Louisiana Derby Shocker

EriNCEriNC Member
Hero of Order a 109-1 long shot won the Louisiana Derby beating out Mark Valeski. Oh man what a pay day that would be!

Comments

• Take THAT smartypants handicappers!
  • Wow! That's why they call it gambling.
  • So true, EriNC. I think a $2 paid something like $220+. I watched the race as well as the post race interviews with the trainer - very interesting guy and the race was amazing. The horse proved himself. Makes the Kentucky Derby even more interesting to look forward to.
  • Hero of Order paid an eye-popping $220.80, $79.80, and $25.40 across the board
    and topped a $2 exacta of $491.80 with Mark Valeski, who returned $3.40 and $2.80 as part of a Brereton C. Jones-owned entry along with Mr. Bowling. Rousing Sermon, paid $4.60 to show and rounded out a $2 trifecta worth $7,812. The superfecta with second choice Cigar Street, fourth, was $16,326.20 for a $2 wager.
  • Might want to check out eponies on twitter feed. They sent out a tweet tip on Hero of Order a couple of hours before the race.
  • EriNCEriNC Member
    Too bad he wont make the Derby. His earnings now make him at spot number 1 in the graded earnings, but he was never nominated to the derby.
  • He could be supplemented in for $200,000.00 but I read in the BH the Derby wasn't on their radar.
  • Thays why they also look at the second and third place runners