Ria Antonia

1235»

Comments

• Did she have a foal last year? Does anyone have an update on her?

I'm not sure? She was sold to Japan for $1.8 million according to equibase. My guess is she was bred to Deep Impact?
  • @Especially_Horses Here's an update. Sorry it's over a year late. Colt out of Ria Antonia Tops Foal Session of JRHA Sale: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/228492/colt-out-of-ria-antonia-tops-foal-session-of-jrha-sale
  • I follow her too, @QueenZFan22 -- thank you!! :)
  • @QueenZFan22: Thank you! Loved getting this update.
  • Question for anyone: The photo shows him in the sales ring with his dam, so he is not weaned. Ria Antonia was not offered for sale, so what happens now? Does he go back to the farm with her? Surely he isn't going to be separated from her, under what I would consider less than desirable conditions. In the states, if a foal, under a year old, is offered, they come into the sales ring already weaned...right? Has anyone seen anything different?
  • It's a FOAL sale, right? Common sense says if he's not weaned he goes home with mama until he is, then his new owners say where he goes.
  • I didn’t realize it was a sale that had a foal session. I’m not familiar with foal sessions. When it comes to younger horses for sale my limited knowledge is only about Yearling and Weanling sales. A foal session seems rather unnecessary to me when breeders can wait a few months and sell their product as a weanling. Why go through all the expensive and risk of shipping both mare and foal to the sale for the purpose of only selling the foal? It seems there is a lot of added risk; possible injury to the foal, in some cases I imagine it is the foal’s first time being trailered, there has to be stress put on a foal in that situation and then after the sale you have to ship back home with mare and foal. I don’t get it. Common sense says, that if the breeder wants to sell the offspring early, wait until the horse is weaned and then it’s a one horse and one way trip for the breeder.
  • Ok, first, it's Japan.
    Second, the description in the post says
    Colt out of Ria Antonia Tops Foal Session of JRHA Sale: https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/228492/colt-out-of-ria-antonia-tops-foal-session-of-jrha-sale
    Third, I have no idea why TB people do more than half the stuff they do, negatives be damned. It's like they're all mini-Trumps.
  • Maybe they can get more money selling the foal with the dam available for inspection as well? Just a thought.
  • Debut race for 2 yr old Ria Amelia by Deep Impact (Sunday Silence) out of Ria Antonia

She is # 3

• WezzieWezzie Member
    Wow!
  • Yes, very impressive. Out of the gate she was really fighting the rider, head high. She looks like a Sunday Silence descendant.
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited June 3
    Here is a list of all her foals:

Ria Olivia (JPN) 2016 filly by Deep Impact (JPN) who is owned by Northern Racing (JPN).
    Ria Amelia (JPN) 2017 filly by Deep Impact (JPN) who is owned by Northern Racing (JPN).
    Unnamed 2018 colt by Deep Impact (JPN) unsure of who owns him since it's not listed on Equineline.
    No known foal for 2019.
  • Thanks. Deep Impact seems to be her guy. :)

Here is a list of all her foals:

Ria Olivia (JPN) 2016 filly by Deep Impact (JPN) who is owned by Northern Racing (JPN).
    Ria Amelia (JPN) 2017 filly by Deep Impact (JPN) who is owned by Northern Racing (JPN).
    Unnamed 2018 colt by by Deep Impact (JPN) unsure of who owns him since it's not listed on Equineline.
    No known foal for 2019.

• RachelRachel Member
    That's impressive, all in hand.
  • KMMKMM Member
    B) <3
  • ZenyenZenyen Member
    Horse #2 would also be one I'd watch develop. Lead all the way and hung on for 2nd (no one was catching Ria Amelia!!) not a bad performance for a 2 year old.