Ziconic

Comments

• They are both beautiful, but sure do look different.
  • ik there both going to be champions but i think zi will be better on the track
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    Zi looks more mature for his age then Coz. I think Coz will be a late bloomer like Zenny while Zi will be ready earlier. I really doubt that either Coz or Jess's Dream will make the Derby. Right now it looks possible for Zi. We will just have to see how he does in training.
  • Personally, I think Cozmo is turning into the better looking horse. Don't get me wrong, they're both gorgeous boys, but Cozmo just has that soft natured look that Zenyatta has, and I find it more appealing. And this isn't pointed to anyone in particular, Ibut it really bothers me when people say that Zack looks better than Cozmo, or any other type of comparison. I feel like Cozmo always get put into the negative light , and it's not fair. Neither has to be better than the other.
  • this is my favorite picture of him. he has lost his winter coat in this one. it is in the blog post about his name
    http://www.brisnet.com/pictures/ziconicjuly2013kyleacebo2.jpg
    actually never mind this was taken before winter
    Nice photo of him as a weanling. Sure would like a current photo of him as a yearling.
  • KalarKalar Member
    edited April 2014
    For perspective, it may help to recall Riva Ridge. He won the KD and Belmont in 1972 and from Meadow Stable just like Secretariat. He was sort of a homely sort as some stallions go, but he had legs like a deer and ran like the wind. The only reason he lost the Preakness was because it was muddy. He didn't like that one bit. Even Penny said he was a bit of a diva and would pout if he didn't get enough attention. Point is, Coz has those same 'legs like a deer.' He has real potential. And, as Jeanne said, "He's not afraid of anything."
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    Personally, I think Cozmo is turning into the better looking horse. Don't get me wrong, they're both gorgeous boys, but Cozmo just has that soft natured look that Zenyatta has, and I find it more appealing. And this isn't pointed to anyone in particular, Ibut it really bothers me when people say that Zack looks better than Cozmo, or any other type of comparison. I feel like Cozmo always get put into the negative light , and it's not fair. Neither has to be better than the other.
    It is impossible to compare the two physically as Zi is a yearling and Coz is a 2 year old. however you can compare how they looked at the same age. I am not saying that Zi is better than Coz. What I am saying is that comparing the two at similar ages (see pictures on previous page) Zi definitely looks more mature. To me that is not surprising Coz has always reminded me more of Zenyatta physically, while Zi seems to have gotten her regal bearing, but more Tapit's physical attributes.
  • Coz is long and lean and beautiful like Z. Zi is compact and stocky and beautiful like Tapit. They are both very nice looking horses and both have the potential to be great. They are both the sons of Queen Zenyatta and I love them both equally and always will no matter what they do at the track.
  • I like Coz a bit more than Zi, idk why, maybe the fact that im the oldest in my family or that the fact that i am pretty fidgety myself!
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited April 2014
    Comment deleted as being out of order. Will redo after a quote.
  • ok couple of things to keep in mind here. 1. the photos may not be the same size. 2. Coz is trotting with his head lowered, while Zi is standing with his head raised. 3. horses are measured from the ground to the withers (the part where the neck meet the barrel of the horse.)
    photo cozversuszi2_zps526116a3.png

looking at this I would have to say that Ziconic is a better looking horse. Zi's picture was taken Feb 2014 Coz's in April 2013.

I was thinking of the comparison with the fence rails. But the fences may not be equally high, or low. Thanks for posting these two pictures. They're probably as close in age as can be found. Coz would have been at age 13 months or thereabouts and Zi would have been about 10 and a half months. Zi has always been shaped like an adult horse, just smaller. Coz had the lanky teenaged look. They are both beautiful in their own way. The difference is not entirely due to the difference in fathers either. My sister and I have the same two parents, yet she has the wide hips and broad shoulders of our mother, while I have the narrow hips and shoulders of our paternal grandmother. Genetics is fascinating.

• Ziconic {nick} is built like Tim Tebow, Cozmic is built like Adrian Peterson. Both build like champions
  • Its Nick and Mick to me.
  • Their nicknames are Zi and Coz. Ill call them what the mosses call them
  • Me too Rachel.
  • They are going to be big tuff guys Nick N Mick, not Peater Pan ferries Zi N Ci.
    Two champs. Get it.
  • Ugh, "Peater Pan ferries"! I don't even want to know what you mean. Disgusting. I hope it doesn't mean what I think it does. You really aren't free to post stuff like that on this website.
  • Yea enough with the bashing please
  • And its Fairies*
  • Thanks Rachel.
  • Also its Zi and Coz not Zi and Ci. You really shouldn't make comments unless you know what you are talking about.

I too will be calling the boys by the nicknames the Moss's have given them.
  • Say it the way I spelled it mourns, you might see the humor in it. I didn't call them fairies, Rachel did. What a trouble maker.
  • LOL, what are "mourns"?
  • LeeLee Member
    OMG, LOL!
  • Excuse me..."peter pan ferries" ....the ferries in which you are referring is Ferries as in a Ferry ride. Where are these Peter Pan Ferries you refer to, i would like to see one.

Hmm this is one