Shared Belief

Comments

• Shared Belief is running July 5th in the Los Alamitos Derby. He will be ridden by Mike Smith. He is trained by Jerry Hollendorfer and owned by Jungle Racing LLC, KMN Racing LLC and Jerry Hollendorfer.
  • edited July 2014
    Shared Belief takes the Los Al Derby with ease. Shared Belief....amazing, undefeated and who knows, maybe being knocked off the Triple Crown trail was the best thing that ever happened to this horse. Fresh as a daisy and setting up nicely for the BC Classic. I am hopeful this marvelous gelding will be around a long time and at the top of his game for years. The next Kelso, Forego, John Henry....why not?

Candy Boy....unlucky to be born in the same year as Shared Belief and California Chrome. What an "I'll give you my best every time" racer. You gotta admire Candy Boy too. He keeps on turning in respectable seconds to Shared Belief and California Chrome.
  • Just watched the race on my DVR. SB looked great.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Shared Belief: Domination in the Los Alamitos Derby
    Zipse at the Track in Horse Racing Nation July 05, 2014
    And so the legend of Shared Belief grows.
    Questions asked: How will the champion juvenile of 2013 handle his first try on dirt? Can a simple allowance sprint at Golden Gate really be enough to have Shared Belief ready to handle graded stakes winners going two turns? Can the undefeated colt continue to dominate like he did at two, now well into his three-year-old season? Questions answered: Yes, it appears so, and boy did he ever. Using the Grade 2, $500,000 Los Alamitos Derby as his own personal equine playground, Shared Belief romped home the easiest kind of winner Saturday at Los Alamitos.
    http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/zatt/Shared_Belief_Domination_in_the_Los_Alamitos_Derby_123

From the article:
    All doors are now wide open for the impressive champion, including a sizeable bonus that began today. As the winner of the Los Alamitos Derby, Shared Belief is now eligible for a cool million dollar cherry if he can go on to victories in the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic August 24 at Del Mar and
    the $5 million Breeders’ Cup Classic November 1 at Santa Anita.
  • KetaKeta Member
    2014 Los Alamitos Derby (RACE REPLAY VIDEO)
    Published on Jul 5, 2014 Horse Racing

• RachelRachel Member
    I gotta watch it again....just got to lol
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited July 2014
    Debate ensues

http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/Toasting/Champion_3_Year_Old_Male_Its_a_Conversation_Again_123

Lets now look at the career of Shared Belief:

2014 Los Al Derby (won)
    2013 Cashcall Futurity (won)
    2013 Hollywood Prevue (won)

Other races he won were his Maiden race and an Allowance (the race he came back from after his layoff due to foot ailments). Shared Belief has a win streak of 5 in a row. In my opinion he doesnt light a candle to Chrome's accomplishments, but the way he wins his races is much like that of Chrome.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Chrome has 4 grade I wins.....no other male close to that...
  • RachelRachel Member
    nope, i will now do the career of Shared Belief.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Shared Belief's next race will be the Pacific Classic at Del Mar
  • KetaKeta Member
    Pacific Classic Next Stop for Shared Belief
    By Jack Shinar The Blood=Horse July 6, 2014
    Having passed his first stakes test of 2014 with flying colors, juvenile champion Shared Belief is ready for his next challenge against older horses in the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I), trainer Jerry Hollendorfer indicated July 6.
    Later in article:
    In the Pacific Classic at Del Mar Aug. 24, Shared Belief would be back on a synthetic track, over which he is 4-for-4 in his career. The 1 1/4-mile Polytrack event is likely to draw a number of tough older horses including Game On Dude, the 2013 Pacific Classic winner, and Majestic Harbor, winner of the recent Gold Cup at Santa Anita (gr. I). California Chrome, the dual classic winner this spring, is also a possibility.
    Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/86034/pacific-classic-next-stop-for-shared-belief#ixzz36kM6sdCI

• Shared Belief (William Hill: N/A, Finley: 20-1): He's definitely playing a big-time game of catch-up, but let's not forget that this is a very talented horse who many thought early on was the horse to beat in the Kentucky Derby. With a win in something like the Haskell or Travers he'll be right back in the picture.
  • Shared Belief schooling at Los Al before the Los Al Derby. He is so beautiful.

• Shared Belief was bred by Pam and Martin Wygod who are also the breeders of the Candy Ride filly Sugar Shock who won this year’s Fantasy Stakes. I think the Wygod’s must appreciate Candy Ride.

Sugar Shock was consigned by her breeders to the 2012 Keeneland September yearling sale where she sold for only $20,000. And Shared Belief was purchased privately by his current owners and trainer Jerry Hollendorfer from Pam and Marty Wygod. The sale was made shortly after he debuted, for the Wygod's, with a seven-length win over maidens Oct. 19 at Golden Gate Fields.

As of 2009, they’ve had horses in training with John Shirreffs. Ah, if only they had sent Shared Belief to John before his first race.
  • From Horse Racing Radio Network facebook: Sherman - @SharedBelief and @CalChrome have very similar running styles. The two wouldn't meet up until the @BreedersCup Classic.
  • SHARED BELIEF
    (Last week No. 4) Last year’s 2-year-old champion recently added the Los Alamitos Derby – his first start on dirt – to his list of dominant performances. He would probably be favored in the Travers if he traveled east, but trainer Jerry Hollendorfer plans to keep him in California to face older horses in the Aug. 24 Pacific Classic before a possible match with California Chrome in the Awesome Again. It will be difficult to unseat “Chrome” in the 3-year-old division, but he can’t be counted out just yet.
  • From Shared Belief facebook: I went 5 furlongs in 1:01:60 1/10 this morning,best of 10!
    ‪#‎ShareTheBelief‬
  • Jay Privman ‏@DRFPrivman · 2h
    Martin Garcia worked Game On Dude, will ride him in Paci Classic, per Baffert, who said Mike Smith informed him he had chosen Shared Belief

• After an off-the-board finish by Palace Malice in the Whitney Stakes (gr. I) Aug. 2 at Saratoga Race Course and an unsettled handicap division on the West Coast, the Classic could be ripe for one of this year’s 3-year-olds. Leading the way at this point in terms of Classic possibilities are California Chrome, Belmont winner Tonalist, William Hill Haskell Invitational Stakes (gr. I) winner Bayern, last year’s champion 2-year-old male Shared Belief, and Jim Dandy Stakes (gr. II) winner Wicked Strong.

Any of those top 3-year-olds or perhaps a party crasher will try to become the 10th 3-year-old to win the Breeders’ Cup Classic, which will return to Santa Anita Park this season. California Chrome and Tonalist will try to join Sunday Silence, Unbridled, A.P. Indy, and Curlin as the only U.S. classic winners to take the Breeders’ Cup Classic in their 3-year-old season.

When Tiznow won the Classic in 2000, he was the seventh 3-year-old to win the race since its 1984 debut, but just two sophomores have won the race since then. Since 2001, the only U.S.-based 3-year-old to win the Classic is Curlin in 2007. European-based Raven’s Pass won the Classic in 2008 at age 3.