Lucky Pulpit - Sire of California Chrome

Comments

• I hope I'm wrong, but from what I have read, etc., it doesn't seem that "Junior" is US syndicate material. I believe he will be leaving on a jet plane, and not with Peter, Paul and Mary.
    I hope your wrong too, lol. Sure would like to see him stay in the US for stud but I have a gut feeling you may be right on this.
  • I'm sure Harris farms will make every effort to keep chrome.John Harris has already offered quite a lot for a 51 percent partnership. I'm confident he'd go more. Chrome has already meant more to the horse division then any single horse and dap has a relationship with them

• California could sure use him... IF they'd be willing to pay a decent stud fee. But I don't see breeders elsewhere shipping mares to him. The best business deal for DAP will be out of the country.
  • California Chrome vs. Shared Belief | San Antonio Showdown Promo:
  • Will California Chrome or Shared Belief Win? | San Antonio Inside Track:
  • Hoppertunity may be a factor.
  • California could sure use him... IF they'd be willing to pay a decent stud fee. But I don't see breeders elsewhere shipping mares to him. The best business deal for DAP will be out of the country.
    Just for sh..ts and giggles...how much do you think an outside the country interest would pay.
    25, maybe 35...
  • Shared Belief won latest matchup but is gelding and cannot pass genes along.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    edited February 2015
    Shared Belief won latest matchup but is gelding and cannot pass genes along.
    I think I saw somewhere that his mommy has been "bought back" from turkey and is coming home...if true...bet she gets another date with Candy Ride
  • Its true, i posted that. I was thinking the same thing, i hope it is the case.
    Shared Belief won latest matchup but is gelding and cannot pass genes along.

I think I saw somewhere that his mommy has been "bought back" from turkey and is coming home...if true...bet she gets another date with Candy Ride
  • Shared Belief, California Chrome, and Dortmund Goes TVG 360 | Feb. 7th, 2015:
  • Woodman's Luck is running February 28th in the Maxxam Gold Cup Stakes. he will be ridden by David Cabrera. He is trained by Randy Mayfield and owned by Jeffery Kass.
  • My goodness, havent seen him in the news since closing day at Hollywood Park.

I have his winning ticket from that day, given to me by He Who Shall Not Be Named
  • Pulmarack is running March 7th in the San Felipe Stakes. He will be ridden by Drayden Van Dyke. He is trained by Jerry Hollendorfer and owned by Mr. & Mrs. Larry Williams.
  • KMMKMM Member
    How are Lucky Pulpit's other offspring faring?
  • Rousing Sermon is running March 28th in the Tokyo City Cup Stakes. He will be ridden by Rafael Bejarano. He is trained by Jerry Hollendorfer and owned by Mr. and Mrs. Larry Williams.
  • Rousing Sermon is running March 29th in the Santana Mile Stakes. He will be ridden by Rafael Bejarano. He is trained by Jerry Hollendorfer and owned by Mr. and Mrs. Larry Williams.
  • Tribal Express is running April 4th in the Evening Jewel Stakes. She will be ridden by Alonso Quinonez. She is trained by Steve Knapp and owned by Albert & Kathleen Mattivi LLC.
  • KMMKMM Member
    How did these LP progeny do?
  • Rousing Sermon and Tribal Express both came in 5th.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Does he have stakes winners or SP besides CC. I guess I can look it up on his stallion page. K
  • His top current performer obviously is CC. Then there is Pulmarack who finished 2nd this year in the non-graded California Cup Derby and that's it for stakes horses so far this year. Rousing Sermon is still racing and a stakes winner, but hasn't hit the board this year. Lucky Pulpit has three other non-graded stakes winners in Luckarack, Floating Feather and Gatheratthealter.

His stud fee jumped from $2,500 to $10,000 and he probably is receiving his best book of mares this year, but unless a few more nice stakes quality horses show up this year or next I don't know how Harris Farms is going to maintain that $10,000 fee. If indeed this is his best book of mares the resulting foals won't start until 2018 or 2019. In the racehorse world if there is nothing of substance between 2015 - 2018, it will be a hard sell to maintain that $10,000 on the coattails of Chrome.
  • Rousing Sermon is running May 2nd in the Precisionist Stakes. He will be ridden by Corey Nakatani. He is trained by Jerry Hollendorfer and owned by Mr. and Mrs. Larry Williams.