Lucky Pulpit - Sire of California Chrome

Comments

• Lucky Larry is running June 3rd in the I.T.A. Sophomore Stakes. He will be ridden by Matthew Werner- Hagerty. He is trained by Dru Hall and owned by Darren Carraway.
  • This filly is out of a mare that probably has the best racing record of any mare bred to Lucky Pulpit. I realize one mare isn't a barometer, but I'm "watching" her to see what Lucky can do when bred to a mare with a good race record.

Halo Darlin (2-Year-Old Filly)

Your comments for this horse were: Out of good stakes winning mare

Date: June 20, 2015
    Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
    Distance: Three Furlongs
    Time: 37:00 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • KMMKMM Member
    Good way to monitor LP and see if indeed has the right stuff. :)
  • edited September 2015
    Promising Debut winner for Lucky!

Halo Darlin finished 1st by 5 lengths, on September 2, 2015, at DEL MAR in Race 4. Off odds: 11.80
    This filly is out of a mare that probably has the best racing record of any mare bred to Lucky Pulpit. I realize one mare isn't a barometer, but I'm "watching" her to see what Lucky can do when bred to a mare with a good race record.

Halo Darlin (2-Year-Old Filly)

Date: June 20, 2015
    Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
    Distance: Three Furlongs
    Time: 37:00 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • Oh boy... you got my interest. I saw somewhere Halo Darlin was running, cant remember where, but thats great. Happy for her and LP. I am going to look up all the connections and conditions. I`d like to know if she has a run in her.
    Thanks for the heads up.
  • Nice!
  • Any updates on CC?
  • Lucky Pulpit's superstar son is looking good --- link below is a pic of him out for a romp in his paddock at Taylor Made Farm. He sure looks beautiful --- healthy and full of himself!
    https://www.facebook.com/taylormadeadvantage/photos/a.175433689159093.31775.105549292814200/908634209172367/?ty
  • Good news! He looks good and relaxed.
  • Oh, this makes me so happy! I have been concerned about him.
  • Mesquite Dancer a 2 year old daughter by Lucky Pulpit just won the Barretts Debutante Stales at Los Alamitos.
  • Yeah for Lucky, another stakes winner.
    Mesquite Dancer a 2 year old daughter by Lucky Pulpit just won the Barretts Debutante Stales at Los Alamitos.
  • I don't know where you got your information...she was scratched. Just Google Me won that race.
  • I don't know where you got your information...she was scratched. Just Google Me won that race.
    Yes i saw that my equibase app must've been wrong
  • It's a shame, I wanted to see her run. He needs winners!
  • Ok, that explains why I couldn't find any information, and I was wondering why Harris Farms wasn't posting any news on the win. Drats, that's disappointing
  • I sure do hope this filly can give Lucky his first Grade 1 winner since Chrome.

Lucky Pulpit filly Halo Darlin is entered on September 26, 2015 at SANTA ANITA PARK.

Chandelier S. - Grade: 1
    Race: 8 - 4:00 PM

STAKES Chandelier S. - Grade: 1

Purse: $ 300,000. For Fillies, Two Years Old. One And One Sixteenth Miles.
  • 2016 stallion fee reduced from $10,000 to $7,500.
  • KMMKMM Member
    edited November 2015
    Did LC get bumped up to S10,000 stud fee because of CC's accomplishments?
  • Yes, was $2,500. Went to $10,000 for 2015, slipped to $7,500 for 2016. LP hasn't had a significant runner since Chrome. Obviously, the $10,000 wasn’t something they could sustain for 2016. One would think his best book of mares was from 2015 and those foals arrive next year and don't race until 2018. Unless a few new stakes winners appear before 2017 I don't think they will be able to get even $7,500 in 2017. Time well tell.
  • I agree. Was trying to expand conclusions from above. K
  • Just to add to this, I was watching the Bartlett sales and all the Lucky Pulpit babies were pulled from sales. It makes me wonder why.
    I noticed that Lucky's stud fee had slipped when I went by to see if there had been any new notable runners by him. I didn't see anything....but Hope hasn't started again yet, and I think she's gonna be a winner.
  • Hmmm, that is interesting. I wonder what that was about.
    Just to add to this, I was watching the Bartlett sales and all the Lucky Pulpit babies were pulled from sales. It makes me wonder why.
    I noticed that Lucky's stud fee had slipped when I went by to see if there had been any new notable runners by him. I didn't see anything....but Hope hasn't started again yet, and I think she's gonna be a winner.
  • Lucky Pulpit son Rousing Sermon to Rancho San Miguel in 2016

His stud fee will be $2,000.

"Rousing Sermon was a horse with heart and determination to compete and win in the upper levels of racing," said Clay Murdock, manager of Rancho San Miguel. "He is an attractive and balanced horse with a beautiful stride. We are expecting a load of inquires due to the overwhelming success his sire line has shown and the fact that Rousing Sermon had the quality to sprint and route."

I love LP "one success", Chrome, but one outstanding horse is not an overwhelming success for a stallion..IMO.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/96175/rousing-sermon-to-rancho-san-miguel-in-2016
  • @Especially_Horses I don't know why the babies were pulled. I was very curious to see how much they would sell for. It was weird because they weren't owned by Harris Ranch, they had agents and reps and stuff.

As for Rousing Sermon, was he part of LP's first crop? Not too bad...He ran for years, and was the first KD runner for him. But...a point against him, is that he isn't standing back east. Might also speak to why LP's stud fee was lowered in 2016. You have LP and then you have a "Good" son, out of a more attractive damline coming in to stand in the state.

Just...my opinion. Not that I know much.