Ria Antonia

Comments

• RachelRachel Member
    i agree
  • John would be a perfect trainer for her and I would love to see that.
  • If Shirreffs trained her, she wouldn't have even run in ANY race yesterday. She's definitely off form and probably needs a rest.

• carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Do not think Amoss is the problem .....I repeat....owner is a headcase
  • I agree. Amoss was given a job to do just like the jockey. The owner is totally to blame on this one. However, I wonder if John would have even accepted the job. I heard Amoss say when he was approached, he said he would do it only if she looked and trained well and, apparently, she passed the test for him.
  • I hate headcases.
  • Anyone one else think that John Sherriffs should be her trainer? Atleast then we will know she is being treated right!
    That thought had entered my mind too. Someone would need to buy her first though. The owner obviously wouldn't mix well with the slow and patient training style of a John Sherriffs.
  • Any updated news on Ria?
  • RachelRachel Member
    Saw a video on HRTV where it showed Ria getting onto a van and is heading back to KY. So i guess that means she came out of the race in good order
  • well that's good. Hopefully she will get a nice rest and the owner will not send her back out for awhile.
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Who can tell....the owner is not thinking clearly ...
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    Am still not sure changing owners/trainers or anything else would help. It just seems to me that Ria A has soured on racing. Or maybe she just doesn't want to go long. She and Ebby seem to be in the same boat right now. The only things left to try are sprints and grass. Then I think both should go to the breeding shed.
  • heres the thing @slewpy both of them Ria A & Ebby have talent they have shown that. The races that Ria A & Ebby have been in are just distance races and maybe they cant handle the distances with the races they have been running in. In my opinion a few bad races DOESNT mean that they should go to the breeding shed. Ria A needs to have more than just a 2 week rest she needs longer. As with Ebby she was coming off of a respiratory infection so that wasnt her fault. Maybe they should just try sprints with Ebby and then turf with Ria A
  • jhon or linda would be a good trainer for this horse plus a nice year layoff
  • The thing is it didn't have to come to this. Greedy owner.
  • Does anyone know what's going on with Ria Antonia? I saw a tweet saying she had resumed training at Churchill and they had a link to DRF, but apparently you have to pay now for all articles so I couldn't read it. Doesn't sound like she had much of a rest.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited May 2014
    I havent seen anything for Ria, DRF p's me off anymore. I just look at tweets on there now, cuz thats all i have access to x.X put her in a virtual stable if u can, i will
  • Ria Antonia needs new owners - ASAP.
    Mares are definitely important - How about the lady who bought Havre de Grace & Plum Pretty? Ria Antonia would be a great addition for her.
  • RachelRachel Member
    indeed, but keep in mind...just cuz shes having works doesnt mean shes going into a race real soon. they are keeping her fit

unless i am misjudging her owner
  • five-furlong move in 1:00 by Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies (GI) winner Ria Antonia, 10th in her most recent start against males in the Preakness (GI);
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    edited June 2014
    Ria Antonia needs new owners - ASAP.
    Mares are definitely important - How about the lady who bought Havre de Grace & Plum Pretty? Ria Antonia would be a great addition for her.
    Ria Antonia is not in the same class as Mandy Pope's broodmare band, to be honest.

She's a nice filly but she has not won a graded stakes under her own power, so to speak. She got the BC Juvenile fillies on a DQ and the only other race she's won is a Maiden Special Weight.

Her owners got blinded by that DQ win in the BC and think they have more horse than they do and they keep pushing this poor filly into fields she has no business facing. A "drop in class" doesn't have to be an ignominious mark against a horse and it would put her up against rivals she has a genuine chance to put away.
  • KetaKeta Member
    edited June 2014
    Marcus Hersh ‏Daily Racing Form· Jun 20 2014
    Majority owner Ron Paolucci reports Ria Antonia will start next
    in the June 28 Iowa Oaks.

horseracinghl ‏· Jun 20
    Ria to Iowa Oaks RT @LooochRacing To Iowa we go!!
    Never raced at Prairie Meadows,
    Ria Antonia to the Iowa Oaks with Julian leparoux!
  • RachelRachel Member
    she tried her darn hardest that day, she would of gotten beaten by a nose or head if not for the DQ. i think that was the best we've ever seen her run.
    Ria Antonia needs new owners - ASAP.

Ria Antonia is not in the same class as Mandy Pope's broodmare band, to be honest.

She's a nice filly but she has not won a graded stakes under her own power, so to speak. She got the BC Juvenile fillies on a DQ and the only other race she's won is a Maiden Special Weight.

Her owners got blinded by that DQ win in the BC and think they have more horse than they do and they keep pushing this poor filly into fields she has no business facing. A "drop in class" doesn't have to be an ignominious mark against a horse and it would put her up against rivals she has a genuine chance to put away.
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    She is a nice filly, as I said but she is not of the class of an Untapable or a HdG or a Plum Pretty.

This isn't a knock against her, not every horse is going to be that level. If Ria Antonia was run against horses of her class, at a grade III or allowance level, she'd be excelling and could probably put a nice grade II on her resume.

As it is, if her owners keep insisting on running her above her class they're going to break her desire to keep trying her darndest.
  • RachelRachel Member
    i think she needs a new owner, seriously. She is destined to race July 28th in the Iowa Oaks. We'll see how she does. i think shes already burnt out really, but in the beginning of the races she runs nice. its just the last half she falters