Who Do You Think Will Win The 2014 Kentucky Derby?

Okay we are going to do a little vote I am going to post the list of 20 horses that are locked in the Kentucky Derby you have four votes for the rounds so if you want to vote for more than just one horse then you can. here how it works you say what horses get your votes and then i will look at the votes and then the horse (horses) with the least amount of votes will be taken off for round 2 and we repeat the process there is also a save vote that you can use near the end of the vote i will post the current vote standings for that round and if you want to use your save vote on a Derby contender that horse will advance to the next round. So lets begin. I saw this kind of thing in another forum that was really really fun to do and that people had fun doing so instead of this being for Zenyatta we might of have fun picking what horse we think will win the Derby next Saturday. Here are the top 20 contenders
1.California Chrome
2.Vicar's In Trouble
3.Dance With Fate
4.Wicked Strong
5.Samraat
6.Danza
7.Hoppertunity
8.Intense Holiday
9.Wildcat Red
10.We Miss Artie
11.Ride On Curlin
12.Chitu
13.Tapiture
14.Ring Weekend
15.General A Rod
16.Medal Count
17.Candy Boy
18.Uncle Sigh
19.Vinceremos
20.Harry's Holiday

Comments

• For me...
    Tapiture
    CA Chrome
    Ride On Curlin
  • i kind of changed the format do you want to use the votes on them?
  • ZR, as you know, I like contests, but your rules are a bit complicated. I don't quite understand.
  • ZR, as you know, I like contests, but your rules are a bit complicated. I don't quite understand.
    Let me make the rules a little bit more clear to you and then i will edit the whole rule thing.
    Okay so I looked up the 20 horses that are at this moment in the Kentucky Derby with the points that they have so pretty much you have four votes for round 1. You vote for the horse or horses that you want. The thing is you cant give the same horse more than 2 votes so lets say I want to vote for California Chrome i can only give him 2 of the four votes in the first round then you can either save the other two votes for a different round or vote for another horse in the top 20. You have a save that you can use on a horse that doesnt have any votes at the end when i post the final votes for round 1 any horses that are not saved or do not have any votes are eliminated and then round 2 starts
  • Cali chrome
  • KalarKalar Member
    Too many unknown factors at this point. Post position, weather.
  • True but u could still vote it's just an opinion vote
  • Nothing is certain in the Triple Crown. Which is why I have no favorites.
  • KalarKalar Member
    California Chrome
    Ride on Curlin
    Danza
    Chitu
    No particular order and still unsure. ;)
  • 1.samrrat
    2.danza
    3.vicars in trouble
    4.dance with fate
  • CC to win. Hoppertunity to place.
  • Win-California Chrome
    Place-Samraat
    Show-Wicked Strong
    4th- Tapiture
  • They should come up with a name for 4th place... How about.... "arrive"?
  • How bout Also Ran?
  • Either Wildcat Red or Wicked Strong one and two, then Hoppertunity third, with Cali Chrome a reasonable fourth (I think he'll have trouble with the large field) but Ride on Curlin may give him a race for it.
  • They should come up with a name for 4th place... How about.... "arrive"?
    How bout Also Ran?
    Or..."In the Money"

• Nothing is certain in the Triple Crown. Which is why I have no favorites.
    once again this is just something to do for fun it has nothing to do with the triple crown it is just like the voting for Zenyatta's next boyfriend vote that sierra did but with the derby horses
  • i just want to make sure that the rules are obvious
    this is a thing were you vote for what horse you think will win the Derby its for fun you get four votes for round one no more than 2 votes for the same horse and once round 1 is done all of you have a save vote which can be used on a horse that has less than 5 votes or for horses that have no votes at all and they will move on to the second round if a horse has less than 5 votes and a save is not used on them then they do not advance to the second round
  • Here are the point standings for round 1 right now please let me know if this is right if not let me know
    1. California Chrome (7)
    2. Ride On Curlin (4)
    3. Tapiture, Danza, Samraat, Wicked Strong, Hoppertunity (2)
    4. Chitu, Vicar's In Trouble, Dance With Fate, Wildcat Red, Candy Boy (1)
    HORSES WITH NO VOTES
    INTENSE HOLIDAY, WE MISS ARTIE, RING WEEKEND, GENERAL A ROD, MEDAL COUNT, UNCLE SIGH, VINCEREMOS, & HARRY'S HOLIDAY

just to let you know my three votes go to California Chrome, Ride On Curlin, and Candy Boy i still have one left
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    round one....hope I am not too late...
    Vicars in Trouble, Medal Count, Samraat, and Hoppertunity
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    round one:
    Uncle Sigh
    We Miss Artie
    Wicked Strong
    Dance With Fate
  • KalarKalar Member
    They should come up with a name for 4th place... How about.... "arrive"?
    LOL!! How about "also-ran". *snerk*
  • California Crown
    General A Rod
    Chitu
    Ride on Curlin
    That is the order

• Intense Holiday
    Danza
    Candy Boy
    California Chrome
  • The voting for round one will be over at 12:00 tonight and here is alittle change to the voting if a horse has no votes and is not save then they will not make it to the 2 round
    Here are the standings
    1. California Chrome (9)
    2. Ride On Curlin (5)
    3. Samraat, Hoppertunity, Wicked Strong (3)
    4. Vicars In Trouble, Dance In Fate, Chitu, Danza, Candy Boy (2)
    5. Medal Count, Uncle Sigh, We Miss Artie, Intense Holiday, General A Rod
    Horses with no votes
    RING WEEKEND, VINCEREMOS, & HARRY'S HOLIDAY