As The Clubhouse Turns: 2014 Derby Presented by Yuck! Brands . . .

Comments

• BTW, who is taking care of the foals while they are all running around at the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands? I heard Bertha had Mr Front's first chestnut baby, and everyone on Bertha.com were completely abuzz. They actually stopped posting in Mare Stare to talk about it and the site crashed twenty times in an hour. ;-)
  • Good one! Don't tell Rachel there's a Bertha . com before there was a Rachel . com. There would be problems.
  • Good one! Don't tell Rachel there's a Bertha . com before there was a Rachel . com. There would be problems.
    Yes, especially since Bernie borrowed the money from Zenyatta to host it. His goal is to have a website for every one of his foals. Wonder if Mable knows?

• markinsacmarkinsac Member
    edited April 2014
    Website for every one of his foals? OMG!
  • Website for every one of his foals? OMG!
    You know Bernie, go big or go home!

• Hey, is he breeding down under in Australia? You know, double duty?

• Hey, is he breeding down under in Australia? You know, double duty?
    I think he is. Maybe someday the gang will have some international guests?

• Yeah, something to think about. Bernie's such a cad.
  • Yeah, something to think about. Bernie's such a cad.
    Right, he tries to make Curly look bad, but Bernie's the true ladies man...... I'm surprised Lonhro and his son Denman didn't say for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands. But you might not want all those guys to tangle.....

• Curlin may be a ladies man no more.
  • Buy him a new dress! With matching accessories! Great story Mark, but I'm with the other girls- don't know if I can stand the suspense til after the Derby. Just a hint, please? They didn't "fix" Curlin did they?
  • The final chapter all depends on who really wins the Derby. I left a lot of avenues open for different endings. So even I don't know how it will end.
  • I actually never intended it to run on so long. Originally it was supposed to be short and funny. But when Rachel and Bertha looked under the hood, it took off in a different direction.
  • The final chapter all depends on who really wins the Derby. I left a lot of avenues open for different endings. So even I don't know how it will end.

You've done great so far -- I'm glad you made it long! You have a talent! :-) Thank you so much for keeping us entertained! :-)

BTW, what is Verti doing drinking? Last I checked she hadn't foaled yet. Or is she trying to hide it? I noticed Tapit wasn't up in the Mansion, and like Mr/Mrs Front, he's a hot ticket these days.
  • Give me your idea of what Tapit's personality should be. Make him quirky and perhaps he'll be in the next one. Rachel's due to throw a party soon.
  • Give me your idea of what Tapit's personality should be. Make him quirky and perhaps he'll be in the next one. Rachel's due to throw a party soon.
    Hmmm, I thought you had had him on before. Wasn't he kind of a wise guy with Rachel? Not goofy like Curly or suave like Bernie. Rather sarcastic? Maybe I am thinking of someone else. I will have to think. And yes, Rachel should have a party for the Preakness. They all can't go to Pimlico.

edited April 2014
    True, zenny will have to stay back with her foal, but the mother in laws can come and keep an eye on the cads.
  • WAR FRONT/HAVRE DE GRACE: Tapit! I've been looking everywhere for you! These drunk studs are all over me! Help!

TAPIT: Front? Is that you, you fruit?! Get your ruffled rump over here and I'll handle this. But this is the LAST time! I can't believe mares pay you more than me. I just don't get it.

• For the purposes of your story, I know it's more funny to make Mabel and Verti middle aged, but since the real Verti is still being a mommy it would be quite funny if an aged Verti that no one knew was pregnant accidentally dropped a foal at at Rachel's party.
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    edited April 2014
    MABEL: Finally, Verti! You were in the mare's room so long I thought you had fallen in! Watching these boys is not easy, hurry up and help me. We agreed to team up to help the girls.

VERTI (eyes shifting): Wellll, after the debacle at the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands I don't think anything could top that.

MABEL: Huh! Would you look at that! Is it just me or is that pony awfully small?!

VERTI (eyes shifting faster): Mable, I think you need glasses..........

• hahahahaha omg that would be awful
  • Ooops, just checked and Front and Tapit have the same stud fee. But you get the idea......
    edited April 2014
    Very good sarinne! I think u should try to do a story on your own, see what u can come up with.

I just start typing, sometimes with no general plan. The story takes on a life of its own.
  • LOL I was having a little fun with the "characters". Thanks for letting me borrow them, markinsac. hahaha
  • Very good sarinne! I think u should try to do a story on your own, see what u can come up with.

I just start typing, sometimes with no general plan. The story takes on a life of its own.
    Thanks, markinsac -- that's a very nice compliment. Maybe by next year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands I'll have something. Until then I'll try to enjoy yours without interrupting too much. ;-)