gate. I’ll Wrap It Up – I am going to pass on this Doug O’neill charge today. He is another one in here who may be on the lead, and I am not so sure that is where he will want to be. His only win came in a off the turf maiden race at Hollywood Park. In last two, the Sham Stakes and a N1X turf allowance, I just wasn’t that impressed visually. In the Sham he finished fourth of four, and in the Turf allowance, while he did encounter some trouble in the lane, I didn’t think he was going to beat the winner (Dance With Fate) anyway. I can’t envision him taking this down today.
  • Tapiture romps over Strong Mandate in the Southwest!
  • Just what I like to see. A chestnut son of Tapit doing great! :)
  • a very handsome Tapit too

he just might be able to get that Derby distance, he would be the first of the Tapits to do so lol