Lucky Pulpit - Sire of California Chrome

191011121315»

Comments

• I don't know if LP will ever sire another Chrome-like runner, but if only he had started siring a lot more like Rousing Sermon his stud fee of $10,000 would never have dropped, might have even merited an increase. But that's the rub...forget about another Chrome, I think the mare owners would be over joyed with a RS-like runner.

As far as RS's stud appeal, I think Rancho San Miguel is relying on some over-flow appeal from Chrome.

Thanks for adding to the conversation. Keeps things lively. Much appreciated.
    @Especially_Horses I

As for Rousing Sermon, was he part of LP's first crop? Not too bad...He ran for years, and was the first KD runner for him. But...a point against him, is that he isn't standing back east. Might also speak to why LP's stud fee was lowered in 2016. You have LP and then you have a "Good" son, out of a more attractive damline coming in to stand in the state.

Just...my opinion. Not that I know much.
  • He got bumped up to $10,000 because of CC.
  • Yes, got bumped to $10,000 because of CC. He didn't need to sire another CC to keep it at $10,000 but did need to show he could get consistently good runners like Rousing Sermon, which he has not done, thus he is on a downward spiral.
    He got bumped up to $10,000 because of CC.
  • Think he is not big time.:(
  • I have to agree. I can only hope that for whatever reason there is some "magic formula" with LTC and she gives LP another stakes winner. Hope's Love is showing potential and she wasn't even the filly they were initially excited about.
    Think he is not big time.:(
  • On the other hand, we just don't know about CC.
  • He has a different gene mix than his sire.
  • My suspicion is that LTC is going to end up a blue hen, doesn't matter who she's bred to.
  • Then pleasssseeee breed her to someone else. Would love to be surprised and find out she has been shipped to Kentucky for a breeding to another stallion.
    My suspicion is that LTC is going to end up a blue hen, doesn't matter who she's bred to.
  • Not sure what your point is on this comment. Is it that CC could be a better stallion than LP?
    On the other hand, we just don't know about CC.
  • Yep.
  • Well, for Taylor Made's sake I hope so. They have invested a lot in the hope that in addition to out performing his pedigree on the track, he proves he can do the same in the breeding shed. Does he have a lot fashionable ancestors in his background? Yes, but he is still going to need to make his own pedigree.
    Yep.
  • Ismelucky Wins Barretts Debutante

https://harrisfarms.com/ismelucky-wins-barretts-debutante/

Overcoming trouble at the start and traffic trouble along the way, Ismelucky, a 2-year-old Lucky Pulpit filly out of the Tribal Rule mare Ismene, rallied along the rail to overtake 14-1 shot Shaken Memories near the wire.
  • Lucky Pulpit had a Maiden Two Year Old Cal Bred Winner at Del Mar when Hardboot hung on to break his maiden today at Del Mar.
  • After being away for about six months, Saudi Chroma has been back on the work tab since December 2017. She was sent to the farm after her only start, a winning debut on May 25, 2017. I am very much looking forward to her three year old debut in 2018.

1/6/2018
    Dirt
    5F
    1:00.80
    Handily from gate
    12/71

Photos: Doug O'Neill Stable