The Lanes End Stallions & Mares

This is a forum that we can talk about the stallions that are currently standing or that will be standing at Lanes End Farm and of course talk about the mares that are standing at Lanes End Farm as well. The pairings with any mares for the stallions is also welcomed and pairings with the mares with any stallions is also welcomed
STALLIONS
Candy Ride: Ride The Rails-Candy Girl
City Zip: Carson City-Baby Zip
Curlin: Smart Strike-Sherriff's Deputy
Discreetly Mine: Mineshaft-Pretty Discreet
English Channel: Smart Strike-Belva
Langfuhr: Danzig-Sweet Briar
Lemon Drop Kid: Kingmambo-Charming Lassie
Mineshaft: A.P. Indy-Prospectors Delite
Morning Line: Tiznow-Indian Snow
Pleasantly Perfect: Pleasant Colony-Regal State
Quality Road: Elusive Quality-Kobla
Shakespeare: Theatrical-Lady Shirl
Smart Strike: Mr. Prospector-Classy n' Smart
Stephen Got Even: A.P. Indy-Immerse
The Factor: War Front-Greyciousness
Twirling Candy: Candy Ride-House Of Danzing
Union Rags: Dixie Union-Tempo
MARES
Zenyatta: Street Cry-Vertigineux
Pirate Queen: Unbridled's Song-Be Gentle
Life Is Sweet: Storm Cat-Sweet Life
Tasty Temptation: Medaglia D'Oro-Parisia

Comments

• Just a reminder that Lane's End is a commercial operation, so they don't necessarily own the horses kept there. I think they may own at least a piece of the studs, but not the mares (i.e. Zenyatta).
  • the mares still live there
  • RachelRachel Member
    some mares are only boarded there meaning they will be there for the pregnancy but leave after the foal is born
  • i know this was just a forum for the stallions and some of the mares that i have personally seen there
  • RIP Kingmambo
    DRF Breeding . Jan. 20 2016
    Influential sire Kingmambo (Mr. Prospector x Miesque) has been euthanized at age 26 @LanesEndFarms d/t infirmities of old age.
    horseracinghl ‏Jan. 20 2016
    Kingmambo stood his entire career at Lane's End Farm and was pensioned from stud duty in 2010. He will be buried at Lane's End.
  • Discreetly Mine has been sold to stand at Norman Fox's Hara Lacala in Uruguay.
  • Lanes End Texas has closed, with relocation of its stallions and has planned dispersal of some of its stock.
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/213591/lanes-end-texas-closes-stallions-relocate
  • WezzieWezzie Member
    Wondering where the majority of mares will end up...
  • Kentucky? Or boarding at Valor Farm, likely.
  • Wezzie said:

Wondering where the majority of mares will end up...

Most of the mares were boarders.
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    They'll be running some of the mares, weanlings and yearlings through a mixed sale the end of August.
  • KMMKMM Member
    I would think many of these mares may not be caliber for Kentucky stallions; most may be sold off that are owned by Parish. IMO of course.
  • I was thinking that, too. Either that, or they were chosen for these particular stallions and may not match well with the KY stallions.