Horse Players (A Betting Game)

Comments

• this is great Diversy Harbor i like the way that she is looking, but then again i am a huge fan of Curlin her sire so maybe that is part of it but she is a good looking horse
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited May 2014
    Blah...i called her a him e.o

It just seems like a male name xD well sometimes it isnt always best to bet on the favorite, especially at such a short price, so short its nonexistant LOL. That price might change as the day draws near so keep an eye on it nonetheless. Theres still plenty of time to choose :)
  • RachelRachel Member
    Ive heard of Diversity Harbor
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    Blah...i called her a him e.o

It just seems like a male name xD well sometimes it isnt always best to bet on the favorite, especially at such a short price, so short its nonexistant LOL. That price might change as the day draws near so keep an eye on it nonetheless. Theres still plenty of time to choose :)
    lol understood. I actually rarely use a favorite. Some of the reason I am usually dead last (I like to take chances), but that did pay off last week. I'll be a dog shows this weekend, so I have to do my research and pick a little earlier than I'd like. Also probably means I wont get to watch any of the races or be on hand to change if horses scratch. :-(

• i know that it isnt always good to go with the favorite i never said that i was picking her i was just saying that she is a good looking horse
  • carolinarkansascarolinarkansas hot springs, arkansasMember
    hi guys....
    for sat 5/31/14
    Critical Eye......#4....Macha
    Asistides.....#3...Voodoo Storm
    Springfield....#8....Easy Solution
    Californian...#3....Sky Kingdom
    American Oaks....#3...Little Journey (love all of Sundays grandkids)
    Penn Mile....#1....Global View (hate picking against "kittens")
    ps....I don't think I picked a morning line favorite in the bunch...likely I will bomb
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    ps....I don't think I picked a morning line favorite in the bunch...likely I will bomb
    I don't think I did either last week, Carol. :)

• Critical Eye: #2 Hot Stones
    Springfield Stakes: #9 A Step Ahead
    Aristides Stakes: #1 Brewing
    California Stakes: #4 Majestic City
    American Oaks: #7 Diversy Harbor
    Penn Mile: #4 Bobby's Kitten (cant go against a Kitten)
  • RachelRachel Member
    i know that it isnt always good to go with the favorite i never said that i was picking her i was just saying that she is a good looking horse
    I wasn't refering to you

• RachelRachel Member
    Funny thing about racing, the favorites almost never win lol and the favorites usually dont give u alot of money if they do win xD

• that is true but sometimes they do i mean look at Zenyatta, and California Chrome
  • RachelRachel Member
    I know, thats why i said almost.
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    Critical Eye #8 Tahoe Tigress
    Springfield Stakes #4 Solar Flare
    Aristides Stakes #7 Scatman
    California Stakes #1 Clubhouse Ride
    American Oaks #2 Nashoba's Gold
    Penn Mile #7 Coastline
  • Critical Eye: #5 La Verdad
    Springfield Stakes: #8 Easy Solution
    Aristides Stakes: #1 Brewing
    California Stakes: #2 Fury Kapcori
    American Oakes: #2 Nashoba's Gold
    Penn Mile: #5 Storming Inti
    Sarinne.....Coastline is an absolutely beautiful animal....got almost close enough to touch him earlier this yr....love those grays
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    Sarinne.....Coastline is an absolutely beautiful animal....got almost close enough to touch him earlier this yr....love those grays
    You are so lucky, Carol! I love the grays too. :-) And with his pedigree, at those odds -- I had to give him a shot!

• i am conflicted i can still change my picks until the races start right?
  • RachelRachel Member
    yes
  • JanDJanD Member
    Going to sit this week out. Just to busy to have time to research to know which ones to pick. Good luck to everyone and will catch back up next week. What a week that hopefully will be. Go Chrome!
  • RachelRachel Member
    isnt that the beauty of it? we start over every weekend so it does give you the option to sit out or join in ^.^
  • RachelRachel Member
    i love my idea on this contest, glad i thought of it. its really working out
  • sarinnesarinne Member
    i love my idea on this contest, glad i thought of it. its really working out
    It is, Rachel! Well thought out! :)

• RachelRachel Member
    Critical Eye: #6 Lady Gracenote
    Springfield: #8 Easy Solution
    Aristides: #5 Jake Mo
    Californian: #3 Sky Kingdom
    American Oaks: #2 Nashoba's Gold
    Penn Mile: #7 Coastline
    Coastline is an absolutely gorgeous gray.....saw him at Oaklawn earlier this yr...