Trainers under Investigation & Suspended

Comments

• Once again, there no rules in this game, Rachel.
  • markinsacmarkinsac Member
    edited March 2014
    Headline:

TRAINER UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR FORGING SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS WINS THE RUN FOR THE ROSES PRESENTED BY YUM BRANDS
  • that would be awful
  • Wow, that is awesome. Asmussen and Blasi obviously are fierce competitors. If they were set up, I doubt they would take this route. This is telling.
  • WOW, Mrs Jackson laid it all there. Bless her for it!
    And the publisher of TDN...bless him too!

This is what is needed!
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
  • Thats why Balsi was fired....

• I have no problem with PETA being investigated. But it's hard to believe one industry for attacking the other on the basis: They kill animals and have no ethics! Which industry are you talking about?

Rachel, I like the "Balsi" label.
  • Blasi is a scapegoat and not the root of the problem. I've come to the conclusion racing is going to die sooner than later. No one is interested in cleaning up. It's just hilarious. and at this point I am going to cheer when it goes away. Shooting the messenger and not dealing with the problems isn't helping the horses or anyone else. Did anyone bother to read the stories above by Gretchen Jackson or TDN to see what the rest of the world thinks about us or what good owners think should happen. I doubt it because it doesn't involve shooting the messenger. I'm done with the whining excuses. I guarantee you also that Blasi is still on the payroll, he knows too much. I'm just done. Asmussen should have been gone way before this new video. I hate to see the fallout if Asmussen's horse wins the derby or the Oaks. I'm sure the network is already writing the story. I'm done.
  • Jeez everyone. CALM your tits. All this bickering and yelling at each other isn't helping the horses.

• Loo-Loo, you're staying put! I will have nobody to get mad at! Stay here and fight the good fight! Don't let our four-legged friends down.

• Look, this is just the beginning. The cheaters are not going down without a fight, believe me. But if this was a football game, we just crossed the 50 yard line for the first time. Now is no time to quit.

• I have no problem with PETA being investigated. But it's hard to believe one industry for attacking the other on the basis: They kill animals and have no ethics! Which industry are you talking about?

Rachel, I like the "Balsi" label.
    Lmao! I actually had no idea i did that. He is Balsi tho isnt he...

• Crazy4ZCrazy4Z Member
    edited March 2014

One reason Zenyatta had more in the tank is because she was a come-from-behinder and she was brilliantly trained. Front runners run hard almost the entire race. Zenyatta only ran hard the last quarter-mile of a race. And her strategy was to just win the race. She didn't try to win by five lengths, a neck win was enough. Save some of that energy for the next race.
    Zenny was (is) so intelligent and talented. She was blessed with wonderful owners and a trainer who always puts the horse first. The combination proved to be exceptional in every sense of the word.

• Blasi is a scapegoat and not the root of the problem. I've come to the conclusion racing is going to die sooner than later. No one is interested in cleaning up. It's just hilarious. and at this point I am going to cheer when it goes away. Shooting the messenger and not dealing with the problems isn't helping the horses or anyone else. Did anyone bother to read the stories above by Gretchen Jackson or TDN to see what the rest of the world thinks about us or what good owners think should happen. I doubt it because it doesn't involve shooting the messenger. I'm done with the whining excuses. I guarantee you also that Blasi is still on the payroll, he knows too much. I'm just done. Asmussen should have been gone way before this new video. I hate to see the fallout if Asmussen's horse wins the derby or the Oaks. I'm sure the network is already writing the story. I'm done.
    I find it disturbing that you would find this hilarious and will cheer if racing went away.
    There are just too many good hard working people with respect for each other and the horse for me to feel this way.
    For every jerk I have met in racing there are one hundred more that are the greatest folks ever.
    I feel for the hard working young kids coming along with good intentions and love of the sport.
    Hopefully this industry will make good changes so this next generation can pour their hearts and souls into the horses they love.
    You must be a PETA cheerleader with thoughts of wanting to see the end of this sport and laughing.....? Unreal?
  • I DONT CARE ABUOUT PETA'S MESS, I CARE ABOUT RACING'S MESS.

YOU MUST BE FOR THE STATUS QUO BECAUSE YOU KEEP MENTIONING PETA.

Loo-Loo, Rachel, I told you they were going strategize like this.

YOU ARE EITHER WITH US OR YOU'RE WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• PRO STATUS QUO (if they keep mentioning PETA, they don't want racing to change):

MUCKER4EVA
    REBORN RUFFIAN
    ASHTON
    CASEY
    LINDA K
    CAROLINARKANSAS

Anybody want to announce what side you're on? Nice try, I'M NOT BACKING DOWN..

PETA, PETA, PETA, PETA, PETA, PETA, PETA, PETA, PETA . . . worry about horse racing for a change.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    What happened to MellowMark ..I guess I made the list because I questioned your math skills...
    my position.....racing needs to clean house...PETA needs die a death just like the animals they claim to have "rescued"
  • edited March 2014
    I'm on the side of the animals. Which is why I'm becoming an equine vet tech, to do my small part in making racing a more humane sport for horses. I'm not here to say Asmussen is completely innocent; the video PETA posted is undeniably authentic. They may have used dialogue in narration to bend it further their way.... But either way, these things HAVE happened.... And one would be a fool to deny it. But at the same time, if PETA gets ahold of these creatures we all hold so dear... They'll end up dead sooner than you could say "retired". So here I am, learning to be a vet tech so I can help with my own two hands. It may sound like a ridiculous dream, but if we all ignored our "ridiculous" dreams... We would never see anything through.

• This thread is titled "Trainers under Investigation . . ." Please take your PETA rants to another thread. I was told to do so, now you do so. Start your own thread if you wish.

This is supposed to be about scumbag cheating trainers . . .
  • I am sorry, but when someone says they will laugh and cheer if this sport is shut down, it is very insulting to the good people that are honest and play by the rules.
    I will not mention the likes of that sticking group again because they have NO morals.
    Don't imply whose side I am on just because I was smelling a rat!
    Carry on, Mark.
  • edited March 2014
    Getting rid of racing will only take it underground where there ARE no morals.... Just money.... At least out in the open, people can make a difference. I wish both PETA and horseracing would both go home and rethink their lives. If it weren't for racing being legal and out in the open.... Most likely Assmussen would have never been found out. But because it IS, the whole world is watching.