Stallions at stud

Okay so this is a forum with updates about new Stallions that will be standing at Stud for 2015 or current stallions that are already standing at stud. Here are some of the stallions that i know for sure will be standing at stud for 2015 or are new for 2014 (2013 for some horses) I am not sure if there is already one like this
Orb: Claiborne Farm 2014
Shanghai Bobby: 2014 Coolmore Farm
Declaration Of War: 2014 Coolmore Farm Ireland
Bullet Train: 2014 Crestwood Farm
O'Prado Again: 2014 Darby Dan Farm
Morning Line: 2014 Lanes End Farm
Union Rags: 2013 Lanes End Farm
The Factor: 2013 Lanes End Farm
Alternation: 2014 Pine Oak Stud
Bodemeister: 2013 Win Star Farm
Gemologist: 2013 Win Star Farm
Overanalyze: 2014 Win Star Farm
Paynter: 2014 Win Star Farm
Take Charge Indy: 2014 Win Star Farm
Will Take Charge: 2015 Three Chimneys
Caleb's Posse: 2013 Three Chimneys
Ice Box: 2013 Three Chimneys
Fort Larned: 2014 Adena Springs
Mucho Macho Man: 2015 Adena Springs
Astrology: 2013 Taylor Made Stallions
Eskendereya: 2011 Taylor Made Stallions
Graydar: 2014 Taylor Made Stallions
Northern Afleet: 2014 Taylor Made Stallions
anyothers that i missed (i know that there are alot that i probably missed)

Comments

• Oh yeah i totally forgot about I'll Have Another & Hansen standing at stud as well for 2013
  • Received the Ashford Stud Breeder's Handbook yesterday. I looked at Shanghai Bobby and thought WOW, he's beautiful Then noticed Vancouver, now I thought him interesting. Twitter @ Sid Fernando re: Vancouver: "Medaglia d'Oro's Vancouver to Ashford may be the most suitable and exciting reverse shuttle to North America from Australia. No Mr. P, Storm Cat, or AP Indy. Those lines will be perfect, and they are abundant".

I have a question: Would you breed to a mare with Mr.P, Storm Cat, AP Indy in her family, or go with a mare with none of those stallions in her family?
  • Are you thinking from the stallion owner's point of view?
    Usually, the female's people decide how THEY want to go.
  • bigherbie said:

Received the Ashford Stud Breeder's Handbook yesterday. I looked at Shanghai Bobby and thought WOW, he's beautiful Then noticed Vancouver, now I thought him interesting. Twitter @ Sid Fernando re: Vancouver: "Medaglia d'Oro's Vancouver to Ashford may be the most suitable and exciting reverse shuttle to North America from Australia. No Mr. P, Storm Cat, or AP Indy. Those lines will be perfect, and they are abundant".

I have a question: Would you breed to a mare with Mr.P, Storm Cat, AP Indy in her family, or go with a mare with none of those stallions in her family?

It would depend what you want from the resulting foal but it looks like they are marketing him as a viable outcross to mares with exactly those stallions in their lines. Breeders would probably look back at what stallions cross well with Danehill and Danzig, as they are on the dam line. Also you're doubled up on Northern Dancer and have a splash of Roberto.

Basically this is the same sort of pedigree that makes Jess's Dream an exciting stallion prospect. He's a dirt American bred who is free of Storm Cat and AP Indy and only 1 instance of Mr. P.
  • bigherbiebigherbie Member
    edited December 2016
    edit