14Z – The Princess

Comments

• KalarKalar Member
    Contest winners for the pic of 14z are Serena and Don.
    Congratulations to Serena and Don!!
  • Theyre calling her Princess Z

Really? :) That's so cool! Wonder if they'll name her that? :D
    I don't think so. Cozmo was "Prince" for the longest time.
  • she was bigger than her brothers LOL
  • her nickname to them is Princess Z tho
  • KalarKalar Member
    OMG She's gorgeous! Lots of pics! I think she very well may have Z's backend. ;)
    http://www.zenyatta.com/news/princess-zs-first-days
  • she was bigger than her brothers LOL
    I know! Z keeps having bigger babies every time.
  • Kalar, I was just think the same about her engine. Sure looks like Mama's. Beautiful bone and muscle all over!
  • Does look like she got some of Z's rear engine! That's wonderful. That one picture of her reminds me SO much of one of Zi. What a cutie she is. She's going to be fun to watch develop.
  • KalarKalar Member
    edited April 2014
    All eyes are gonna be on this baby! She's a real stunner!! So funny that she was bigger than her bros. LOL You go, girl!! :D
  • KalarKalar Member
    Theyre calling her Princess Z

Really? :) That's so cool! Wonder if they'll name her that? :D

I don't think so. Cozmo was "Prince" for the longest time.
    True. True. I forgot about that. :)
  • the Royal Family via Palace Malice fb (hehe Coz has the biggest ears of them all!)
    Rachel, Can you find a picture of Z at this age? So that I can see them all lined up together. Sorry to ask you but you're always so good at that kind of thing. Thank you.

• theres no picture available of her at that age. only a weanling age
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    edited April 2014
    In the new pictures I can clearly see her off side hind sock but does she also have just a hint of a near side hind coronet?
  • KalarKalar Member
    She'll probably darken up and look like her Dad. Coz was fairly light as a colt but darkened up quite a bit. Looking forward to seeing Zi at 2.
  • in the different lighting it looks like it but in this photo no she doesnt

• Sigh. If only they'd known how Zenny's life would be, more picture would have been taken and preserved. I know for myself, I have oodles of photos and artwork that I neglected to put dates, names, places etc on and now I don't remember a lot of that stuff and family (parents and the one sister) are all gone. You do the best you can.
    Someday, somebody is going to be REALLY glad for all the pictures of Zenny's royal family!
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    I find the filly's size interesting. Rachel Alexandra had a 140 pound filly last year, and the size of the foal is believed to have contributed to her complications. just looked it up Rachel is 5 feet 3 inches or 16 hands, and Zenyatta is 5 feet 9 inches or 17.2 hands.
  • yup zenyatta also has a bigger hind end which allows for a wider birth area thus allowing for an easy birth and bigger foal. but i wouldnt want her having any bigger foals, this one is her biggest to date
  • KalarKalar Member
    edited April 2014
    yup zenyatta also has a bigger hind end which allows for a wider birth area thus allowing for an easy birth and bigger foal. but i wouldnt want her having any bigger foals, this one is her biggest to date
    I agree. I remember when Z's first breeding was being discussed and I immediately thought of Midnight Lute, but he's 17hands. Too big. Don't want to endanger Z in any way.
  • Goodness, If Zenny's babies get much bigger she won't be able to have them. Bless her heart.
    Speaking of Rachel...I don't think she'll ever get to carry a foal again. Way too many complications. Rachel never seemed to enjoy motherhood like Zenny did but she was a good mom when she wasn't ill from foaling complications. Bless her heart too!
  • Sigh. If only they'd known how Zenny's life would be, more picture would have been taken and preserved. I know for myself, I have oodles of photos and artwork that I neglected to put dates, names, places etc on and now I don't remember a lot of that stuff and family (parents and the one sister) are all gone. You do the best you can.
    Someday, somebody is going to be REALLY glad for all the pictures of Zenny's royal family!
    I agree. Even digital doesn't help. It just means more pictures for me not to label!
    As much as I am looking forward to who Z goes to next, I kinda hope they give her a rest this year. I get so nervous for her. I think looking forward to Cozy's first race and watching the progress of his training will be fun and a lot less stressful on my nerves!
  • KalarKalar Member
    @Rachel Looks like she has a 'coronet' around the top of her left rear hoof.
  • she might
  • KalarKalar Member
    edited April 2014
    In the new pictures I can clearly see her off side hind sock but does she also have just a hint of a near side hind coronet?
    I tend to agree. It looks like a coronet to me, too.

Here's a link to a pic of a coronet.
    http://www.theequinest.com/colors/markings/legs/
  • I think the princezz looks like she has her momma's conformation and her daddy's coloring. Her legs look long to me and make me think she's going to be tall.