Golden Girls

Comments

• slewpyslewpy Member
    TY RR12. She's small just like daughter Goldi. True "Gold"en Girls.
  • Name: Charming Lassie
    Born: 1987
    Famous offspring: Lemon Drop Kid
  • edited May 2014
    Name: Kincsem (Cambuscan x Water Nymph by Cotswold)
    Born: 1874
    Famous offspring: Budagyonge, Ollyanincs
  • Name: Worldly Pleasure ( Devil His Due x Fast Pleasure by Fast Play)
    Born: 2000
    Famous offspring: Game On Dude
  • ALMAHMOUD
    (Foaled 1947, died 1971)
    Mahmoud-FR x Arbitrator (by Peace Chance)
    One of the great matriarchs of the turf of all times!
    Famous Offsprings: Natalma, Cosmah, Folk Dancer and Nash

• Name: Gold Digger ( Nashua x Sequence by Count Fleet )
    Born: 1962
    Famous offspring: Mr. Prospector
  • RachelRachel Member
    Lol Mom and Goldikova arent agreeing with eachother xD theyre a little wary ofeachother xD
  • FLAMING PAGE
    (Foaled 4/24/1959)
    Bull Page x Flaring Top (by Menow)
    Flaming page was unable to conceive after suffering birthing complications in 1969 and was retired from broodmare duty in 1975. She foaled only three foals.

Famous Offsprings: Nijinksy2-CAN, Minsky-CA and Fleur (dam of Epsom Derby winner The Minstrel)

• Name: Lassie Dear ( Buckpasser x Gay Missile by Sir Gaylord )
    Born: 1974
    Famous offspring: Wolfhound, Weekend Surprise.
  • ALMAHMOUD
    (Foaled 1947, died 1971)
    Mahmoud-FR x Arbitrator (by Peace Chance)
    One of the great matriarchs of the turf of all times!
    Famous Offsprings: Natalma, Cosmah, Folk Dancer and Nash

Mayhap you wish to look through the pages first? Almahmoud has already been posted =)
  • FLAMING PAGE
    (Foaled 4/24/1959)
    Bull Page x Flaring Top (by Menow)
    Flaming page was unable to conceive after suffering birthing complications in 1969 and was retired from broodmare duty in 1975. She foaled only three foals.

Famous Offsprings: Nijinksy2-CAN, Minsky-CA and Fleur (dam of Epsom Derby winner The Minstrel)

Posted as well =)
  • Darn...thought I was on a roll. OK. I better take a break.
    Anyone posted Dance Smartly yet...cause I have her draft ready to post. Please advise.
  • Darn...thought I was on a roll. OK. I better take a break.
    Anyone posted Dance Smartly yet...cause I have her draft ready to post. Please advise.
    Ah, alas we do not! Please do post =)

• Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited May 2014
    DANCE SMARTLY
    (Foaled 1988, died on 8/18/2007 or 8/19/2007 due to a paddock accident in which she broke at least one bone in her already handicapped foreleg and was humanely euthanized...she was only 19 years old.)
    Danzig x Classy 'N Smart-CAN (by Smarten)
    Retired as the World's all-time leading female money earner at the time earning $3,263,835. Also awarded the Canadian Horse of the Year & Champion 3 year old filly in US & Canada.

Not only was she good on the race track, she was great in the breeding barn as well!
    Famous Offsprings: Scatter The Gold-CAN (winner of the Queen's Plate Stakes) and DanceThruTheDawn-CAN. DanceThruTheDawn was inducted into the Canadian Hall of Fame in 2011.

