When will Z14 come?????

ZmasterZmaster Member
edited April 2014 in Zenyatta
Omg i am pulling my hair out for tgis foal to come!!!! When ever i have spare time i am looking for a blog post saying something like: Zennys in foal or Say hello to Z14!!!!!

Comments

• VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, me too. Or "He's here" or even better, "She's here." I hope they give us some sort of progress report tonight. Does Zenyatta have milk yet? What's the pH? Is she pawing or flehming? Never mind about us pacing. I want to know if Zenyatta is pacing. Is she lying down and getting up frequently? Is she sweating? Breathing heavily or panting? Has she got mushy poops? Has she been "cleaning out" with lots of poops? Is she soft and relaxed in the hind end? What's going on there?
  • edited April 2014
    If the past is any indication, they aren't going to tell us anything until the foal's here.
  • Yeah. Do they realize the danger this is causing to the highways of America? Every day there are hundreds of us driving while more and more sleep deprived. A simple: "Nothing going on here folks. Go to bed." would be courteous and save a lot of grumpiness.
  • KalarKalar Member
    Anyone besides me think this baby could be a real 'chunky monkey' and with that thick neck like Secretariat's? :D
  • Did Secretariat have a thick neck while he was racing? All stallions have thick(er) necks. I think.
  • KalarKalar Member
    Yes, he did. Muscles for days all over his body, including his neck. No, not all stallions have the thick neck.
  • KalarKalar Member
    edited April 2014
    Not sure if this will work. It's a Yahoo search screen thumbnail pullup. Secretariat

Edit: link removed
  • Well, I haven't seen all that many.
  • KalarKalar Member
    edited April 2014
    War Front

Edit: Link removed
    edited April 2014
    How old was Secretariat in that photo? War Front doesn't look so massive.
  • Ron Turcott is tiny on Sec
  • Secretariat always had a thick neck which I loved on him.
  • Conformation
  • KalarKalar Member
    Well, I haven't seen all that many.
    I've seen tons primarily because of Secretariat. He was so perfect in conformation and muscles for days, powerful neck, short-cuppled (not a standard long back like the usual racing thoroughbreds of the day....I always suspected there could be quarter-horse hidden in the woodwork somewhere. chuckle I doubt it, but I always wondered). Anyway, I digress. I always look for the thick neck and powerful chest and hindquarters. Secretariat also had a shorter cannon bone than most thoroughbreds of which it was said, "You couldn't break with it an ax."
  • KalarKalar Member
    I think the pic on that link I posted is when Sec was 3, but I can't swear to it.
  • KalarKalar Member
    I love that pic of him. We can check it for comparison with 14z....regardless of gender. :)
  • KalarKalar Member
    edited April 2014
    The first link of the pic of Sec I posted is from the 1973 KD. This one is from the 1973 Belmont.

Edit: Link removed
  • KalarKalar Member
    edited April 2014
    War Front looks great!!! He looks to be rather short-cuppled, too. Powerful-looking stallion. So excited to see the baby to see if it takes after Mom or Dad in build. :D
  • War Front does look great! Very sturdy looking.
    edited April 2014
    Wow, you'd think it would have made him top-heavy. I completely missed seeing him race because in those years I was totally immersed in child raising and writing in my "spare time." Didn't follow horses at all in the 70s, so missed a lot of great ones. I heard of them in the news but that's as far as it went. Too bad. Refer's to Louise's post of the neck.
  • KalarKalar Member
    The neck is no big deal by itself, but if it tracks with the rest of the conformation, it could be awesome!! Add an iron constitution, great attitude, and you have a major shot at a great runner at any traditional distance.

I would have loved to see Z try 1 1/2m. I think she could have done that easily due to her size and her much longer stride. Not having to take as many strides as some other horses, she retains more strength.
  • KalarKalar Member
    edited April 2014
    Wow, you'd think it would have made him top-heavy. I completely missed seeing him race because in those years I was totally immersed in child raising and writing in my "spare time." Didn't follow horses at all in the 70s, so missed a lot of great ones. I heard of them in the news but that's as far as it went. Too bad. Refer's to Louise's post of the neck.
    I occasionally get in the frame of mind to overdose on Secretariat race clips on youtube. I do that at least once a year. :) There are some great documentaries of him there, too.

I also have a couple of books about him and have read probably everything ever written about him. He's my horse hero. :) I so wish we could have seen him race at 4. Dang syndication investors wouldn't allow it. Stupid federal government and their outrageous inheritance tax put Penny (after her dad died) in a position where she had to sell stud options prior to his 3 y/o start just to keep the farm. She refused to sell him outright.