Quality Road

Comments

• RachelRachel Member
    ill say it again, I was really impressed with Hootenanny lol
  • Thank you QueenZFan22 for the post! I like the way this article highlights Quality Road's offspring have the potential to effective and versatile on a variety of surfaces.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    put Hoot and Moonshine in my stable...
  • Elusive Checkers in running June 29th in a 2 year old maiden special weight fior fillies at Churchill Downs. She will be ridden by Corey Lanerie. She is trained by David Vance and owned by Carl Pollard.
  • Hot Sire: Quality Road off to strong start: http://www.drf.com/news/hot-sire-quality-road-strong-start
  • AshtonAshton Member
    I'm a huge Quality Road fan. Here is a video I took of him this past Oct. at Lane's End. He is such a playful character.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=560775253976304&set=vb.379310605456104&type=3&theater
  • Seve's Road is running July 6th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 5 furlongs at Los Alamitos Thoroughbred. He will be ridden by Elvis Trujillo. He is trained by Doug O'Neill and owned by Kenney, Dave, Royce Jamie Racing Stable.
  • I hope to see QR get an even stronger book of mares in the future. I think he has real potential to produce winners on all surfaces. I also think he has a really good chance in being very influential in the next couple of generations of American turf horses.
  • Roaming is running July 12th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 furlongs at Woodbine. She will be ridden by Gary Boulanger. She is trained by Gail Cox and owned by John Menary and Gail Cox.
  • How did Seve's Road fair?
  • How did Seve's Road fair?
    Finished 3rd.
  • Shining America is running July 19h in a maiden claiming race for 2 year old fillies going 4 1/2 furlongs at Parx Racing. She will be ridden by Frankie Pennington. She is trained by Cathal Lynch and owned by MMG Racing Stable.
  • From Racing Social facebook:
    Wesley Ward is planning a trip to York Racecourse next month with two horses owned by Wes Walker holding entries during the Ebor meeting.

"All being well Undrafted will be coming back for the Nunthorpe and hopefully Mr Dettori will take the call again."

Undrafted is unlikely to be Ward's only runner on the Knavesmire next month as Windsor Castle Stakes winner Hootenanny is being primed for the Gimcrack Stakes.

"With Hootenanny coming over for the Gimcrack, hopefully we'll have a great couple of days at York. I can't wait," said Ward.

"Hootenanny is in just fantastic shape at the moment and I wouldn't expect the step up (to six furlongs) to be an issue."
  • Pure is running July 20th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 5 1/2 furlongs at Del Mar. She will be ridden by Martin Pedroza. She is trained by James Cassidy and owned by DP Racing LLC.
  • Excited to see Hootie running in U.S. @QueenZFan22
  • Excited to see Hootie running in U.S. @QueenZFan22
    Me too but i think he might run in Europe this year?
  • Captain Moss is running July 26th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 6 furlongs at Saratoga. He will be ridden by Joe Bravo. He is trained by Nick Zito and owned by Hurricane Boys and Richard Pell.
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited July 2014
    CAPTAIN MOSS (Quality Road - Deal of the Decade, by Tiznow) $100K KEESEP13. First Crop sire Quality Road has 3 winners from 8 starters. He’ll likely pass along some speed to his offspring and for the most part, they’ll be of average precocity. One of two of Captain Moss’s siblings was fairly precocious. Captain Moss has a classy female family. His dam is a half to multiple G-1 winner CLEAR MANDATE, who in turn, bore Hopeful hero STRONG MANDATE, as well as stakes winners FULL MANDATE and NEWFOUNDLAND. The second dam DREAM DEAL won the Monmouth Oaks (G-1). Captain Moss’ third dam G-1 winner LIKELY EXCHANGE is a blue hen. She bore Belmont hero CRÈME FRAICHE. Nick Zito gets only 4% winners first time out, but this ccolt fired a pre-race bullet and has been recording excellent works.
  • @QueenZFan22 I am going to start a keep Hootie in the U.S. campaign lol!
  • RachelRachel Member
    Hes appearing to be a grass lover and the grass is quite greener on the other side of the world. He could be the first international winner for Quality Road with a win here in the US and now in England. His trainer is based in the US so he's not going to be permanently there. Article states hes been training at churchill and may have another dirt start in the future. His trainer, Wesley Ward, has had much success overseas with his runners.
  • Seve's road is running July 30th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going one mile on turf at Del Mar. He will be ridden by Elvis Trujillo. He is trained by Doug O'Neill and owned by Jaime, Royce S., Kenney, Dave and RAP Racing.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    I thought all races were off the turf at Del Mar today?
  • I thought all races were off the turf at Del Mar today?
    @carolinarkansas the race will be July 30th which is Wednesday.
  • @Rachel yeah I definitely understand the reason for running him in Europe. If Hootie is successful on both sides of the pond it will definitely make QR considered by a more varied range of blood stock agents.