Marco be Good

I don't know if anyone has heard about this 12 y/o horse, Marco be Good, but there is a huge uproar about him in the racing world, especially twitter.
https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=Horse&refno=6526344&registry=T
He was retired in 2012 and basically "given away" on facebook. He hasn't raced since 2012!

He apparently has new connections and is entered today at Suffolk Downs for $4000 in race 8 for Gilliam/Bosley. He has earned $572,000 in 84 starts.

This is an outrage and I wanted to share his story. If anyone can share this information, we are trying desperately to get him scratched and retired. It has been said he will be retired to Old Friends AFTER he is finished racing and not necessarily after today's race.

Please share this information anywhere you can and e-mail Suffolk Downs to express your feelings about what they are doing to this horse and ask them to scratch him.

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• RachelRachel Member
    he should of been retired after his last race :(
  • I know Rachel! The thing is, apparently everyone thought he had been retired. Poor horse! I'm just praying he gets scratched. It's so sad.
  • RachelRachel Member
    its even worse cuz hes racing in claiming races for $4,000. same races he was in before he got layed off for 2 yrs. im pretty sure the cartilage in his legs are worn!
  • Poor boy needs to be at Old Friends now!
  • RachelRachel Member
    he does
  • edited May 2014
    Well, he came in last today. Hopefully, they will retire him now. PLEASE! I can't believe he wasn't scratched. Suffolk Downs sucks.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Marco Be Good has been retired-tweet with photo of him being loaded in van.
    Wed. May 28, 2014
  • KetaKeta Member
    Marco Be Good retires to Old Friends NY
    By Susan Salk on May 28, 2014 Off-Track Thoroughbreds
    Marco Be Good, a seasoned campaigner who earned more than $570,000 in 85 starts, was retired this week to Old Friends Equine’s New York chapter in Clermont, N.Y.
    The 12-year-old gelding chestnut, who is said to be in excellent health and fine body, was loaded up at Suffolk Downs this week and put on the road to Clermont Farms following a call for his retirement by horse lovers who argued, via social media discussion groups, against his return to racing. Discussions noted Marco had been retired two years earlier, and deserved to stay retired.
    http://offtrackthoroughbreds.com/2014/05/28/marco-be-good-retires-to-old-friends-ny/
  • RachelRachel Member
    YES!
  • RachelRachel Member
    "... was loaded up at Suffolk Downs this week and put on the road to Clermont Farms following a call for his retirement by horse lovers who argued, via social media discussion groups, against his return to racing. Discussions noted Marco had been retired two years earlier, and deserved to stay retired."

we all did good \^o^/
  • edited May 2014
    Yes! Yes! Yes! We did do good. Thank you Keta for posting the news!

It's amazing in this day and age what the power of social media can do!
  • RachelRachel Member
    With social media, we have a voice :)