What is up with Stonestreet mares?

2»

Comments

• The bridles that have an x shape over the nose are called figure 8 nosebands - still meant to keep a horse from getting his tongue over the bit while not impeding his airway (nose).image
  • RachelRachel Member
    so this is a Dropnose Bridle then right?
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited May 2014
    perhaps this is a mix between a figure 8 band and a dropnose band that Pletcher uses

• RachelRachel Member
    well this is an interesting pic....tell me if you all see what Im seeing with Dreaming of Julia as a weanling/long yearling

• Right fore ankle looks maybe swollen?
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited May 2014
    hind right leg as well. it actually looks like a bowed tendon
  • I wondered about that too; thought maybe illusion with the white sock, but you could be right.
  • RachelRachel Member
    i was saying about the front leg...it looks like a bowed tendon. im not sure about the back leg...but it does look swollen for sure
  • perhaps this is a mix between a figure 8 band and a dropnose band that Pletcher uses

Flash noseband.
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    most young horses have problems that get fixed before they race. A lot of really popular horses have had work done, and we as fans have never heard about an injury.
    These are interesting videos it describes how they fix leg injuries, and at one point not sure which video you can see pictures on the vets wall of famous horses he treated.

This one talks about sales prep for young horses.
  • RachelRachel Member
    ok, well am i right about the drop nose band picture?
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    I really dont know. someone said it was a flash nose band
  • My Miss Aurelia, Dreaming of Julia retired from racing
    By David Grening Daily Racing Form Wed. Sept. 24 2014
    ELMONT, N.Y. – My Miss Aurelia, the champion 2-year-old filly of 2011, and Dreaming of Julia, a Grade 1-winning filly of 2012, have been retired from racing, owner Barbara Banke said Wednesday. Breeding plans for both have yet to be decided.
    Banke said both fillies are at Stonestreet Farm in Kentucky.
    http://www.drf.com/news/my-miss-aurelia-dreaming-julia-retired-racing
  • My thought is( for whatever its worth :))), is that a number of the ladies on the current Stonestreet broodmare band are at or near retirement age. They need to be thinking about replacements and since DoJ and MMA aren't going to be racing anymore, seems like a no brainer. Remember, this is just my speculation. I like the idea of keeping homebreds at home.
  • Though they look similar from a distance there are differences between a drop noseband, a flash nose band and a figure eight.

Rather than typing out a novel here, this website gives a wonderful walk through of all the different nosebands, how they came to be, what their action is on the horse, etc.

http://www.sustainabledressage.net/tack/bridle.php