Personal Photos Of My Beloved Horses Past & Present

Comments

• I guess my being facetious didn't come across as planned, but I do believe a fantasy world is a part of childhood. I surmised months ago that CC1121 was spinning a bunch of stories she wished were true but she was also trying to impress. Well, she knows now the jig is up and that will probably fall heavily on her unless she ignores the obvious and comes back being a brat. I hope she has an avenue for talking this out with someone.
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited November 2014
    We don't mind reading fantasy stories as long as it is stated as such. But when an individual like CC1121 feels her fantasy stories are "Real", and insists on it, that is another issue.

We have seen a range of personalities from CC1121 from an occasional logical persona down to a self-centered bratty kid. We are aware she is trying to fit in with the forum but stating inconsistent/outlandish stories of her pets and "unusual" medical treatments for her pets as true, promising to show her personal photos of her pets but never follows through, makes us turn our heads in disbelief.

We have tried in the past to be kind and tactful towards her, but CC1121 doesn't seem to understand/respect issues like: forum rules, discussion topics and discussion formats. She continues to do "whatever SHE wants at the moment" regardless of us trying in vain to explain to her proper protocol.
    I guess my being facetious didn't come across as planned, but I do believe a fantasy world is a part of childhood. I surmised months ago that CC1121 was spinning a bunch of stories she wished were true but she was also trying to impress. Well, she knows now the jig is up and that will probably fall heavily on her unless she ignores the obvious and comes back being a brat. I hope she has an avenue for talking this out with someone.
    No, I was aware of your facetiousness earlier. But as you said, fantasy is a part of childhood. CC1121 mentioned she was in the age range of 18-early 20s. So to express youthful fantasies as true is rather disturbing. I am not in the medical field so I may be totally wrong, but perhaps with CC1121...something traumatic has happened in her real life or perhaps she is not getting proper emotional support or attention from her family or peer group. If she weaves tales in her daily life as she does in the forum, we can see why she probably has issues fitting in socially in "real" life. In the internet world, she can remain anonymous, and turns to this forum in an "attempt" to get attention and/or live a dream life she finds more comforting. Unfortunately, we in this forum are not professionally trained to deal with this kind of personality issue.

Yes, we hope she gets proper counseling/medical help.
  • VA_in_CAVA_in_CA Member
    edited November 2014
    That about sums it up PG. Good job. Sorry, newcomers, for maybe coming across as mean, but we really have tried gentle hints and straightforward requests that the Forum rules be adhered to so that we avoid any illegal practices that might cause the whole Forum grief. We don't think she has the right to risk that for all the rest of us. As to the confusion of fact with fantasy she exhibits, that has just reached the point of being annoying and boring. She does occasionally make a sensible entry, and I sometimes respond to those, but for the most part, I just avoid threads she frequents to save myself the annoyance and frustration. It's sad and I really do hope she gets help for her problems. But as PG said, I'm not qualified to deal with the problems either.
  • I am going to guess she does not get enough attention in her real life unless we have troll or faker.maybe we just ignore? Facts are sure wacky in her posts .but she is getting a lot of attention from us. What do you do? I say let go and ignore. No response and "no satisfaction". Hope whomever it is is OK. K
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    We've tried to ignore her, then her stories get more outlandish. Or, she tries to grab the attention from someone else who may be going through a difficult time by demanding more attention with a sick or injured animal
    edited November 2014
    KMM...We have tried ignoring her many times. But like an unattended "weed" she keeps sprouting roots in another thread with irrelevant postings with a ploy for attention...or creating games that are merely a duplicate created by other members of the forum. She is creative in her own pet stories, but not creative when it comes to starting new discussions.
  • The things I miss because I'm in a phone-free job orientation (yep, y'all, I gots me a seasonal job for 7 weeks, Mitch and Jet gonna be able to eat next year -- which is kinda tongue in cheek since I'd starve myself before they would, but funds are tight since I got laid off in March and this seasonal job means said funds stretch a bit longer) but I did sneak on during lunch (well, they allow phone use in the break room, so it wasn't really sneaking ;)

