Ziconic

edited April 2014 in Ziconic
ZICONIC

Comments

• edited April 2014
    The name Ziconic is so unbelievably perfect.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited April 2014
    Yeah! That was a real battle getting back on when the website crashed. I was working on nicks for Zenny's future boyfriends when the whole site crashed. Come to find when I did get in the first time for a few seconds that it wasn't Zennie foaling...but they had just announced Z13's registered name...
    ZICONIC!
    But the real battle was just trying to get into the forum for over an hour just to post the great news!
  • Like the name. Here's hoping he gets his own Facebook page eventually, like his big bro.

Nice shoulder on that boy.
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!
  • its not the name i chose but its better then the on i chose
  • I like Ziconic. It's simple and classy, and it fits him. I still like Tranzendent, though. Maybe for a future foal...?
  • KalarKalar Member
    edited April 2014
    'Zic' would be a cute nickname, but it sorta confuses the pronunciation of the whole name. Having said that, California Chrome's nickname is 'Junior' so Ziconic's nickname could be anything. har
  • Or maybe Zike. But I like someone else's suggestion...Nic for a nickname. :oD
  • KalarKalar Member
    I thought of 'Ike' as a nickname, but somehow that doesn't suit him in my opinion. :\
  • I really like this name for him! Excellent choice by the Mosses!!!
  • I didn't think it was possible for anyone to come up with a name that is so perfect that NONE of us had guessed. Amazing. As to the nickname--they didn't make a suggestion as they did last year with Coz. Zike or Nic would be cute, but maybe he already has a nickname or "barn name." If so, I wish they would share it. In the meantime, I like Ziconic, and think it's very appropriate for a Little Red we all hope will be the next iconic Red like Secretariat and Man O'War.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Ziconic = strong name, easy to remember, easy for race caller, and
    great tribute to the iconic Tapit & Zenyatta.
    Well done Ann & Jerry Moss.
  • While 'Nic' is a quick and easy nickname I feel it's still too close (time wise) to the tragic loss of the heroic St. Nicholas Abbey who went by 'Nic'.

I'd rather go with Zic or Zicon
  • How about Khan?

Just kidding--it wouldn't fit him at all. How about Zeke, or maybe just Red?
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited April 2014
    Zicon is a cheap gemstone that is sometimes used in place of diamonds or other gems. I read several years ago that mining them benefits Al Quaida somehow. I prefer Zike. Or they could just release the barn name he already knows, whatever it is that they call him and he responds to. Kind of like the way Jess's Dream is called Taco. And Magna Fortuna is still Taxi.
  • That's a zircon, VA.
  • And zircon are not cheap gemstones! Now cubic zirconia, which are man made stuff, are.

Love the name Ziconic!!! Just perfect!
  • I think a simple nickname of "Zi" would do. sounded out as (z-eye)
  • Or just the normal Red would do or whatever they were calling him lol
  • The thing about barn names or any other nicknames for anybody/creature is that they're thought up by those who know them best. Ziconic's 'pet' name could be something as undignified as ' Stinky'. Ya never know. A rose by any other name is still a rose, and Ziconic is still my lil' Red to me. :))))
  • LeeLee Member
    Love the name!
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited April 2014
    Oh, thanks for setting me straight, jen_bloom. Seriously. Must have been a senior moment that got me so mixed up. Duh. I didn't mean cheap in the sense of shoddy, just cheap when compared to diamonds, emeralds, sapphires, rubies, etc. Maybe I should stay out of the category of jewelry. I really don't know much about it. I just know that my parents gave me two zircon (gotta remember that r) rings (at age 5 and age 12) as "birthstone" rings because my real birthstone is a diamond. And I'm very glad Z13's name had nothing to do with zircons.
  • I love, love, love Ziconic!!!!!!! When I first saw Cozmic One, I didn't love it (I do now) but I loooooooooooooovvveeeeed Ziconic the minute I saw it. Perfect name and, I agree Virginia, I can't believe none of us ever thought of it. It's perfect!
  • We never thought of Cozmic One either lol the mosses surprise us
  • It's such a strong, dignified name! I just love it. And, yes, the Mosses surprised us and they did good!