War Front

Comments

• 2014 September Yearling Sale: HIP 228 (War Front- Score):
  • Hip 680 - War Front progeny are in demand, and Claiborne Farm offers his son from the Arch mare Gold Vault. He’s a half brother to Contested, who won the Acorn (gr. I) and Test (gr. I) Stakes in 2012, along with the grade III Eight Belles. His dam is a half sister to dual grade I winner Pomeroy .
  • He sold for $2.2 Million, new sales topper for the whole sale so far
    Hip 680 - War Front progeny are in demand, and Claiborne Farm offers his son from the Arch mare Gold Vault. He’s a half brother to Contested, who won the Acorn (gr. I) and Test (gr. I) Stakes in 2012, along with the grade III Eight Belles. His dam is a half sister to dual grade I winner Pomeroy .
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited September 2014
    2014 September Yearling Sale: HIP 680 (War Front - Gold Vault):
    edited September 2014
    Front is running September 14th in the Ashley T. Cole Stakes. He will be ridden by Rajiv Maragh. He is trained by James Jerkins and owned by Dragon Squared LLC.
  • Jack Milton is running September 14th in the Ricoh Woodbine Mile Stakes. He will be ridden by Javier Castellano. He is trained by Todd Pletcher and owned by Gary Barber.
  • Pat Cummings ‏@DubaiRaceNight 1m
    Giovanni Boldini won listed race in Sweden against some Dubai World Cup Carnival grads today for new connections (h/t @philipedwards3)
  • Battle Axe is running September 18th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going one mile on turf at Belmont. She will be ridden by Luis Saez. She is trained by Gary Contessa and owned by Wounded Warrior Stables.
  • Dubai Racing Club ‏@DRC_Meydan 2m
    Giovanni Boldini (USA) wins at Taby the Listed Tattersalls Nickels Minneslopning (Oliver Wilson-Bettina Andersen) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BxjIw_gCcAA9CUl.jpg
  • SOUPER COLOSSAL (War Front - Soaring Emotions, by Kingmambo) Race record: 3-3-0-0 ($117,000) Trainer: Edward Plesa, Jr. Owner: Live Oak Plantation Breeder: Moyglare Stud Auction: FTSAUG13 $350k

Pedigree: Souper Colossal has a speed over stamina pedigree. His G-2 winning dirt sprint sire is a son of Danzig, who is noted for getting winners over dirt and turf. War Front is also a talented sire who gets a strong 20% turf winners. Souper Colossal and his second dam, the stakes placed turf miler LUMINOUS BEAUTY own the only blacktype in two generations. His third dam is the French Group 1 heroine CAERLINA. Her daughters bore a variety of international stakes winners. So far, Souper Colossal has been just that as a dirt sprinter. With Kingmambo as his damsire and A.P. Indy as his second damsire, Souper Colossal could potentially handle classic distances. War Front has sired two stakes winners at 1 ¼ miles.

Outlook: Based at Monmouth Park, Souper Colossal won his maiden in early June. A couple of months later, the talented speedster won the five furlong Tyro Stakes in :57.75 despite stumbling at the start. Just 28 days later, Souper Colossal put away a field of six colts in the one mile Sapling. The untested colt has a number of options. He could contest the Champagne Stakes or head to Keeneland for the Futurity. Could he be the surprise Champion Two Year Old?
  • Take Cover is running September 20th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 6 1/2 furlongs at Belmont. He will be ridden by Junior Alvarado. He is trained by Bill Mott and owned by Padua Stables.
  • Fire Away is running September 20th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 1 1/16th miles on turf. He will be ridden by Jose Ortiz. he is Shug McGaughey and owned by Phipps Stable.
  • Bashart is running September 20th in the Kent Stakes. He will be ridden by Joshua Navarro. He is trained by Micheal Matz. and owned by Rosedown Racing.
    edited September 2014
    No Fighting is running September 25th in a maiden special weight for 2 year old fillies going 1 1/16th mile on turf at Laurel Park. She will be ridden by Trevor McCarthy. Graham Motion and owned by Pin Oak Stud.
  • Departing is running September 27th in the Homecoming Classic Stakes. He will be ridden by Robby Albarado. He is trained by Al Stall Jr. and owned by Claiborne Farm and Adele Dilschneider.
  • Battlefront is running September 27th in the Jefferson Cup Stakes. He will be ridden by Robby Albarado. He is trained by Ben Colebrook and owned by Joseph Allen.
  • Hesinfront is running September 27th in the Jefferson Cup Stakes. He will be ridden by Miguel Mena. He is trained by Dale Romans and owned by Frank Jones Jr.
  • Peace and War is running September 3rd in the Darley Alcibiades Stakes for 2 year old fillies going 1 1/16th miles at Keeneland. She will be ridden by Julien Leparoux. She is trained by Olly Stevens and owned by Qatar Racing.
  • Console is running October 4th in the Woodford Stakes. He will be ridden by Rosie Napravnik. He is trained by Mike Maker and owned by Sky Chai Stable.
  • Theatre Star is running October 4th in the Swingtime Stakes. She will be ridden by Drayden Van Dyke. She is trained by Tom Proctor and owned by Glen Hill Farm.
  • Peace and War - UK Invader Upsets the Field in the Alcibiades
    tvgnetwork Published on Oct 3, 2014
    Qatar Racing's Peace and War won her United States and dirt debut at Keeneland to take the $400,000 Darley Alcibiades (gr. I) with an explosive kick to punch her ticket to the Nov. 1 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I).

• Peace and War takes Alcibiades at Keeneland
    Jennie Rees The Courier-Journal October 3 2014
    (by the Claiborne Farm stallion War Front out of a Smart Strike mare)
    http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/2014/10/03/peace-war-takes-alcibiades-keeneland/16677347/
  • Peace and War takes Alcibiades at Keeneland
    Jennie Rees The Courier-Journal October 3 2014
    (by the Claiborne Farm stallion War Front out of a Smart Strike mare)
    http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/horses/2014/10/03/peace-war-takes-alcibiades-keeneland/16677347/

Keta, every time we see a successful youngster by War Front, especially a filly, it just heightens our hope for Z Princess, doesn't it.