I used to mod a forum that was dedicated to the Thoroughbred series (anyone remember 'em?) and we'd get some new posters coming on all the time about how they were teenage race jockeys riding champion racehorses because OMG-I'm-just-leik-Asheligh-u-guyz!!!!11111eleventyoneone, but I think it tended to turn everyone off, that they made up stories and didn't even understand what they were making up. I think it's a bit sad, that people felt they had to use the anonymity of the internet to "fit" in or even be a bit of a one-upmanship on people when I think most forums and social media can be generally friendly and welcoming as long as someone's on the up and up.
  • KMM I replied to your inquiry via your private message
  • Hello there I am new here I have my own horses but I am not very sure how to upload the pictures of them since they are from my computer so if someone could help me out with that it would be great I also have dogs four of them to be exact.
  • Okay does anyone know who this California Chrome1121 is? I was looking through this form and saw that on one of her posts the pictures that she had of horses of her grandmas or neighbors horses the black and white miniature horse and the other two horses with him are NOT even her horses I have no clue who this person is or why she is using pictures of MY horses that I had on facebook please if you have any information about her or him let me know cause one she has no clue who these horses are at all she is totally lying and I do not appreciate that pictures are on here with out me knowing.
    edited November 2014
    If you scroll up on this page and look on the right-hand margin, you will see under "Categories" at the bottom portion of the list: Tech Support and Tutorials. There are tutorials on how to post direct images (pictures) onto the Forum. The free image hosting site is Tinypic. ImageShack earlier this 2014 started charging a minor service fee to use their image hosting site.

Here is the link to get you to the tutorial page for Tinypic...just scroll down a couple of entries: (If you are already familiar with basics on the computer (minimizing/spit screens, etc) and know how to copy/paste from websites, you can just skip part 1 and go down to part 2.)
    http://www.zenyatta.com/discussions#/discussion/comment/106300

You can also make a hardcopy of the Tinypic tutorial by saving it in a word doc and then print the word doc out to use as a reference guide.
  • If you scroll up on this page and look on the right-hand margin, you will see under "Categories" at the bottom portion of the list: Tech Support and Tutorials. There are tutorials on how to post direct images (pictures) onto the Forum. The free image hosting site is Tinypic. ImageShack earlier this 2014 started charging a minor service fee to use their image hosting site.

Here is the link to get you to the tutorial page for Tinypic...just scroll down a couple of entries: (If you are already familiar with basics on the computer (minimizing/spit screens, etc) and know how to copy/paste from websites, you can just skip part 1 and go down to part 2.)
    http://www.zenyatta.com/discussions#/discussion/comment/106300
    Okay thank you
  • Interesting...
  • I added making a hardcopy of the tutorial on a word doc in my earlier post if you missed it.
  • Whats interesting @Rachel?
  • That she would take photos from a random person's facebook
  • That she would take photos from a random person's facebook
    There are places on Facebook were you can post pictures on different horse groups if you want to people do it sometimes if they want to show other people pictures of their horses I did that with Titan (yes thats his name)he is the black and white miniature horse I posted pictures of him on a miniature horse organization rescue kind of thing
  • Hello there I am new here I have my own horses but I am not very sure how to upload the pictures of them since they are from my computer so if someone could help me out with that it would be great I also have dogs four of them to be exact.
    Please note...this particular discussion is for your personal photos of horses only. There is another discussion thread for Real Life Pets that you can post your dog photos in. We don't want this discussion to be mixed up with photos other than equines to stay on topic. :oD

• Yeah Ik I was going to post the pictures of my horses
  • caseycasey any racetrack with camera in handMember
    Actually, you can NOT post Facebook photos here. It doesn't work. Believe me, I've tried. You have to use an image hosting service So, not sure I understand why you think that your photos from facebook are being taken.
  • You can save the photos from facebook onto your computer and upload them through an image hosting site. It is how i do it sometimes
  • I have
    Actually, you can NOT post Facebook photos here. It doesn't work. Believe me, I've tried. You have to use an image hosting service So, not sure I understand why you think that your photos from facebook are being taken.
    What Rachel said that's probably how who ever this California Chrome1121 is did to get those three pictures
  • Unbelievable....
  • Unbelievable....
    I agree - something fishy here....
    edited November 2014
    Yes...I agree. Seems like this new person sounds awfully familiar.