Track Across the US

What are some awesome race tracks and where are they

Comments

• Keeneland, Lexington, KY, is certainly one of the most beautiful tracks in the U.S. Some would say that it is tops. Keeneland hosts two boutique meets per year, in April and in October. Every meet features multiple graded stakes races. The highlight of the year is Bluegrass Stakes day. Keeneland is fan friendly. There is plenty of free parking including tailgate areas. Admission is inexpensive considering the quality of the races--$5 for general admission. Reserved seating is relatively cheap, also. There are roving "Betologists" to educate new bettors.

The grounds are attractive, with lots of trees. The grandstand is old stonework. The paddock area is unusual. There's a large lawn and saddling with small, two-horse walking rings where the horses are walked prior to each race. They're only brought over to the main ring for tattoo check and mounting.

The grandstand is nostalgic, with its dark green paint. It's open to the air, although most of it is covered. You don't see the TV monitors in the grandstand that one finds at most tracks. Also, the city is not encroaching on Keeneland; you won't find tall buildings surronding it. Its neighbors are horse farms and the airport.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Belmont Park - Stakes Schedule June 6-7
    Fri., Jun. 6 Belmont Gold Cup Invitational $200,000 4&UP 2 Miles (Turf)
    Fri., Jun. 6 True North II $250,000 4&UP 6 Furlongs (Dirt)
    Sat., Jun. 7 Woody Stephens II $500,000 3YO 7 Furlongs (Dirt)
    Sat., Jun. 7 Easy Goer $150,000 3YO 1 1/16 (Dirt)
    Sat., Jun. 7 Belmont Stakes I $1,500,000 3YO 1 1/2 (Dirt)
    Sat., Jun. 7 TVG Acorn I $750,000 F3YO 1 Mile (Dirt)
    Sat., Jun. 7 Brooklyn Invitational II $500,000 4&UP 1 1/2 (Dirt)
    Sat., Jun. 7 Knob Creek Manhattan I $1,000,000 4&UP 1 1/4 (Turf)
    Sat., Jun. 7 Metropolitan Handicap I $1,250,000 3&UP 1 Mile (Dirt)
    Sat., Jun. 7 Jaipur Invitational III $300,000 4&UP 6 Furlongs (Turf)
    Sat., Jun. 7 Longines Just a Game I $750,000 F&M 4&UP 1 Mile (Turf)
    Sat., Jun. 7 Ogden Phipps I $1,000,000 F&M 4&UP 1 1/16 (Dirt)