and the spirit to be free
grazing has its own value
time is limitless
and it will be taken
to breathe

Comments

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Do not forget the spa and those mud baths
  • Maybe even squeeze in time for fans? Who knows?
  • Crazy4ZCrazy4Z Member
    Maybe even squeeze in time for fans? Who knows?
    I like this idea!

• Zenyatta, this is the time to take up your diary again! I wonder what the chances of you and your beautiful babies taking a family picture? Team Z, will she ever see Cozmic One again?
  • KayJayKayJay Member
    The Moss' love for Z is all about her health and well being. A year off to be a free and happy horse in the field, visiting with friends, rolling in the grass and enjoying the sunshine. Three outstanding offspring.......she earned a vaccation. <3 <3
  • Wonderful news! I wonder who she will be pastured with? Other open mares I would guess. What a lovely time she will have; no doubt she will be the Alpha in the herd; a gentle ruler.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited May 2014
    I know we tossed this idea around and scared the heck out of some members...but...

Perhaps, during this time, they could obtain one of her eggs to be fertilized with the seeds of a Champion "Dressage" stallion like Totilas via "in-vitro" and inserted into a surrogate mare. This is done on a regular basis in the non-thoroughbred realm. This potential foal would be an excellent prospect for dressage...Zenyatta has the height and athletic talents. AND she already has the "Moves". Of course this horse could not be registed with the Jockey Club but could be registered in the Sport Horse Associations.

This is Totilas (formerly named Moorlands Totilas):

Of course I hope you all know this is only wishful thinking...No harm in dreaming. :oD
  • MKernMKern Member
    BEST NEWS OF THE DAY!!!! HOORAY
  • I like your poem, Especially_Horses. Well done and well said.
  • Sia4215Sia4215 Member
    I'm happy for her and glad that I'll have Coz to concentrate on to fill the void. Does anyone think he'll go to the Kentucky Derby next year?
  • RachelRachel Member
    i cant think that for zenyatta's foals. the mosses arent derby crazy people. and i dont think Coz is mature enough for that much less going to mature fast enough for that kind of race
  • RachelRachel Member
    we dont even know how hell run yet
  • RachelRachel Member
    and Coz probably wont go into Johns barn til later this year. theres no way in a snowballs chance hell be in next yrs derby if thats the case
  • Zenyatta, this is the time to take up your diary again! I wonder what the chances of you and your beautiful babies taking a family picture? Team Z, will she ever see Cozmic One again?
    Unfortunately, no one is giving Dottie a year off to ghost-write Z's diary, so don't expect it. Z sees Coz on Ann's phone, but it is unlikely she will ever see him in the flesh again. Their lives have gone in different directions.
  • Coz won't be eligible to run in the KD until he's three years old. He's got to gt a lot of experience running before he's ready for that.
  • Totilas is beautiful! So Black.
  • Since Zennie loves to be with her babies, perhaps when she's on vacation/sabbatical, she can be a "Mother Image" for the foals who just get weaned. I'm sure she'll make a good baby sitter too! I heard in some breeding farms that they leave a calm mare nearby in an adjoining field next to the weanlings to help ease their separation anxiety. Some will even have a calm mare within the paddock of weanlings. I remember seeing other foals standing next to Zenyatta when Coz was a baby. She has that magnetic personality indeed.

If not, then I hope she shares her pasture with her bff Life Is Sweet or perhaps a reunion with Tasty Temptation. if they aren't bred this year. :oD
  • I am definitely in the minority, but Totilas is not my favorite horse. Probably because I am more into the classic dressage horse rather than the "show" type. I also feel like he has never performed as well since they took him from Edward Gal. My dream would be an embryo transplant foal by Fuego. I think that the baroque combined with her height and athleticism could be spectacular.
  • nayrodnayrod Member
    These owners are wonderful and thanks for looking out for our gal!
  • KalarKalar Member
    Speaking of dressage, I'm a Valegro fan.
  • I'm grateful that Team Z is, as always, so watchful and careful with Zen. I'm sure she'll enjoy the relaxation!
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited May 2014
    FUEGO XII...SURE LOOKS LIKE A LIPPIZZANER OR AN ANDALUSIAN!

I didn't get a chance to check what breed Fuego is but he looks like the classical "Baroque" Lippizzaners that I got to see last month while in Vienna. Do you know how many hands tall he is? Handsome muscular horse!...love his photo doing the extended trot :oD
    By the way while visiting the Spanish Riding Academy I found out...you can actually purchase a purebred Lippizzaner that was not accepted into training for around 3,000 euros! Of course you have to train the horse yourself!
    I am definitely in the minority, but Totilas is not my favorite horse. Probably because I am more into the classic dressage horse rather than the "show" type. I also feel like he has never performed as well since they took him from Edward Gal. My dream would be an embryo transplant foal by Fuego. I think that the baroque combined with her height and athleticism could be spectacular.
  • Fuego is a PRE horse, which stands for Pura Raza Española, commonly known as Andalusian. Personally, I love both Totilas and Fuego and I have to say crossing Totilas with a thoroughbred could potentially make a great sport horse without any huge chance for a total flop, while crossing PREs with other breeds isn't a common way. I doubt there are any examples of even common warmbloods being bred to Fuego so crossing him with other breeds could give rather unexpected results. Not to mention Fuego has the typical extremely fiery temperament of his breed... That combined with racing blood would hardly be the best cocktail for a dressage horse.

As for Totilas. The fact that he has not performed since he was taken from Edward Gal has nothing to do with the horse losing its ability... The current rider isn't simply capable of bringing the best out of the horse. Totilas was trained brilliantly by Gal and fine tuned to his super sensitive riding style which the new rider is unwilling or uncapable of learning. The whole world has seen that Totilas simply isn't happy with the new rider. Anyway, Totilas has several potential offspring that move well but are not as exaggerated as Totilas himself. He sure would be an interesting match with a thoroughbred.

Just the two cents of an avid dressage fan. ;) This, I know something of, about racing much less. All the same, I love all horse sports, and tend to fall for extraordinary horse and follow their career whatever their discipline happens to be. I'm the kind of fan who wouldn't be here if it weren't for the legends from Secretariat to Zenyatta. Most dressage people would probably be horrified to even discuss the possibility of crossing dressage horses with champion race horses but I find the idea intriguing. Although it is most likely that such a cross could produce a first class eventing horse rather than a dressage horse.
  • KalarKalar Member
    Fuego XII GORGEOUS!
  • edited May 2014
    I adore Fuego!!!

I was working at the bus loading area at WEG in 2010 the evening of the dressage freestyle. Even though Toto won, all anyone could talk about was Fuego's test.

ITA about Edward Gal and Totilas. They had a strong bond. Gal was treated rather shabbily, I thought. He barely got to say goodbye to the horse he turned into a Grand Prix champion.