Ria Antonia

Comments

• Her owners got blinded by that DQ win in the BC and think they have more horse than they do and they keep pushing this poor filly into fields she has no business facing. A "drop in class" doesn't have to be an ignominious mark against a horse and it would put her up against rivals she has a genuine chance to put away. You got that right
  • Agree 100% Zenyen. I worry that her heart will push her to the point that she hurts herself trying.
  • Running Ria Antonia in the Preakness was a fool's journey. Paolucci and Amoss are the real "dumb ass" partners. Maybe Amoss felt he would lose the filly if not complying with the owner's wishes, which would be even a worse violation of putting the horse first. Write them both off, egotistical maniacs.
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    Think she has soured on racing. The only other thing to try my be a sprint or grass.
  • im glad she got a sense of relief in the iowa oaks
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2014
    im glad she got a sense of relief in the iowa oaks
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/85858/ria-antonia-gets-in-light-in-iowa-oaks

shes got Designer Legs to the inside of her and Sugar Shock on the outside (these fillies are the top names that popped out at me). Ria is post position 4 in a field of 8 other fillies. She is carrying 9lbs less than her other races at 112lbs. If she cant win this race....idk whats in store for her. I hope its a long rest to freshen her up
  • $200,000 Iowa Oaks (gr. III, Race 7, post time 9:11 p.m. EDT, 3YO Fillies, 1 1/16 miles)

PP, Horse, Jockey, Trainer

1. Awesome Jill (KY), R. Santana Jr., 115, M. Lovell

2. Designer Legs (LA), R.J. Albarado, 115, D. Stewart

3. Size (KY), J. Alvarado, 115, W. Mott

4. Ria Antonia (KY), J. Leparoux, 112, T. Amoss

5. Sugar Shock KY), C. Hill, 121, D. Anderson

6. Tiz Windy (KY), B. Hernandez Jr., 115, C. Nafzger

7. Thank You Mary Lou (VA), C. Velasquez, 118, M. Maker

8. Senior Prom (KY), C. Lanerie, 115, D. Romans

9. Dream Spinner (KY), J. Loveberry, 115, M. Raidt
  • Ria Antonia is running June 28th in the Iowa Oaks She will be ridden by Julien Leparoux. She is trained by Tom Amoss and owned by Looch Racing Stable Inc.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Greg Jones ‏‏Saturday June 28, 2014
    Ria Antoinia gets 2nd as she came flying in sloppy stretch, good race.
    Size wins, trained by Mott, just her 4th start.

threecoltshandicap ‏Saturday June 28, 2014
    Size wins the Iowa Oaks at 13-1! Ria Antonia ran well in 2nd.
    For all the BS she has gone through, I want the filly to run well for HER sake
  • RachelRachel Member
    maybe she likes the slop....i want to see that race replay so that i can post it here. ima try to find it, im glad she put in a really good effort
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    Rachel ....you can probably find the race on Bloodhorse...maybe...sometimes they do not post on the smaller tracks....have not been able to find my boy Rivers...aka Rivers Run Deep....last two races since they were at Belterra and for Ohio breds...which he won by 12 and 10 lengths respectively....I hope to see him back at Oaklawn in Jan
  • slewpyslewpy Member
    RA looked really good though and might have won if the race was longer. Wonder if she's coming back or if this is an aberration. Happy for her. Her first good showing in a long time.
  • I thought she was running really hard at the end there, too. She might have won a longer race. Hard to say.
  • Oh no, here we go again. I don't think she an beat the colts.
  • Does Ria fall under the racehorses at risk category or greedy owners corner?
  • RachelRachel Member
    Greedy owner corner...
  • RachelRachel Member
    She ran well in her last race though, and in the slop. Thats probably what her owner is looking at, it gave him hope :/
    Greedy and dumb.
    greedy owners for now but I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up on the horses at risk list...
  • Ria Antonia is running August 9th in the Monmouth Oaks. She will be ridden by Jacob Radosevich. She is trained by Tom Amoss and owned by Looch Racing Stable.
  • CraigJ ‏@Derbyologist 11s
    News alert @n_rogers53 Ria Antonia is 75/1 to win the BC Distaff - so get down soon on that bet!!
  • Ria Antonia was entered to race in the Locus Grove stakes at Churchill Downs today. She finished 4th. Churchill Downs results page has it all wrong, they have her down as finished last =/ It was a rough run down the stretch, i think she would of finished 3rd if not for the bumping going on infront of her causing her to slow down a bit.