Lucky Pulpit - Sire of California Chrome

Comments

• RachelRachel Member
    So why is it private now?
  • So why is it private now?
    Sometimes a "deal" is made for the right type of mare....could be one reason.
  • Here are three reasons, lol.

• RachelRachel Member
    edited May 2014
    Lmao

Picking the right mare would be a very good reason, hes a derby and preakness sire now. He needs the best of the best ;) and im sure Love The Chase said she wont have her man be bred to just any old mare LOL
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited May 2014
    You know, we have yet to see her 2013 filly. That one will be the next in line to race. I mean an updated pic of her
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Is he not Rousing Sermon's daddy too?
  • RachelRachel Member
    Oh and Unusual Heat is 20,000 at Harris Farm lol
  • Is he not Rousing Sermon's daddy too?
    Yes i think he is?
  • KayJayKayJay Member
    edited May 2014
    I think the reason the fee is private is; 1. His book is full for the year at $10,000 for the last half of the breeding season. He bred 124 mares this year, more than he has ever bred in a year. 2. I think they are waiting to see the out come of the Triple Crown to determine his fee for next year. Therefore, the fee is posted, "Private"
  • IHA's daddy's fee jumped the moment he won the Derby.
  • You know, we have yet to see her 2013 filly. That one will be the next in line to race. I mean an updated pic of her
    From what I've read they seem to be a bit more keen on the 2014 filly. But I really would hope to see an updated photo of the 2013 yearling.
  • They did say they felt the 2014 was "something special"
  • edited May 2014
    Someone made a comment about a half-sister to Love the Chase named So Ya Know. Apparently she collapsed on the track after returning to be unsaddled in her final start at Suffolk (9/18/2007). Hate to think of what conditions/and type of owner(s) she was subject to. I looked her up and was surprised to see that while she had a modest race record it was not that bad (15 starts, hit the board 11 times) and certainly now with the success of Love the Chase one can’t help but dream about a ‘what if’ scenario of breeding her also to Lucky Pulpit. What a crying shame. Poor, So Ya Know.

Always the dreamer I wish I could get my hands on one of those other half-sisters. She’d be booked to Lucky Pulpit faster than I can type ‘Lucky’ three times. And before anyone can stomp on my dreaming by pointing out the obvious, yes I know the odds of coming close to another CC are all but nil. But this is what horse breeders do – dream.

• RachelRachel Member
    Poor thing :(
  • KayJayKayJay Member
    Especially_Horses, How many sisters does Love the Chase have? Do you know?
  • Especially_Horses, How many sisters does Love the Chase have? Do you know?
    Chase the Punch - 2007 Mare
    Numbers Chase - 2009 Mare
    So Ya Know - 2002 Mare (deceased)
  • KayJayKayJay Member
    Sorry, I missed the bottom of the post with the sibilings list. Thank you. : )
  • Especially_Horses, How many sisters does Love the Chase have? Do you know?

Chase the Punch - 2007 Mare
    Numbers Chase - 2009 Mare
    So Ya Know - 2002 Mare (deceased)
    Or maybe send one of the half-sisters to Not for Love, the sire of Love the Chase. I'd be interested in knowing what the owners of those half-sisters are thinking concerning the famous connection their mares now have with a Triple Crown contender. If all of a sudden I found myself the owner of mare who was a half sister to Love the Chase I'd be "California Dreaming" for sure.

Not For Love (Mr. Prospector—Dance Number, by Northern Dancer), is a stakes-placed full brother to 1989 champion juvenile male Rhythm. While Rhythm flopped at stud, Not For Love led the Maryland sire list for nine consecutive seasons (2003-11). He is still active at Northview Stallion Station at an advertised fee of $15,000 and has sired 75 stakes winners.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/85079/a-pedigree-story-made-for-hollywood#ixzz32ZNzvAs8
  • California Chrome’s sire Lucky Pulpit, of course, is by the top-class sire Pulpit, who is a son of Belmont Stakes winner A.P. Indy, who is a son of Triple Crown winner Seattle Slew. Lucky Pulpit’s broodmare sire is Cozzene, one of the most versatile stallions of his time, who sired Breeders’ Cup Classic winner Alphabet Soup and Breeders’ Cup Turf winner Tikannen. Lucky Pulpit’s dam also traces to Prince Blessed, winner of the Hollywood Gold Cup and second in the 1 3/4-mile San Juan Capistrano. Prince Blessed is the sire of Ole Bob Bowers, who sired the great John Henry.

California Chrome’s broodmare sire, Not For Love, is a full-brother to Rhythm, who won the Travers Stakes for Ogden Phipps and was the champion 2-year-old, winning the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile.

California Chrome’s dam, Love the Chase, is inbred (Rasmussen Factor) 3x3 to the great Hall of Famer Numbered Account, a daughter of Hall of Famer and great classic and stamina influence Buckpasser.

Also in California Chrome’s female family is Sir Ivor, winner of the English Derby and Washington D.C. International; and the powerful stamina influence Vaguely Noble, who won the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe by three lengths.

So, there is an abundance of classic and stamina influences on both sides of California Chrome’s pedigree. Combined with his tactical speed, acceleration, and ability to settle behind any kind of pace, it makes him a perfect Belmont Stakes type, especially with his ability to work out a perfect trip for himself.

Read more on BloodHorse.com: http://cs.bloodhorse.com/blogs/horse-racing-steve-haskin/archive/2014/05/23/haskin-belmont-pedigrees-befuddling.aspx#ixzz32ZqewRAz
  • he has 2 full sisters ky oaks
  • RachelRachel Member
    With a 3rd on the way!
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited May 2014
    Lucky Logan is entered May 30th in a Maiden Special Weight for 2 year old California bred or sired colts going 4 1/2 furlongs on the dirt. He will be ridden by Edwin Maldonado. He is trained by Peter Miller and owned by Navarro or Rockingham Ranch.
  • Mike Welsch @DRFWelsch
    A little diversion for California Chrome this a.m, stands in gate, gallops only 1 1/4 miles, was a bit of a handful coming down stretch.