14Z – The Princess

Comments

• EriNCEriNC Member
    edited April 2014
    Goodness, If Zenny's babies get much bigger she won't be able to have them. Bless her heart.
    Speaking of Rachel...I don't think she'll ever get to carry a foal again. Way too many complications. Rachel never seemed to enjoy motherhood like Zenny did but she was a good mom when she wasn't ill from foaling complications. Bless her heart too!
    Rachel, in my opinion shouldnt have been bred. Yes, she had a great 3 year old year, but she also had issues as a weanling that caused her owner to not sell her at auction.According to Morrison, Rachel Alexandra looked "a little raw-boned and a little scruffy" as a foal. Morrison rarely sells the first couple of foals out of his mares, but he almost made an exception with Rachel Alexandra, entering her in the 2006 Keeneland November Sale as a weanling. When X-rays revealed a "minor development problem" - he scratched her, convinced she wouldn't bring the $125,000 he thought she was worth.
    Her full sister Samantha Nicole also had issues when she went to auction. Furthermore her Dam (Lotta Kim) has reproductive issues. Lotta Kim has had 5 foals in 8 years. Rachel in 2006-who she rejected at birth, a colt in 2007 that was euthanized due to Wobblers syndrome. Samantha Nicole in 2011, a colt named Dolphus, by Lookin at Lucky, in 2013, and in april of this year a colt by Malibu Moon. With the history of Lotta Kim, personally I would be skeptical of breeding Rachel. If Rachel is bred again she would definitely be considered a very high risk pregnancy.
  • she had another foal by Malibu Moon, a colt
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    edited April 2014
    she had another foal by Malibu Moon, a colt
    The malibu Moon colt was born this year, and hasnt been added to pedigreequery.cm yet. That was where I was getting the info on her offspring
  • tanzatanza Member
    This is one mare that loves her job of being a Mom! There is NO doubt about that... she loves her babies and totally thrives being in foal... Of course, this goes along with the fact that she excelled at everything she had done.. LOL.... She (Zenyatta) is a gem among TB's... she does it all. Hope with fingers crossed that she passed her passion to her babies... time will tell. Regardless if they don't breed her this year, IMO the only reason would be to back up the foaling date... because she loves being a broodmare... there is NO doubt about that. So to all the "nay" sayers... get a clue...
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited April 2014
    NEW BLOG UP WITH MORE Z14 PHOTOS!!!
    http://www.zenyatta.com/news/princess-zs-first-days
  • LeeLee Member
    What a beauty she is!
    edited April 2014
    FINALLY! NEW PHOTOS OF Z14!...
    PRETTY PRINCESS!!

