Comments

• Wow, she is stunning!
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited May 2014
    I think you better repost the photo again, the link appears to have been broken. If you used a webhosting site, then try to repost your photo. If you didn't and got it directly from the source, you might want to review Kylea's discussion on Hot Linking which is a legal No-No. Sorry if I was angry in my reply to her but I don't appreciate being reprimanded openly for trying out a new icon in the layout that was not properly clarified...I'm afraid with that IMAGE icon in the posting window...there's going to be a lot of accidental hot-linking going on...a problem waiting to happen. Kylea will provide a review on what hot-linking is in her future rules for posting photos. .:o(
    OK...checked your link formula and you only have a broken link from ImageShack...this is not a hot-linked photo.
  • edited May 2014
    Thanks PG....it did show up in my Preview, but at the same time I thought "this doesn't look right".

• Steve Young, agent, signed for the very next horse through the ring, a colt by War Front--Wildlife Festival, by Seeking the Gold consigned by Hartley/De Renzo Thoroughbreds.

Selling as Hip No. 14, the colt, bred in Kentucky by G. Watts Humphrey Jr., was a $190,000 RNA at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s March sale. Hartley/De Renzo Thoroughbreds bought the colt as a yearling for $100,000 out of the Lane's End consignment at the Keeneland September sale.

"He's by one of the best sires in the world," said Young of the colt who drilled an eighth of a mile in :10 1/5 at the under tack preview. "I liked this horse in March when I saw him. He's had a really good two months. Basically, I think he is twice the horse he was in March. He trained great. He stuck out like a sore thumb."

• War Dancer is running May 24th in the Louisville Handicap. He will be ridden by Alan Garcia. He is trained by Kenneth McPeek and owned by Magdalena Racing and Diamond M Stables.
  • War Dancer is running May 24th in the Louisville Handicap. He will be ridden by Alan Garcia. He is trained by Kenneth McPeek and owned by Magdalena Racing and Diamond M Stables.
    http://www.churchilldowns.com/news/archive/war-dancer-starting-high-weight-saturdays-77th-louisville-handicap
  • KetaKeta Member
    War Front takeover spreads to Australia
    By Bloodstock World Staff 11:33AM 27 MAY 2014
    AUSTRALIA will be home to two sons of War Front this season after it was announced dual Grade 1 winner The Factor will shuttle from the US to Newgate Farm in New South Wales.
    The Lane's End Stud resident will be joined in Australia by Queen Anne Stakes hero Declaration Of War, who will stand at Coolmore's southern hemisphere base in the Hunter Valley.
    The Factor, who was trained by Bob Baffert to win the Grade 1 Pat O'Brien Stakes and Malibu Stakes, both over seven furlongs, retired to Lane's End in 2013
    for a fee of $15,000. His first crop of foals arrived this season.
    http://bloodstock.racingpost.com/news/bloodstock/war-front-takeover-spreads-to-australia/1664388/top/
  • KetaKeta Member
    Newgate Farm ‏‏tweet Tues. May 27 2014
    Thrilled to bring The Factor to Australia.
    Speed, good looks, and the fastest son of War Front #speedisking

• RachelRachel Member
    I love The Factor, he has turned out great. I hope War Front will become a sire of sires. Factor's foals have been looking amazing, they might end up just being sprinters or medium distance to a mile but they look good.
  • RachelRachel Member
    the Front sons are going down under!

