Lucky Pulpit - Sire of California Chrome

Comments

• Theres a picture on his facebook where that is blatantly obvious lol
    LOL....and he made it known as well on Derby Day as he was leaving the saddling stall.
  • RachelRachel Member
    lol yup, haha he is THE man
  • Lol!
  • lol yup, haha he is THE man
    And now the same thing happened at the Preakness. If that's what he needs to do to win the Belmont...bring it on, LOL.
  • Harris Farms has updated Lucky's stallion page:

LUCKY PULPIT has sired:

CALIFORNIA CHROME, 8 wins, 2 to 3, 2014, $3,452,650, Kentucky Derby G1, Preakness S. G1, Santa Anita Derby G1, San Felipe S. G2, California Cup Derby, Graduation S.

http://www.harrisfarms.com/index.php/stallions/lucky-pulpit
  • RachelRachel Member
    did his fee go up any? haha hes the sire of a derby and preakness winner now
  • Ironically, don't think Secretariat or AP Indy sired a derby winner. Now here they have one in a great grandson/grandson. Now here a triple crown contender to boot. Gosh, isn't life grand?
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    did his fee go up any? haha hes the sire of a derby and preakness winner now
    Lucky Pulpit's fee was $2500....then showed as $10,000....now reads "private"...same thing happened to Flower Alley's fee after IHA's wins..another interesting thing is.....CC's owners were offered $6mil for him and $1mil for his mom after the derby....wonder what will be offered now?
  • Ironically, don't think Secretariat or AP Indy sired a derby winner. Now here they have one in a great grandson/grandson. Now here a triple crown contender to boot. Gosh, isn't life grand?
    Neither sired a Derby winner, but they have figured in the pedigrees of several, as well as in the pedigrees of winners of the other two classics. Secretariat's son Risen Star did win both the Preakness and the Belmont. A.P. Indy himself won the Belmont He sired Preakness winner Bernardini and Belmont winner Rags to Riches.
  • Yea I know. Watched Risen Star's Belmont live. Could've cried when the announcer yelled "he look like his daddy". AP Indy was the bomb. But prior to this years TC races, they played up the hype of Honor Code. That it would be the last chance ever for AP Indy to get a derby winner.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited May 2014
    i was rooting for Honor Code, its a shame he got injured :( would of liked to see AP Indy get a shot at the Derby. now hell never get that chance. but his great great grandson got it for him lol (sire of Chrome is Lucky Pulpit, LP is by Pulpit, Pulpit by AP Indy)
  • It's all in the family
  • RachelRachel Member
    a funny story, when i was at Charlestown last month, an AP Indy son was the favorite....but a grandson of AP Indy won the race LOL
  • I was pulling for Honor Code as well, he's my fav and profile pic :) Still hope to see him back later this summer if he heals well. Once he got hurt, I was rooting for Commissioner but he looks to be a late bloomer...we'll see how the Belmont goes! It's amazing to see Indy's influence all over these TC races: a son, grandson, and 3 great-grandsons likely for the Belmont!

Also a crazy coincidence how much Storm Cat there is in the TC contenders this year, yet no Storm Cat descendent has ever won the Kentucky Derby. At least Indy has had grandsons and great-grandsons pull that off for him!
  • RachelRachel Member
    all in the family for sure lol
  • From California Chrome's (official) facebook: The Coburn's are very happy to announce that Love the Chase, dam of California Chrome, is in foal once again to Lucky Pulpit! Could lightening strike twice?!?!
  • It's funny that Numbered Account was 18 when she birthed Polish Numbers. The same age of Somethingroyal when she foaled Secretariat. The blood's there. The others just didn't look far enough back. So two DAP ended up with a priceless broodmare and now a Triple Crown contender. Love the picture of Chrome and his owner. That horse knows he's loved (and not just by us!).
  • KayJayKayJay Member
    Lucky Pulpit is now #2 on the Leading Sires List behind Tapit
    Congrats to Lucky Pulpit and his connections!!!!
  • He deserves it
  • RachelRachel Member
    wow....he was #9 2 weeks ago LOL
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited May 2014
    Gee...Lucky Pulpit's stud fee is not currently disclosed but does anyone know off hand through the underground network? I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the high 5 or 6 digits now!
  • RachelRachel Member
    As far as we know it was 10,000 before it went private
  • After 2014 Preakness, California Chrome and Ride On Curlin (VIDEO):
  • Gee...Lucky Pulpit's stud fee is not currently disclosed but does anyone know off hand through the underground network? I wouldn't be surprised if it's in the high 5 or 6 digits now!
    No way. One horse does not a stallion make, all by himself anyway. Besides, the people in North America who can afford six or even high-five figures keep their mares in Kentucky. The California market won't bear much more than $10K, if that.