New Stallions for 2015!

QueenZFan20QueenZFan20 Member
edited March 2014 in General Interest
Finally decided to start a thread for new studs for 2015.

Comments

• kurtkurt Member
    well, then gotta add MUCHO MACHO MAN to adena springs-paris ky and WILL TAKE CHARGE to Three Chimneys, Midway-ky
  • Oh yes I was unsure if they would retire for 2015 so I didn't add them thanks kurt! Oh and New Years Day will stand at Hill N Dale or did he start this year?
  • New Years Day has already been there, not sure if hes breeding
  • kurtkurt Member
    he is breeding,,when i was there in january, i talked to the stallion manager about him and they were actually in the breeding shed working with him when i was there.."schooling" was the word i he used
  • Ok so New Years Day isnt a 2015 stallion then
  • I'm sort of, maybe, kinda curious about how they 'school' for breeding....like using a 'tease' mare and practice mounting a 'dummy/model' or something?
  • I believe thats how they do it
  • I know this is kind of an inappropriate question, but along those lines, I always wondered how the "jumped" maiden mares, when that is a requirement of the stud farm? With a gelding? When she is not in season?
  • I know this is kind of an inappropriate question, but along those lines, I always wondered how the "jumped" maiden mares, when that is a requirement of the stud farm? With a gelding? When she is not in season?
    It's not an inappropriate question. A teaser stallion is used to jump the mare. He wears an apron to cover his appropriate parts, so that he does not actually breed her.
    It's done when she is ready to be bred, so as to gauge her reaction. If she reacts badly, she'll be lightly sedated as necessary.

It's not an inappropriate question. A teaser stallion is used to jump the mare. He wears an apron to cover his appropriate parts, so that he does not actually breed her.
    It's done when she is ready to be bred, so as to gauge her reaction. If she reacts badly, she'll be lightly sedated as necessary.
    Thank you for your answer, Lauraj. I had always wondered how they went about doing that since I saw it referred to. I'm sure a good teaser stallion is worth his weight in gold.
  • We shouldn't underestimate these poor frustrated teaser stallions! Yes...if given the chance to finally mate...they could truly be worth their weight in GOLD!.

I posted in AMAZING TRUE HORSE STORIES (page 6 just after Man O'War)...The story of the Godolphin Arab. He wasn't appreciated as he was rather small and therefore considered inferior and not worth breeding. That was until a prized mare named Lady Roxana...after being teased by the Godolphin Arab...refused to be bred to the intended stallion, Hobgoblin. They let the Goldolphin Arab cover her...resulting in the outstanding offspring...Lath. Later matings of the pair produced famous foals...Cade and Regulus!

THIS "SMALL" UNAPPRECIATED TEASER STALLION BECAME THE EARL OF GODOLPHIN'S PRIZED STALLION! :oD
  • That was in the book King of the Wind
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    There are two stories told here about teasers...
    1-the mare got bred to the teased in error....foal was a champ
    2-mares owners wanted the teaser....liked him better ....became a stud..
    now if I could just put names with the stories we'd have something...
    can anyone one remember?
  • Don't know about #1, but #2 might be Aces N' Kings, who was sired by a teaser at his dam's owner's request.

Thank you for your answer, Lauraj. I had always wondered how they went about doing that since I saw it referred to. I'm sure a good teaser stallion is worth his weight in gold.
    Spots, the teaser at Winstar, is held in high esteem by the stallion grooms. They say he's a real pro. I also seem to remember discussion on the Diary years ago, before Coz was conceived, regarding the teaser at Lane's End who is used to see if the mares are ready to go to the studs. Anyone remember his name?
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Don't know about #1, but #2 might be Aces N' Kings, who was sired by a teaser at his dam's owner's request.
    That sounds right LauraJ.....
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited March 2014
    Well Aces n Kings wasnt necessarily a champ. He hasnt raced in months and months and dumped calvin borel in one of his races. Hes won a few but not in a long time. His sire looks amazing, i cant believe hes a teaser lol

http://www.valorfarm.com/jet_phone.html

Jet Phone was actually so successful with Aces n Kings they made him a sire. Website says AnK was a test foal but thats not what the story says
  • Aces N' Kings was precocious, IIRC. He won a stakes as a 2-year-old, then his peers caught up with him. He's still officially in training though; I got a workout notice for him yesterday. He's still owned by the same people as far as I can tell.
  • oh thats good, he must of just been on a long layoff
  • Jackson Bend has been retired for a second time. He will stand the 2015 season at a Florida farm. http://www.ftboa.com/fl-equine-pub/w2w/3142-jackson-bend-retired
  • I love Jackson Bend. I hope he enjoys a long and successful stud career.
  • I found this website to be very interesting!
    http://www.thoroughbredreview.com/
  • I like Curlin or Flat out, I wonder if they'll ever breed zen to blame? I'd like MyNoseGotThereFirst (not my idea) for a name lol.