Lucky Pulpit - Sire of California Chrome

Comments

• California Chrome schools at the gate and gallops at Belmont Park May 30:
  • It is going to be sad day for California breeders if Lucky leaves the state. I hope that doesn't happen.
  • Where my chromie's at:
  • LOL. Song replaying in my head over and over.
  • Nottemptedbyevil is entered in a $40,000 maiden claiming 5 furlong race at Santa Anita. He will be ridden by Elvis Trujillo. He s trained by Doug O'Neill and owned by Robert, Cseplo, Neil and Keh
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited June 2014
    Go To The Alter is running June 6th in a 4 1/2 furlong maiden special weight for fillies at Golden Gate. She will be ridden by Frank Alvarado. She is trained by Steven Specht and owned by Mr and Mrs. Larry D. Williams.
  • Lucky Feelin is running June 6th in 4 1/2 furlong maiden special weight for fillies at Golden Gate. She will be ridden by Pedro Terrero. She is r=trained by Gil Matos and owned by M.A. Douzos and Sandra Matos.
  • California Chrome is running June 7th in the Belmont Stakes. He will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. He is trained by Art Sherman and owned by Steve Coburn and Perry Martin.
  • RachelRachel Member
    Victor Espinoza rode Lucky Pulpit once, finishing 3rd in the 2004 Oceanside Stakes
  • Rousing Sermon is running June 8th in the Crystal Water Stakes. He will be ridden by Elvis Trujillo. He is trained by Jerry Hollendorfer and owned by Mr & Mrs. Larry D. Williams.
  • California Chrome is running June 7th in the Belmont Stakes. He will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. He is trained by Art Sherman and owned by Steve Coburn and Perry Martin.
    and trying to become the 12th Triple Crown Winner.

and trying to become the 12th Triple Crown Winner.
    Harris Farms updated Lucky's stallion page very quickly after each of the first Crown victories. If Junior takes the third Crown I bet that page will be saying "Sire of Triple Crown winner California Chrome" in like a nano-second.
  • Harris Farms and their staff are SO proud of Jr! I loved that video they had of the staff watching one of the victories (can't remember if it was KD or Preakness).
  • Harris Farms and their staff are SO proud of Jr! I loved that video they had of the staff watching one of the victories (can't remember if it was KD or Preakness).
    How I hope we get to see them weeping for joy after the Belmont.
  • @Especially_Horses. you can count that his website would be updated in a nano second. What better advertisement for a stallion?
  • Belmont: California Chrome's run at history has hometown breathless: http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-california-chrome-love-20140606-story.html#page=1
  • Thanks for sharing this wonderful article about the TC excitement in a small blue collar community where California Chrome grew up in!
  • Superstitious or not, worked before Preakness so I gotta try it:
    As I continue my journey
    not tattered and worn
    I will be ready
    when they blow the Belmont (Matter)horn
    All the naysayers and critics
    they would poke and prod
    but if I'm on my a game
    i'll be showing the (General A) Rod
    When the gates fly open
    they'll weave, bob, and swerve
    and all will try and throw me
    a little (Commanding) Curve
    Don't get nervous
    and try to hide
    we'll all embark
    on this wonderful Ride (On Curlin)
    Medal Count? I've lost track
    but I won't be beaten by
    Matuszak
    My traniner, that little (Sam)raat
    by most counts, he's a seasoned petitioner
    but he'll be all smiles accepting
    the trophy from the NYRA (Commissioner)
    As I stand before you at the finish
    in wonderful bliss
    i'll thank my ancestors for making
    that elite A (Tona)list
    And when it's all over
    and everyone goes home
    they will never forget
    The Triple Crown bid
    of California Chrome
  • So the Belmont didn't work out like many of us had hoped. I'm not discouraged, though. Lucky Pulpit is a relatively young stallion with several progeny of racing note. And years from now they'll be picking through pedigrees and Lucky Pulpit's name will come up. California Chrome brought many racing fans together. He put the spotlight on California racing, his sire, and his dam. Still a win situation either way you look at it. Hope Lucky Pulpit is around for many more breeding seasons.
  • Pulpit's Express is running June 14th in the Shoemaker Mile Stakes. he will be ridden by Drayden Van Dyke. He is trained by John Sadler and owned by Gary or Cecil Barber.
  • ChromeMania: Belmont Stakes 146:
  • The ChromeMania vid...how crazy is all that?!?!? Bless those horses for keeping their collective 'cool' as best they could.
  • Chrome meets his dad Lucky Pulpit:

• RachelRachel Member
    Omg, thats priceless. And again....Chrome is totally unphased LOL