DRFBreeding @DRFBreeding
    The Factor, Declaration of War to shuttle to Australia http://bit.ly/1tL9KvS
  • Crafty Dreamer is running May 31st in the Commentator Handicap. He will be ridden by Rajiv Maragh. He is trained by James Iselin and owned by Robert Kaufman and James Iselin.
  • Spanish Amanda is racing June 6th in a 5 furlong maiden special weight on turf at Belmont. She will be ridden by Javier Castellano. She is trained by Todd Pletcher and owned by James Scatuorchio.
  • Souper Colossal is running June 7th in a 4 1/2 furlong maiden special weight at Monmouth Park. He will be ridden by Paco Lopez. He is trained by Edward Plesa Jr. and owned by Live Oak Plantation.
  • Lindy is running June 14th in the Astoria Stakes at Belmont. She will be ridden by Mario Pino. She is trained by Wesley Ward and owned by Wesley Ward and Kent Spellman.
  • Departing is running June 14th in the Stephen Foster Handicap. He will be ridden by Robby Albarado. He is trained by Albert Stall Jr and owned by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider.
  • Jack Milton is running June 14th in the Shoemaker Mile Stakes. He will be ridden by Javier Castellano. He is trained by Todd Pletcher and owned by Gary Barber.
  • Summer Front is running June 14th in the Shoemaker Mile Stakes. He will be ridden by Joe Bravo. He is trained by Christophe Clement. and owned by Waterford Stable.
  • Departing, a 4-year-old War Pass gelding, is owned by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider, who teamed to win the 2010 Stephen Foster with the 4-year-old Blame, who would return to Churchill Downs later that year to hand eventual Horse of the Year Zenyatta her only career loss in the Breeders’ Cup Classic. Trained by Al Stall Jr., who also conditioned Blame, Departing tuned up for the Foster with a stylish victory in a one-mile Kentucky Derby Week allowance race at Churchill Downs.

The 3-year-old campaign for Departing was highlighted by wins in three Derbies – the Illinois Derby (GIII), the West Virginia Derby (GII) and the Super Derby (GII). He won five of seven races in 2013, with the only disappointments being a sixth-place run in the Preakness (GI), where he finished sixth to Calumet Farm’s Oxbow in the second jewel of the Triple Crown, and a fourth-place finish behind Broadway Empire as a heavy favorite in the $400,000 Oklahoma Derby (GIII) on Sept. 29. That was the last start of the season for Departing, who traveled to Claiborne Farm in Paris, Ky. after that race for a long rest on the farm and returned to training with Stall’s stable at Fair Grounds in New Orleans earlier in the year.

“I was very happy with that first race,” Stall said. “I thought he ran well and had a little adversity, which should help him for this race. We’re ready and we’re excited.”

Departing brings a record of 7-0-1 in 10 races into the Stephen Foster and has earned $1,438,300. Robby Albarado, who rode three consecutive Stephen Foster winners from 2007-2009 to tie retired Hall of Famer Pat Day for the lead in all-time victories in the race, will be aboard Departing. The Claiborne-Dilschneider colt will carry 118 pounds and will break from post six.

NOTE: His sire is War Front not War Pass.
  • The Shoemaker also features two East Coast shippers. Multiple graded stakes-winner Jack Milton flies in for Todd Pletcher, and he is the third choice on the morning line at 3-1. The son of War Front is a perfect 2-for-2 this season and most recently captured the Grade 3 Poker at Belmont Park in runaway fashion. Additionally, Summer Front ships in for the red-hot Christophe Clement and brings jockey Joe Bravo with him. A seven-time stakes winner, Summer Front captured the Grade 2 Fort Lauderdale at Gulfstream Park earlier this year, and was last seen running second in the Fort Marcy last month at Belmont.

• Beauty Sisters is running June 21st in a 6 furlong maiden special weight on turf at Belmont. She will be ridden by Jeffery Sanchez. She is trained by Wesley Ward and owned by Grupo Seven C Stable.
  • Spanish Armada is running June 21st in a 6 furlong maiden special weight on turf at Belmont. He will be ridden by Javier Castellano. He is trained by Tod Pletcher and owned by James Scatuorchio.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Ascot Racecourse Saturday June 21, 2014 Diamond Jubilee Stakes
    Ascot 4.25: 1st Slade Power (IRE) 7/2f, 2nd Due Diligence (USA) 5/1
    3rd Aljamaaheer (IRE) 4/1, 4th Music Master 16/1. 14 Ran.

Daily Racing Form ‏Saturday June 21, 2014
    Slade Power wins final G1 of #RoyalAscot 2014, taking Diamond Jubilee
    over KY-bred, Irish-based Due Diligence (War Front)