Quality Road

I was super excited to read Quality Road's first starter won! I really want him to become one of the best U.S. studs. I just love this boy!

Comments

• EriNCEriNC Member
    here is the video: Interestingly this was also the debut for Munnings whose first starter finished second
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/84442/quality-roads-first-starter-scores-easy-win?source=rss
  • Ack! Hootenanny?!
  • Ack! Hootenanny?!
    That's the name? Hootenanny? If so ACK!
  • kurtkurt Member
    QR will probably be a great stallion..most of your top milers are...and yes QR was NOT a 1 1/4 horse. ive seen him in person a couple times but i have a hard time with him because i cant help but think if he hadnt stopped in front of Z on the turn in the classic, mike doesnt have to swing out and restart her and she blows right by blame..oh well, woulda coulda shoulda...congrats on being 1/1
  • Lol yay for first winner
  • That's good Love freshman stallions proving themsleves early
  • Ack! Hootenanny?!
    Ack from me, too. LOL

• Yeah Kurt that is a thought in my mind too but, I still just love that guy. I also wish Z had been just a little closer early in that race. Make that 3 on ACK! on that name poor guy got stuck with a horrible one for sure!
  • He makes great looking foals
  • QR is a beautiful horse up close. He has a lovely head.

I agree that him stopping in front of Zenyatta probably cost her the race. Not his fault--he should have been in the Dirt Mile, IMO. He would have eaten that field for lunch.
  • KalarKalar Member
    Hootenanny for a colt? Poor guy. It could be cute for a filly: Hooten Annie. ;)
  • I agree Lauraj I think he should have been in the mile. I hope this winner is just the first of many. Kalar you are cracking me up Hooten Annie hahaha that is alot cuter than the poor colt getting stuck with that name.
  • Hootenanny is running on May 16th in the Rollicking Stakes at Pimlico. He will be ridden by Leonardo Goncalves. He is trained by Wesley Ward and owned by Keith Donworth.

• Thank you QueenZFan20 for the heads up. I haven't been on in a couple of weeks. Do you know how Hootie ( sorry had tochange that awful name) did?

Hootenanny is running on May 16th in the Rollicking Stakes at Pimlico. He will be ridden by Leonardo Goncalves. He is trained by Wesley Ward and owned by Keith Donworth.
  • RachelRachel Member
    He came in 3rd i think, 3rd or 2nd
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited June 2014
    Quality Lake is running June 11th in a maiden special weight at Northlands Park. He will be ridden by Rafael Zenteno Jr. He is trained by Joan Petrowski and owned by Victor and Sharon Kleparchuk.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Oh dear
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited June 2014
    The owner of 2014 Belmont Winner Tonalist also bred andhttp://www.drf.com/news/family-ties-run-deep-belmont-winner-tonalist-owner-evans raced Quality Road:
  • Thank you Rachel and QueenZFan22 for updates! Glad to see he did well! He beat a large field. Hope to see some QR babies lighting up the boards on both sides of the pond : )
  • Does anyone know how Quality Lake did?
  • Does anyone know how Quality Lake did?
    She won her race and actually I misspelled her name it's actually Quality Lane.
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    virtual stable isnt doing well for me it isnt telling me certain horses are running.
  • There were good stakes in three countries over the past week that featured the younger set, with trainer Wesley Ward’s big lick at Royal Ascot coming with the 2-year-old Hootenanny, who blazed away from his competition in the Windsor Castle Stakes to win by 3 ½ lengths from 23 competitors, racing the five furlongs in :59.05.

The lanky-looking colt proved plentifully progressive and rewarded his owners, John Magnier, Michael Tabor, and Derrick Smith, with the first stakes of the Royal Ascot meeting.

Hootenanny is the first stakes winner for his sire, the Elusive Quality horse Quality Road. A really big horse of exceptional ability, Quality Road won four times at the Grade 1 level (the Florida Derby, Metropolitan Handicap, Woodward, and Donn) and was three times placed in G1s, including the Whitney at Saratoga, when narrowly defeated by champion Blame.

Quality Road came to his best form at 3, and getting such a precocious performer, on turf no less, suggests that broodmare sire Hennessy was a handy part of the equation that produced this good young performer. Although Quality Road was not a turf horse, his sire ran a record mile on the surface and has sired highweights and a classic winner on turf, like his sire Gone West. For them, all surfaces are alike, and the definitive measure is class. Quality Road stands at Lane’s End Farm for $25,000.