Personal Photos Of My Beloved Horses Past & Present

Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
edited May 2014 in Community & Creativity
THIS THREAD WAS CREATED SPECIALLY FOR THOSE THAT HAVE PERSONAL PHOTOS OF THEIR OWN HORSES THAT THEY WANT TO SHARE WITH THE FORUM.
PLEASE NOTE: Photos on this thread are from Forum members own photo collections and not obtained from the internet or websites.

Comments

• Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited May 2014
    These are personal photos from Kathleen95634 of her beloved Arabians:

This is Halawa Moniet. She is 26 this year, hard to believe. Her sire, El Bahim Halawa, and her dam was Tuhotmos' daughter. She was a champion in several disciplines, but was primarily shown in Dressage.

Kathleen's granddaughter on Halawa Moniet last month

Kathleen on Halawa Rajkumar (Shaklan Bey x Halawa Moniet)

Misimma Amira when Kathleen owned her. She was 21 and in foal.
    Taken at an open house at Kathleen's place in Ramona, CA
  • hey guys i am at work on my break on my phone and like i said before i cant get my pictures to load on here with my phone i will post pictures of my horses later.
    Nessie: gray Clydesdale mare, 26 years old, very first horse (passed away)
    Salma: gray Clydesdale mare, 17 years old, died of unknown causes
    Luke: bay Clydesdale stallion, 6 years old put down because of a leg injection
    Hopper: dark bay Clydesdale stallion, 31 years old (passed away)
    Tate: black Clydesdale mare, 21 years old (passed away)
    Diddo: roan Clydesdale gelding, 23 years old (passed away)
    Finch: chestnut Clydesdale gelding, 15 years old (passed away)
    Reece: white Clydesdale mare, 14 years old (passed away)
    Midnight Mystery (Midnight: black spotted blanket Friesian Appaloosa cross stallion, 12 years old
    Maple: Black Forest Horse mare, 6 years old
    Diablo: Friesian stallion, 8 years old
    Baby Come Back (Baby): palomino tobiano Gypsy Vanner filly, 2 years old
    Bolt: roan Quarter Horse gelding, 16 years old
    Trinity: black Hackney Horse mare, 15 years old
    Blossom: Clydesdale Shire cross mare
    Oreo: Clydesdale Shire Friesian Lippizaner cross colt
    Glitter: Knabstrupper mare
    Ivory: Knabstrupper Marwari filly
    Midnight Chrome (Chrome): black Thoroughbred colt (rescued from horse auction)
    Domino: black tobiano MIniature Horse filly
    Cinnamon Chrome (Cinnamon): chestnut Thoroughbred filly (rescued from horse auction)
  • kathleen95634kathleen95634 Member
    edited May 2014
    Thanks Paniolo.
    A very quick story. My granddaughter started riding Monie when she was just 18 months old. I bought her a kid's saddle with a handle on the pommel, and I would pony her all around the hills surrounding the ranch. One day after she started talking a mile a minute, she said she wanted to see some 'reindeer'. I let her know she would have to stay quiet or the deer would hear her and run away. I thought I would get a little break from all the questions and stories. After about 5 minutes of silence, I turned in my saddle to take a peek at her, and there she was, head nodding, sound asleep. She and Monie had a special bond from the moment they set eyes on each other. I have some shots of her back then, will try to find them and post them. Btw,in that shot, Siera is 16, Monie is 26.
  • okay so this doesnt really apply to this but i am writing a story about a race horse that i came up with and it is hopefully going to be a great story it is set in 2015 a year after California Chrome had won the Kentucky Derby, Preakness, and i my story he actually won the Belmont. i am still trying to figure out what the name for the main horse in the story is going to be called but here is the beginning of chapter one tell me what you think
    Chapter 1 The Beginning
    * Mystery In The Fog is in a good position on the outside he is posed really well and could be a threat.
    As they aproach the far turn Remember Shiloh is the leader followed by Catch Me Alfie and then
    Mystery In The Fog is starting to move, as the field turns for home in the Kentucky Derby the favorite
    Mysery In The Fog has toke the lead and hes pulling away, Mystery In The Fog is in front by 5 Nigh Crawler
    is closing on the outside but it is still Mystery In The Fog. And Mystery In The Fog is gunna....*
    "NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!" I sat up screaming. I looked around and realized that I was in my room. I lied back
    down until my door flew up and in walked my mom.
    "Sweat heart whats wrong? Did you have the same dream again?" my mom asked me as she wrapped herarms
    around me. My only response back to her was me nodding my head.
    "Aww Layla, its okay." my mom said getting up off of my bed. "You might want to get up we are going to
    go and meet up with Todd, he has something to show us."
    I knew that I would be okay, I have been having that dream for the past year especially at the beginning
    of the year when the three year old Thoroughbreds are starting their quest towards qualifying for the
    Triple Crown races. The 2015 Kentucky Derby always ends the same way for me. Mystery In The Fog was my
    first Thoroughbred that actually qualified for the Kentucky Derby. He was a chestnut horse with a white face
    with the white going around his eyes and he had four white stockings. His sire was the great Medaglia D'Oro and
    his dam is named Love The Chase who wasnt really a racer but is a great broodmare. Yes Love The Chase
    is the mother of the very popular horse named California Chrome which made Mystery In The Fog a half brother of
    him and even though horse people say that they arent half siblings if they dont share the same mother
    my little sister Kendra who is 5 always use to say that Mystery In The Fog has two great half siblings
    one being of course California Chrome and the other being the great mare Rachel Alexandra.
  • My story was a true event, which is what I thought this thread was about.
  • i know i just wanted someones opinion about how the story is sounding
  • i made a mistake the 2015 kentucky derby is mentioned but the story is set in 2016.
  • maybe post the story in a new topic of it's own, so there is no confusion?
  • Thanks Paniolo.
    A very quick story. My granddaughter started riding Monie when she was just 18 months old. I bought her a kid's saddle with a handle on the pommel, and I would pony her all around the hills surrounding the ranch. One day after she started talking a mile a minute, she said she wanted to see some 'reindeer'. I let her know she would have to stay quiet or the deer would hear her and run away. I thought I would get a little break from all the questions and stories. After about 5 minutes of silence, I turned in my saddle to take a peek at her, and there she was, head nodding, sound asleep. She and Monie had a special bond from the moment they set eyes on each other. I have some shots of her back then, will try to find them and post them. Btw,in that shot, Siera is 16, Monie is 26.
    Your story is wonderful, thanks for sharing it!
  • Zenyattarules1112, my suggestion would be to use sentence and paragraph structure. It can by difficult to read without punctuation. Good idea to put on a different thread.
  • Love the idea of this thread - now if i can only figure out how to post a picture on here...lol :)
  • PlainBays same here i would post the pictures of my horses
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    Okay, I'll play- This is a picture of my daughter with my draft, Buddy, before he was retired to us.

