Comments

• RachelRachel Member
    he reminds me of Verrazano
  • Vinceremos reminds you of Verrazano? How
  • RachelRachel Member
    he looks like him
  • QueenZFan20QueenZFan20 Member
    edited May 2014
    Vinceres came out of the Derby "no worse for wear" according to assistant Ginny DePasquale. Will to Belmont Park next.
  • Social Inclusion is scheduled to arrive at Pimlico May 8th for the Preakness Stakes.
  • Vinceremos—As long as we’re being honest here, Vinceremos really had no chance at winning and did not have much of an excuse for just how badly he ran. He did bump with Danza during the run to the clubhouse turn, but aside from that, he was really just overmatched. That pesky 7.00 Dosage Index was the first clue, but his loss to Ring Weekend, who then finished up the track in the Calder Derby, in the Tampa Bay Derby was the second clue. Like with Tapiture, middle distances appear to be more his forte
  • RachelRachel Member
    so why the heck is he going in the BELMONT!?
  • so why the heck is he going in the BELMONT!?
    Where did you hear the rachel?
  • Florida-based Manny Azpurua will saddle his first horse in the Preakness. The pace setting Social Inclusion will attempt to regain his spectacular winning ways in the Preakness. He tired to third in the Wood Memorial
  • Rontos Racing Stable Corp.’s Social Inclusion visited the racetrack extra early Saturday morning for his morning exercise. Training hours were limited to one hour between 5 and 6 a.m. in order to accommodate “Canter for a Cure,” a fundraising event for breast cancer research that ran between 6 and 11 a.m.

“He went out at 5. We were happy to do it, ‘Canter for a Cure’ is such a good cause,” said Rontos Racing’s Ron Sanchez. “He was full of energy. He really likes the track. He galloped a mile and a half and came back with good energy. He was full of himself. He’s settled in at Pimlico really nice.”

Sanchez reported that Social Inclusion, who finished third in the Wood Memorial (G3) after winning his first two races impressively at Gulfstream Park, is scheduled to gallop again on Sunday at 8:30 a.m. and breeze on Monday.

Jockey Luis Contreras, who has retained the mount aboard the Manny Azpurua-trained colt, is scheduled to be at Pimlico for Social Inclusion’s breeze Monday.
  • SOCIAL INCLUSION– Rontos Racing Stable Corp’s Social Inclusion galloped 1 ½ miles at Pimlico Race Course Sunday morning, demonstrating good energy in his second pass of the grandstand.

“He looks good,” said trainer Manny Azpurua as the 3-year-old son of Pioneerof the Nile walked off the track under exercise rider Domingo Navarro. “He’s ready for tomorrow.”

Social Inclusion is scheduled to breeze at 8:30 a.m. Monday.

“How far, it all depends. But right now, I think he’ll go a half mile,” the 85-year-old South Florida-based trainer said.

Jockey Luis Contreras is scheduled to travel from Woodbine to Pimlico for Monday’s breeze.

Social Inclusion is slated to make his fourth lifetime start in the Preakness. The Kentucky-bred colt kicked off his career with a pair of easy victories at Gulfstream, including a track-record breaking allowance score at 1 1/16 miles in his second start before finishing third in the Wood Memorial (G1).
  • 2014 Preakness Stakes - Social Inclusion:
  • From Preakness Stakes facebook: Social Inclusion enjoying his last few moments of peace and quiet! Soon enough the Pimlico Race Course Stakes Barns will be buzzing! https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/t1.0-9/p403x403/10294392_10152400336688118_7166479602251541738_n.jpg
  • Jojo Warrior is entered May 16th in the Miss Preakness Stakes. She will be ridden by Rosie Napravnik. She is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Zayat Stables.
  • Jojo Warrior is entered May 16th in the Miss Preakness Stakes. She will be ridden by Rosie Napravnik. She is trained by Bob Baffert and owned by Zayat Stables.
    i love the way she ran last out
  • Social Inclusion had an identical pattern entering the Wood Memorial and had the same outcome. Adding the speedy Pablo Del Monte to the mix ensures an honest pace in the Preakness and neither Bayern or Social Inclusion has run fast early and fast late.
  • OCIAL INCLUSION – Rontos Racing Stable Corp’s Social Inclusion breezed a half-mile in 47 seconds at Pimlico Race Course Monday morning in preparation for a scheduled start in Saturday’s Preakness.

“This morning when we came to the track I told the owner I wanted 46-and-change,” said trainer Manny Azpurua, who watched the move from the porch of the Pimlico press box with Ron Sanchez of Rontos Racing. “So, I’m happy. The jockey didn’t move on him. It was just what I was looking for.”

Jockey Luis Contreras, who has ridden the Azpurua-trained colt in all three of his career races, traveled from Woodbine Race Course in suburban Toronto to Pimlico for the work.

“He did it very easy. Manny told me to give him a good work with a good finish. He did it easy and so strong,” Contreras said. “He’s such a good horse. When you watch him, he looks like he’s running on air.”

The son of Pioneerof the Nile cut out fractions of :12 1/5, :23 2/5 and :35 3/5 on his way to the recorded official clocking, before galloping out five furlongs in :59 3/5 and six furlongs in 1:13 3/5.

Contreras, who rode Social Inclusion to a pair of dominating victories at Gulfstream during the winter before finishing third in the Wood Memorial (G1) at Aqueduct on April 5, expressed his gratitude that Gulfstream Park-based Azpurua and Sanchez have opted to stick with him for the Preakness.

“When they told me they wanted me to ride him in the Preakness, I was so happy, because sometimes when you leave to go to ride at another track, you can lose mounts,” said the defending two-time Woodbine champion, who rode at Gulfstream during the winter before returning to Canada in April. “You know I’ve been riding for 10 years and this horse makes me so excited; he makes me feel so comfortable and so confident. When I sit on him, I feel the power.”

After a 7-1/2-length debut victory and a track record-breaking allowance win at Gulfstream, Social Inclusion suffered his first loss in the Wood, in which he broke a step slowly from his outside post position and was forced to race wide around the first turn before setting the pace into deep stretch and tiring to finish third. The loss, while disappointing, has provided Contreras with added confidence going into the Preakness.

“His first two races he did it easy. In his last race, he got beat, but he was fighting right to the end. He tried to fight back and lost second by a nose,” he said. “It’s great to feel the power underneath you and know that if something happens in the race, he’s still going to give you 110 percent. He showed me he could fight.”