Candy Ride

Comments

• Shared Belief had his first workout since Jan. 3rd earlier today. The colt went 3 furlongs in 38.40 seconds
  • Shared Belief (3-Year-Old Gelding)

Date: April 15, 2014
    Track: GOLDEN GATE FIELDS
    Distance: Three Furlongs
    Time: 38:40 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: All Weather Track
  • Shared Belief had his first workout since Jan. 3rd earlier today. The colt went 3 furlongs in 38.40 seconds
    Was so happy to see that workout notice. Does anyone think he could be ready in time for a Belmont Stakes run?

Was so happy to see that workout notice. Does anyone think he could be ready in time for a Belmont Stakes run?
    Possibly but personally I don't think he has the pedigree for the 1 1/2 miles of the Belmont?
  • no i dout and i dont think his connections would do that there really carefull where they run him and i like that alot of connevtions dont do that
  • *connections
  • Candy Boy 20-1 Santa Anita Derby, 4/5 Kentucky Derby, 1 1/4 m JP: Flattened out down stretch in SA Derby when distant third to horses I'd rank 1-2 right now.
    by Candy Ride 3rd by 8 3/4, 92 Churchill Downs, 5/3 MW: The West Coast version of Cairo Prince: Good early in year, but no progress Beyer-wise.
    Owner: C R K Stable; Trainer; John Sadler; Jockey: Gary Stevens
  • Candy Boy: He’s scheduled for one more work in California before shipping to Louisville, where he will likely have a work over the track.
  • Ashley: Ride Away—His best races have been at distances beyond a mile, so it stands to reason that after wins at 1 mile 70 yards and 1 1/16 mile, he’ll like going back to that distance. Other than that, I don’t really see much I like. Just like several others in hear, he did record a nice work over the surface, and he is trained by Motion now. Aside from that, I don’t find much else to make me pause, so I’ll take my money elsewhere.

Laurie: RIDE AWAY (Candy Ride (ARG) - East Hampton, by Meadowlake) recorded his best speed figure to date in his last race, even though the race itself was kinda blah. But he’s a son of Candy Ride and we know they love Poly. I’m expecting the switch and additional distance will perk Ride Away up. Contender.
  • From Southern California Horse Racing facebook: Candy Boy and California Chrome each had workouts this morning. Steve Andersen from the Daily Racing Form reported on Twitter that Candy Boy worked 5 furlongs in 59.80 at Santa Anita (it also says that trainer John Sadler timed it in 1:00.00). California Chrome covered 4 furlongs at Los Alamitos in 47.40. This information came from Geoff Waxler, whose Twitter handle is @Los_Al_Clocker.
  • SUGAR SHOCK (No. 2) – On Cloud Nine LLC’s Fantasy (GIII) winner Sugar Shock galloped under exercise rider Seth VanDyke with the filly doing a two-minute lick for the final three-eighths of a mile.

Trainer Doug Anderson is scheduled to arrive in Louisville on Sunday afternoon. Calvin Borel will have the mount in the Oaks.
  • From Shared Belief's facebook: I'm back baby!
    ‪#‎betterbelieve‬ ‪#‎sharethebelief‬ https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=625926814156405
  • oh i bet he feels great to get out there and work again
  • Candy Boy
    SA 4/19 5F 59.80
  • Candy Boy is #10 on this weeks Derby Dozen list: Candy Boy John Sadler

Candy Ride—She’s an Eleven, by In Excess

The big question he has to answer is can he make up almost nine lengths on California Chrome and 3 1/2 lengths on Hoppertunity. He’s only won two of his seven career starts, and the best horse he’s beaten has been Chitu, who is a talented colt, but not among the elite at this point. It’s obvious he needs to take a huge step forward. But all in all, he’s put together four straight solid efforts, assuming he was just short in his last race, and he has the ability to remain fairly close up and still put in a strong run at any point in the race. Being by Candy Ride, he should have plenty of room for improvement. Gary Stevens has now ridden him three times, so he should know everything about him he needs to know, and being a naturally aggressive rider, he will have him in a desirable spot, probably somewhere near midpack. He’s a powerfully built colt who likely needed his last race, and it will be interesting to see him train over the Churchill Downs surface.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/kentucky-derby-dozen/archive/2014/04/21/derby-dozen-april-21-2014-presented-by-shadwell-farm.aspx#ixzz2zYslFS19
  • Candy Boy will ship to Kentucky for trainer John Sadler. The colt by Candy Ride was the talk of Santa Anita after his professional victory in the Robert B. Lewis, but in his return to the races, he could only muster a well-beaten third behind California Chrome in the Santa Anita Derby.
  • C R K Stable's Robert B. Lewis winner Candy Boy walked the shedrow at Barn 43 on his first full day at Churchill Downs for trainer John Sadler. Candy Boy arrived at Churchill Downs at 3:30 Monday afternoon from his base in Southern California. Cesar Aguilar, assistant to Sadler, said Candy Boy would go to the track Wednesday.
  • KalarKalar Member
    This discussion thread may erupt if rumors are true that Z is booked to Candy Ride this year. o_o
  • This discussion thread may erupt if rumors are true that Z is booked to Candy Ride this year. o_o
    Wait there are rumors about it?
  • there are, AmandaF stated that she saw on horseracingnation (idk where) that she has been booked to Candy Ride
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    there are, AmandaF stated that she saw on horseracingnation (idk where) that she has been booked to Candy Ride
    it aint so til Zenny says it is....
  • Waite until Ann Jerry Moss say it's so ! They always think about what's best for Zenyatta , Ann loves Zenyatta and you can tell the love between Zenyatta and Ann.
  • SUGAR SHOCK (No. 2) - On Cloud Nine LLC's Sugar Shock galloped 1 ½ miles after the morning renovation break with exercise rider Seth VanDyke up for trainer Doug Anderson.

Calvin Borel, who won the 2009 Kentucky Oaks on Rachel Alexandra, will have the Oaks mount and is scheduled to be aboard Sugar Shock for a breeze Friday.
  • CANDY BOY (No. 17) - C R K Stable's Candy Boy jogged early Wednesday morning under exercise rider Jelani Grant for trainer John Sadler.

It was the first day at the track for Candy Boy, who arrived from Southern California on Monday and walked the shedrow Tuesday. Sadler is expected to be at the barn in the morning.