Ziconic

Comments

• KalarKalar Member
    @Especially_Horses I feel the same way. I want the 'official' yearling photo.
  • The shop is now working. The photo of him is still available for purchase.

8x 10" (image size 6" x 9")
    open edition - $30

11" x 14" (image size 8" x 12")
    open edition - $60

• Fantastic name for this exceptional colt! Mr. Moss nailed it!
  • It really is a great name! Not at all what I was expecting, but I love it all the same. And it's so unique!
  • Those people on horse racing nation sure were hard on the Moss' about their name selections. : [ eek!
    Sheesh! What a bunch of negative Nellies.
  • KayJay, where was that discussion? I would love to read it.
  • It was in the comment section on the side on the front page, if you scroll down you will see the name announcement and then the comments.
  • Thanks KayJay!
  • http://www.pedigreequery.com/ziconic

He is on Pedigree Query!!! I just looked up his name and there he was, they also have a picture of him.
  • KayJay-when the folks on horse racing nation start paying the feed bills, etc, then they can name a colt belonging to the Mosses'. Like everybody else here, I think it's a great name. Rock on Ziconic!
  • Those people on horse racing nation sure were hard on the Moss' about their name selections. : [ eek!
    Sheesh! What a bunch of negative Nellies.
    So true. Some folks aren't happy unless they are complaining.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    When he starts winning....they will all love the name!
  • When he starts winning....they will all love the name!
    I think they're just jealous that 13Z got such a good name and they didn't think of it haha!
  • If you girls don't like my suggestion of Nic for a nick name.
    How about using Red Nic.
  • edited April 2014
    If you girls don't like my suggestion of Nic for a nick name.
    How about using Red Nic.
    No. We prefer Blacklist.
  • If you girls don't like my suggestion of Nic for a nick name.
    How about using Red Nic.

No. We prefer Blacklist.
    Oooooh.... good one, Especially Horses!

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    His picture on the blog is csptioned with Zi ....
  • AriesChildAriesChild Member
    edited April 2014
    My nickname for him is Zi because it sounds like sigh and I sigh every time I look at that beautiful red colt. I know I said this somewhere else but thought I would share it here as well.

I couldn't find the discussion on Horse Racing Nation about his name, but it doesn't matter. Those people don't own him and they don't know him like the Moss's do, I think Ziconic is the perfect name for our Red Prince.
  • I'm looking at the Pedigreequery for Ziconic; 5 generation view. Of the 31 mares on there, including Zenny, 15 are Reines De Course designated and 9 of those from the Tapit side. 6 then from Zen's side which includes her dam, Vertigineux. There is one duplicate mare, Gold Digger who is dam of Mr. Prospector (he appears 2 x gen 4 and 1 gen 5) .
    Shoot; I'm impressed even if most of these are further back. Grand dames to be sure.
  • I'll go for Zike (like in Mike) as a nickname. :oD
  • @Joanna_TX what is Reines De Course designated mean?
  • AriesChild....means Queens of the Turf. I forget who the person(s) who come up the the designation but these mares have proven themselves by producing more than one top notch get. For example, if she isn't so designated yet, I would expect to see Take Charge Lady on that list (dam of Take Charge Indy and Will Take Charge).
  • That's pretty cool! Thanks for the info Joanna_TX!
  • I think that a Reines De Course mare not only produces outstanding foals herself, but her progeny fillies and their progeny fillies also do too. In other words...more than 1 generation of mares who produce outstanding foals. I'll try to look up the definition of RDC shortly.
  • Ziconic sounds like a name you would hear that has champion written all over it. Its a powerful name
    I agree, Rachel. For some reason when I see his eyes in pictures he looks like he's going to be a champion.