Eblouissante

When she is done with her racing days, who do you think she should be bred to?

Comments

• tapit
  • tapit
    Too close. Bernardini, Ebby's sire, is a son of A.P Indy, so she is a granddaughter of A.P. Indy. Tapit is a grandson of A.P. Indy.
  • tapit
    Tapit's a nice stallion, but he might be a little too related to her. His grandsire is A.P Indy, and so is hers.

I would kind of like to see her go to Street Cry, even though they don't nick as well together.
  • tapit

Too close. Bernardini, Ebby's sire, is a son of A.P Indy, so she is a granddaughter of A.P. Indy. Tapit is a grandson of A.P. Indy.
    LOL, I just said that. Who do you think would be a good match for her?
  • well who i would want to see her go to would have to be one of myu favorite horses of all time is the pamplamousse
  • With parents named Eblouissante and Pampalmousse, naming the foal would be quite a challenge. LOL
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited April 2014
    Eblouismousse LOL The Pampaleb bahahahaha
  • ik i would laugh at the nname
  • Eblouismousse. I don't know. It has rather a nice ring to it. hahaha.
  • Eblouismousse. I don't know. It has rather a nice ring to it. hahaha.
    i actually like that if i knew how to say that is spelled
  • Or Pampalisante. Pampalant?
  • Eb-louis-moose is how u pronounce Eblouismousse
  • KalarKalar Member
    Eblouismousse LOL The Pampaleb bahahahaha
    LOL!!!! To tell ya the truth, I'm likin' Eblouismousse!! ha
  • Eb-louis-moose is how u pronounce Eblouismousse
    Or Pampalisante. Pampalant?
    your good at naming horses

• KalarKalar Member
    edited April 2014
    I would pronounce it phonetically: Eb blewy moose Ebblewymoose
  • Its fun to name them lol im having fun with ebbys name lol
  • All good and funny suggestions. In case those are rejected, we don't have to name the foal after it's parents. Maybe we're a little premature. Ebby hasn't been retired to broodmare status yet has she? Is she going to continue to race?
  • KalarKalar Member
    edited April 2014
    All good and funny suggestions. In case those are rejected, we don't have to name the foal after it's parents. Maybe we're a little premature. Ebby hasn't been retired to broodmare status yet has she? Is she going to continue to race?
    That was just for fun. Everyone's antsy about Z, so minds were wandering into all sorts of territory. :)
  • Yea this is just for fun
  • All good and funny suggestions. In case those are rejected, we don't have to name the foal after it's parents. Maybe we're a little premature. Ebby hasn't been retired to broodmare status yet has she? Is she going to continue to race?

Yes, this is all in fun. I believe that Ebby is actually racing this weekend. I have read in the past that she was bred primarily to be a broodmare, so it will be interesting to see who she is bred to once she moves on to her career as a mom.
  • Yup shes racing at Santa Anita against Beholder on the 20th
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    I would like to see her bred to Afleet Alex. I don't like the Nicks system because it only takes into account the hypothetical foals earning potential (estimate based on similar horses) I look for in breeding, the presence of northern dancer (negative in my opinion) and if Northern Dancer is present how much. this match has ND but only once and it would be bred out with the next generation. I also take into consideration what I know about the horses. for instance I know that Alex has had at least 2 triple crown contenders, and has foreign interest. Those offspring earning somewhere around 2.2 million USD. furthermore those offspring sent overseas are competing in there countries versions of graded stakes and winning.
  • KalarKalar Member
    @EriNC I'm an Afleet Alex fan, too, along with Medaglia d'Oro.
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    My first thought was Giant's Causeway (I would love to see Zenny go to him), but there is too much inbreeding with Eblouissante
  • bleubettybleubetty Member
    edited July 2018
    Hey all ---- I am just a little bit excited ---- I found EBBY!
    She is at Summer Wind Farms in Georgetown, KY with a 2018 Dubawi foal/colt by her side
    Two (2) videos on June 2nd and May 3rd and also some pictures posted, too. (scroll down to find)
    She looks like she is enjoying her life as a broodmare and still looks amazing!

https://www.facebook.com/Summer-Wind-Farm-105043749563571/

(I don't know how to copy posts from facebook to another site, sorry :'( )

Discussions about Ebby after April 2014 have apparently been in other threads --- I couldn't believe nothing has been posted here in soooo long.