And here they are 10 years later

skip ahead 6 years to 2007:
    Buddy

and Agility, my OTTB
    and last one, taken late April, 2008... Buddy died Sept 2, 2008, and Agility July 3, 2009. I loved this pic because they were best buddies till the day I lost Buddy.
  • I have a brief tutorial on how to post on ImageShack's new webhosting format. Look under "Community, Tutorials, and Information" on the far right column on the Recent Discussion page. Open "POSTING A PICTURE" and click on page 2. Scroll down to the lower section of page 2 and look for the title QUICK "HOW TO DOWNLOAD A PHOTO INTO THE FORUM" FOR THE NEW FORMAT FROM IMAGESHACK. Unfortunately, this past February, ImageShack is now a paid subscription with a fee of only $24/year to use.

TUTORIAL ON POSTING A PICTURE USING IMAGESHACK (NEW FORMAT): Look for the 8th posting from the bottom of the page.

TINYPICS is another webhosting site that is free, but I haven't used it yet. I have my collection already in ImageShack over the year(s) so it's hard to switch out right now. Perhaps someone who uses Tinypics can provide a basic tutorial on how to post using their website.

Rachel...are you there? Can you help on TinyPics?
    edited May 2014
    Wonderful pictures of Buddy and Agility Casey! That last photo is soo sweet with the two of them together. Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks for thinking up the idea, tita!
  • Thanks for thinking up the idea, tita!
    He He...So you know the Hawaiian lingo too! :oD But people who know my personality just call me SISTA I'm more a whimpy TITA.

btw...What webhosting site are you using to post? Maybe you can help others on how to post photos on this thread. I know Rachel uses TinyPics.
    I did the image shack. It's so much easier now to post them.
    LOL, my 'ohana and I use Tita all the time. So, I'll call you Sista
    edited May 2014
    LOL, my 'ohana and I use Tita all the time. So, I'll call you Sista
    It's all in the Ohana Right! Which Island did you live on?
    For those who are not familiar with Casey and my jargon just now...
    Tita = tomboy, Sista = sister, Ohana = family
    My 'ohana is from Kauai. I haven't lived there, just spent time. My parents were spending half the year there, whether that will continue depends on their health. Dad had a scare and had emergency surgery at Wilcox. It's an hour and a half ambulance drive, so we're not sure if they're going to go back. Someday, I'll go back. It's been 9 years since we were there as a family.
  • My 'ohana is from Kauai. I haven't lived there, just spent time. My parents were spending half the year there, whether that will continue depends on their health. Dad had a scare and had emergency surgery at Wilcox. It's an hour and a half ambulance drive, so we're not sure if they're going to go back. Someday, I'll go back. It's been 9 years since we were there as a family.
    Yes...you should try to come back especially if winter is very cold where you are at. We've had some really strange winters this past year in the "Mainland". (That's what we call the the rest of the US here in Hawaii.)

Back on subject: Maybe I can do a more detailed pictorial tutorial for ImageShack's new format when my workload lightens up a bit.
    edited May 2014
    no, not here.... I'm only 5 hours and way too much for airline tickets away!