Z14 Next to Majestic Mama Zenyatta!
  • tanzatanza Member
    She is a beauty.... and is her Mom.... you can tell that being a broodmare certainly agrees with her!
  • Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Seeing her next to Zenyatta, it's hard to imagine she even fit in there. LOL And Zenyatta didn't even look all that big. Life is Sweet was bigger looking. Zenyatta just carries her foals so well.
  • I swear just when you think the next foal couldn't be any better than the one before. BAM, Z14 is born. If the repeat breeding rumors are true I wouldn't be surprised after seeing these pics today if she went back to War Front. That little girl is built like a tank. What a shoulder and rear end!
  • Strong sturdy looking legs too!
  • I know we all love our boys (Zenyatta's boys) but this little girl is so darn cute (as they all and were when newbies and still are). I know Anne is just eating her up. I couldn't go back to Cali and leave this little spitfire back east. I'd have to park a camper up on Lane's End Farm so I could see them both all the time. JMO...that's what I'd be doing....hehehe. I have got to say one thing.....Zenyatta looks to love being a mom and broodmare. I know one day she'll make 'Broodmare of the Year'. She looks just as excited as we all do when she foals...Zenny has always been so smart to the humans that she probably realizes by now that the trip to the barn and the few minutes with a stallion is going to bring her a precious foal....I think she's figured it out!!! She is just as excited as we all are.
  • Looks like someone curled her mane with a curling iron before she "struck" her pose. I wonder if 'Z's PRINCESS' realizes she's not just a foal...she's a celebrity!!
  • KalarKalar Member
    Does anyone know if the first two had curly manes? I don't recall them having it, but my 'recall' doesn't mean much these days. I tried to find pics, but alas....
  • No they didnt have curly manes
  • KalarKalar Member
    Thanks, Rachel. I didn't think so. I feel like I would remember that. :) Princess Z is so dadburn adorable with that curly mane. She's like the Shirley Temple of thoroughbreds. heh heh
  • She is a great looking well balanced foal! Love the idea she will remain a blood bay.
  • KalarKalar Member
    I swear just when you think the next foal couldn't be any better than the one before. BAM, Z14 is born. If the repeat breeding rumors are true I wouldn't be surprised after seeing these pics today if she went back to War Front. That little girl is built like a tank. What a shoulder and rear end!
    I share your sentiments. :)
  • Here are Cozmic and Ziconic's manes as a foal:
    Cozmic One:
    Ziconic:
    Z14's luxurious mane!
  • That is one super fine looking Filly. She is so well put together already too. Maybe that cross should be repeated?? I love the Colts "Z" has had but this Filly is really something special. Not to take anything away from Coz or Ziconic at all. Her babies just keep getting better it seems! Beautiful Filly.
  • KalarKalar Member
    Thanks, PG! Looks like Coz got the straight, Zi the wavy, and PZ14 the curly. :D
  • KalarKalar Member
    Can someone point me to the post that tells the weight of Coz and Zi at birth? I can't find it.
  • Poor Coz, all his siblings so far got pretty blazes and socks, and all he got was a tiny star and a little bit of white on one hoof, lol.

I'm joining in the chorus saying Z14 is gorgeous, cause she is. My first thought at the new photos was 'look at the muscle on that baby!' She definitely put it together for her princess
  • KalarKalar Member
    edited April 2014
    I think we covered that the lil Princess has a coronet on her left rear leg. It just occurred to me, how appropriate is that for a Princess?? :D
    "Definition of CORONET

1 a small or lesser crown usually signifying a rank below that of a sovereign. (Zenyatta is the sovereign...the Queen. :) )

2 a wreath or band for the head usually for wear by women on formal occasions.

3 the lower part of a horse's pastern where the horn terminates in skin — see horse illustration". http://www.theequinest.com/colors/markings/legs/

edited April 2014
    Kalar...
    Here's ZenyattaRules1121's posting from the other thread regarding the weights of Coz and Zi compared to Z14...found in Voting for Z's Next Boyfriend!
    For those who havent seen the new pictures of 14Z check them out she is so CUTE!!!!!!!!! Also i looked back in the forum all the way back to March 2012 when she had Cozy and lets just compare this. Coz is a dark bay colt out of Bernardini with a star and small amount of white on his legs he was born March 8, 2012 and weighed in at 130lbs the lightest out of the siblings but now is huge.

I then went to the forum to April 2013 when she had Ziconic. Zic is a chestnut colt out of Tapit with a blaze and three socks he was born April 1, 2013 which was also Zenyatta's 9th birthday and weighed in at 145lbs at the time he was the heaviest out of him and Coz and is also I think huge for being only yearling.

And now this year in the forum we April 2014 when she had the Princess. Princess is a bay filly out of War Front with a blaze and one hind leg sock born April 20, 2014 which was Easter and she weighed in at 151lbs which is 21lbs heavier than her big brother Cozmic One and 6lbs heavier than her other big brother Ziconic.

My point is this Zenyatta is a huge mare which means that her foals could have the chance of being huge horses as well which is already proven with Cozmic One and Ziconic who is not done growing but male horses are usually taller and heavier than the females anyways in my opinion with Zenyatta being 17.2 hands and being taller than the males I have a feeling that with Princess Z being that big at birth we might be seeing another huge female racehorse which is very uncommon which would be very cool especially since she might have the same stride as her mom and speed of her mom which would also be very cool.