Is California Chrome the first triple crown winner in 36 years?

mooreharoldmooreharold Member
edited May 2014 in General Interest
good luck to California chrome

Comments

• cigarcigar Member
    I fervently hope he is.
  • I hope so, but not holding my breath.
  • KayJayKayJay Member
    I really hope so......
    This why Steve Coburn believes CC will be our next TC winner....... He told the story about how he dreamed of CC 3 weeks before he was born. Then CC was foal on Steve's sister's birthday (Feb. 18), she had died of cancer at the age of 36. It's been 36 years since there has been a TC winner. He said he always knew CC would win the Ky Derby, he never doubted it. Because of his dream.
  • Yes, he will win the Triple Crown.

Why Not (Kentucky Derby), Why Not (Preakness), Why Not (Belmont)
  • RachelRachel Member
    thet accomplished their dream, why not try for more
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    Someone has to beat CC for him to lose the TC. Who could do that other than possibly Untapable and she won't run against him in the TC.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Love CC.....a little worried about SI......but bigger threat later in yr....when Shared Belief comes back....
  • RachelRachel Member
    Eh, shared belief isnt going against him til possibly july in the Los Al Derby. I think is what it was
  • RachelRachel Member
    Tonalist i worry about in the Belmont
  • To answer the question & title of this thread, No, Calif Chrome is not a TC winner....yet.
    I HOPE he does win. He is such a cool horse and his story is one that brings joy to my heart. Go JR, Go!
  • To become a Triple Crown champion. A horse must have something within them that cannot be measured in any Beyer speed figure, track time, conformation, or any of that. All the Triple Crown winners had one thing in common, and that is ALL of them had something within them that other horses did not.... Something that gives them an extra edge. Because the Triple Crown isn't JUST a test, but for the horse and all involved with the horse.... The Derby is a Test of Courage, The Preakness is a Test of Character, and The Belmont is a Test of Perseverance. ONLY a horse who possesses all these qualities can win the Triple Crown. Does California Chrome possess all these qualities? The only way we'll find out is to see who crosses the wire first in the Preakness, and Belmont.
  • I sure hope so; he's the keeper of my hopes and dreams.
  • Yes, he will win the Triple Crown.

Why Not (Kentucky Derby), Why Not (Preakness), Why Not (Belmont)
  • well he already proven that he is Triple Crown material by winning the Derby & now the Preakness. The thing is i have seen preaknesses that when horses are pressured to early before hitting the top of the stretch and the horse that is pressured usually doesnt win some times they do but to me it looked like Chrome could of kept going a few furlongs longer
    Got to review....hand ride?....not sweaty...
    Now about those nasal strips!
  • RachelRachel Member
    yea belmont wont allow those
  • WezzieWezzie Member

Can they wear them in New York?

Can they wear them in New York?

They was big flap with IHA....no nasal strips allowed....do not think rules have changed
  • RachelRachel Member
    nope, its on thier banned list. they think it enhances performance. all it does is open the airway. much safer than lasix
  • nope, its on thier banned list. they think it enhances performance. all it does is open the airway. much safer than lasix
    So lasix is ok in NY but not a nasal strip?
    Its just rediculous....but NY cant back down..
  • KayJayKayJay Member
    I always did think "The Nasal Strip Ban" was one of the reasons Doug O'Neill said to hell with the Belmont. He just got sick of their nit-picky crap.
  • I figure Art Sherman already knows of the ban and will just not worry about it. As well as Chrome accepts stuff I think he will just accept not having nasal strips as just another day in racing Seems the only time he gets excited is obviously showing himself during saddling.
  • RachelRachel Member
    he trains without them so i dont think it will make a difference
  • RachelRachel Member
    nope, its on thier banned list. they think it enhances performance. all it does is open the airway. much safer than lasix

So lasix is ok in NY but not a nasal strip?
    thats the very same question on everyones minds when IHA was going to run