Who's your pick to win the Kentucky Derby?

Okay guys. It's the Thursday before, let's hear those picks! This is not a voting thread like ZR's.

I''ll be rooting for Chrome to get the job done, but my pick to win is INTENSE HOLIDAY!

Comments

• KylKyl Member
    Wicked Strong or California Chrome...maybe Medal Count after the post position draw...Ride on Curlin is my favorite but I'm not sure if he can beat the above three...I also like Intense Holiday and I like Commanding Curve as a long shot...I'll decide on my final pick to win Saturday morning. In the mean time it is between those 6.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    edited May 2014
    I am going with D's boy......Medal Count
    ......and the little underdog....Vicars in Trouble
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    I'm totally with you on Intense Holiday! Have been since the beginning. I'll throw in Danza and Vicar's In Trouble just for grins.
  • haha thank you for making this not like mine hahaha totally joking haha.
    my pick is very obvious if anyone doesnt know yet then you must of been missing my posts my pick for the win is of course..... CALIFORNIA CHROME. My second pick is Ride On Curlin to finish on the board along with Candy Boy or Wicked Strong
  • speaking of my vote please send me your round 4 vote to me in a private message please see my forum with the horses that you can vote on then send me your ONE vote thank you
  • I really like Intense Holiday but in the last 3 gallop videos of his I've watched he crossfires at least once around the track for 4-6 strides, so obviously that problem isn't fixed.
    I'm going with California Chrome for the win, Samraat then Candy Boy. I think Ride On Curlin will end up 5th or higher though!
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    I'm going with CC. My 2nd pick was Hoppertunity. But now that he's gone, I have to go with Wicked Strong.
  • kurtkurt Member
    as a fan, i want CC, but i have a really nice payday coming if MEDAL COUNT wins. I usually take a home run payday swing on the derby and do a 7 horse tri box, this year its looking like CC,MEDAL COUNT,CANDY BOY,DANZA,INTENSE HOLIDAY,WICKED STRONG and i had hoppertunity but with him out, my 7 slot is a game time decision..al that being said, since the thread is pick the winner, im on MEDAL COUNT
  • LyndaKLyndaK Member
    Cali to win, Ride on Curlin to hit the board. Also sticking with either Samraat or Uncle Sigh or Victors in Charge to also hit the board.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Victors in Trouble*
  • LyndaKLyndaK Member
    Ps....sleepers are WC Red and Commanding Curve to be in top 4.
  • LyndaKLyndaK Member
    Sorry...Vickers in Trouble. Thanks for correcting me.
  • Taking the big longshot with Commanding Curve, but I'll be thrilled if he hits the board!
  • Samrrat
  • Tomorrow is the big day! Need help making your picks for the Kentucky Derby? Check out my in-depth field analysis for tomorrow's big race now on Horse Racing Nation:

http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/grandstand/2014_Kentucky_Derby_Field_Analysis_123
  • KayJayKayJay Member
    Well, I've read EVERYTHING anybody and everybody has writen about tomorrow's Derby. Blood Horse has this energy chart about who is on the improve and who is receeding. Everybody sees something different in all the works but how much do they really mean? The horses that worked lights out
    last year, didn't show up. Right now, this is who looks good to me:
    California Chrome
    Samraat (I have always felt good about him)
    Wicked Strong
    Intense Holiday
  • Well, I've read EVERYTHING anybody and everybody has writen about tomorrow's Derby. Blood Horse has this energy chart about who is on the improve and who is receeding. Everybody sees something different in all the works but how much do they really mean? The horses that worked lights out
    last year, didn't show up. Right now, this is who looks good to me:
    California Chrome
    Samraat (I have always felt good about him)
    Wicked Strong
    Intense Holiday
    When i was at the track i saw all of these horses during their workouts plus Ride On Curlin, Candy Boy, Tapiture, and Hoppertunity but anyways California Chrome looked and still does look like the best horse to beat which he is and then i thought Samraat, Ride On Curlin looked great. Wicked Strong though got distracted during a few of his workouts by the people and everything so that is what worries me about him