Trainers under Investigation & Suspended

Comments

• SOUND FAMILIAR? MR. ED SNEAKS ONTO THE BACKSTRETCH TO REVEAL A RACE HORSE DOPING SCANDAL!

• Mr. Ed was great! Thanks for sharing! I used to watch this show.
  • Nayrod, What you said is right on. It's a crying shame it took this video to get people off their rears and try to do something. I do think the majority of people in the industry are good people who just have to be strong and organize (which many are doing, Rick Porter's "call to action" for one) What they need to do is follow the way Hong Kong, for instance, has their industry set up. Somewhere on this thread is the article about that. But, if they clean it up, then PETA will not have anything to find and we can get some respect again. If they don't, I hate to see what will happen.

• Did you ever find it ironic that in corner one, you have an organization that has led to animals being killed and has no ethics and in corner two you have an organization that has led to animals being killed and has no ethics. And each side is trying to convince the rest of us who play by the rules that their opponent is "bad"
  • That was lovely to see, thanks for passing that on mark.
  • nayrodnayrod Member
    edited March 2014
    Nayrod, What you said is right on. It's a crying shame it took this video to get people off their rears and try to do something. I do think the majority of people in the industry are good people who just have to be strong and organize (which many are doing, Rick Porter's "call to action" for one) What they need to do is follow the way Hong Kong, for instance, has their industry set up. Somewhere on this thread is the article about that. But, if they clean it up, then PETA will not have anything to find and we can get some respect again. If they don't, I hate to see what will happen.
    Well Peta will always look for something. I understand there reason but sometimes they go to the extreme. You don't make waved when your stirring up a storm. (I've been in the south to long) lol. All this non sense does have to stop. The hardest of all is changing racing mentality. A lot of those people are rough around the edges and only know one way. Instead of pointing fingers, it's time to educate and make some changes. It begins with owners keeping an eye on there horse's and not to feel awkward on asking trainers. Owners should show up unannounced to visit there horse's. Lets start from there, then change can happen. Sadly, this has been going on forever but it's to the extreme now. Sometimes they heave sniffing drugs are used.
  • Nayrod, Yay! I'm in the south too! I imagine I've been here too long, but I'm stuck for awhile. I agree, owners need to be more vigilant. Showing up unannounced and checking ALL the vets bills, etc. is just logical. You really have to be less trusting, as sad as that is.

• Rednecks!

• I suppose the both of you like country music, drive a pick up and own a dog too!
  • LOL! Hmm, maybe some country music, but mostly not. I don't drive a pick up, but do have two dogs. However, not a redneck, just surrounded by them.
  • So tell me Mark, what is your definition of a "Redneck". I too am from the South...Southern bred and Virginia born. Just curious what the California definition is.
  • LyndaK, I'm scared to hear his answer!

• I'm from the south too, southern California!
  • markinsacmarkinsac Member
    edited March 2014
    The term "redneck" could be used by different people in different ways. Some may think it means poor rural southern white person. I meant it as in a southerner proud of his or her heritage. And I see nothing wrong with that. But I threw in the stereotypes associated with southerners, like country music, pick ups, etc for sarcasm. If you called me a left-coaster, I would be proud!
  • Okay, then I'm a redneck! Lol I think redneck pertains to rural, also. I am not rural, but I am proud of my heritage.
  • Found this link in another context and thought I'd post it here. It's an old article, which maybe y'all read when it was first published, but I thought it kind of shows that "the apple didn't fall far from the tree," to use the old cliche. Of course, he "didn't know."

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/71203/asmussen-mares-now-at-remember-me-rescue
  • One of those mares ended up at Old Friends
  • Thanks for the "happy ending story" about the mares!
  • Mr. Ed fans can still watch it daily. It's on a cable channel called Antenna TV.
  • Or you can watch every episode on you tube without commercials
  • Hey I'm a NY Redneck living in FLorida and I'm proud of it! lol
  • markinsacmarkinsac Member
    edited March 2014
    You're a Yankee! Who's your favorite baseball team?

PS folks, weatherwise, you can't beat the southern California coast. We've had about 100 perfect days in a row. It's like having a swimming pool in your backyard. You get tired of it after a while.
  • You're a Yankee! Who's your favorite baseball team?

PS folks, weatherwise, you can't beat the southern California coast. We've had about 100 perfect days in a row. It's like having a swimming pool in your backyard. You get tired of it after a while.
    I'm a southern Yankee (:)))) and I don't care for any sports. Unless it's horse related or olympics.

• Actually south Florida really isn't the real south. Just like you have the left coast, south Florida should be called the south coast