The look of eagles in her pose...like her ancestors) Man O'War and Hyperion.
  • OK...taking a break...my eyes are a bit tizzy right now anyway. :oD
  • btw..If Classy N Smart is not posted as I need to rest my eyes. I have info on her...she's the dam of Dance Smartly. :oD Please advise.
  • Classy n' Smart is not posted =)
  • Name: Crimson Saint ( Crimson Satan x Bolero Rose by Bolero )
    Born: 1969
    Famous offspring: Royal Academy, Terlingua
    edited May 2014
    Classy n' Smart is not posted =)
    OK...I get first dibs after I let my eyes rest a bit.
  • Name: Mariah's Storm ( Rahy x Immense by Roberto )
    Born: 1997
    Famous offspring: Giant's Causeway
  • CLASSY N SMART
    (Foaled 1981)
    Smarten x No Class (by Nodouble)
    Noted for winning three Canadian Oaks.
    Famous Offsprings: Dance Smartly

edited May 2014
    NO CLASS
    (Foaled 1974)
    Nodouble x Classy Quillo-CAN
    Famous Offsprings: Classy 'N Smart
    Granddam of 1991 Canadian Horse of the Year-Dance Smartly and Smart Strike No Class was wrongfully named as she stands as one of the great Blue Hen mares of the last century! Other offsprings are: Sky Classic, Regal Classic, Grey Classic, Always A Classic and Classic Reign.

• Think you could find Enchanted Rock?
  • Think you could find Enchanted Rock?
    Trying...but can't find any photos of her yet. :o(
  • AshtonAshton Member
    What a great idea! I did see where you posted a photo of Weekend Surprise. Her exercise rider Guy is a friend of mine. About a year ago he graciously gave me permission to share one of his personal photos of her on Sarbonne's page to educate others about this amazing mare he loved so much. You'll need to click onto the link to view the photo. Please indulge me for sharing her accomplishments on the track as well as All her famous offspring. For those who don't know, she was the daughter of SECRETARIAT.
    Photo- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=478315208888976&set=a.380109472042884.89320.379310605456104&type=1&theater
    WEEKEND SURPRISE
    (Secretariat -- Lassie Dear, by Buckpasser)
    Foaled April, 8, 1980
    A multiple graded stakes winner on the racetrack, winning the Schuylerville Stakes, Golden Rod Stakes, and Pocahontas Stakes in 1982. She finished in the money 22 of 31, with 7 wins, 5 seconds and 10 thirds.
    She was one of the reasons that Secretariat became an outstanding broodmare sire. Weekend Surprise produced Summer Squall and A.P. Indy for the partnership of Lane's End Farm owner William S. Farish and W.S. Kilroy. Summer Squall, her first foal, won the 1990 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) after running second in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I). He was retired with earnings of $1,844,282 and entered stud at Lane's End near Versailles, Ky. His added-money winners include 1999 Horse of the year Charismatic.
    His grandson Summer Bird, “the chestnut thunderbolt,” won the 2009 Belmont and Horse of the Year honors. Summer Squall also sired Rainaway..
    Weekend Surprise also figures in the pedigree of Rags to Riches, the first filly to win the Belmont in 100 years in 2007.
    A.P. Indy came along two years after Summer Squall. He was the highest-priced yearling of 1990, selling for $2.9 million at the Keeneland July yearling sale, and earned back $79,815 more than his purchase price. He scored major wins in the 1992 Belmont Stakes (gr. I) and Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) and was voted Horse of the Year and champion 3-year-old colt. He has developed into a major sire at Lane's End.
    When he took Horse of the Year honors in 1992, Weekend Surprise was named Kentucky Broodmare of the Year. He became one of the most influential stallions of his time.
    Weekend Surprise was said to carry the gene to pass on the “big heart” to her offspring. She inherited this “X-factor” from Secretariat, who was found to have a naturally huge heart that was two to three times the size of a normal heart for a racehorse. Other racing greats such as Man o’ War and Eclipse were also said to have the large heart.
    In fact, Weekend Surprise is said to be a “double-copy” mare, with the X factor present on both the top and bottom of her pedigree. That means she also got the large heart gene from her dam, Lassie Dear.
    Here is what Marianna Haun , who has studied the X factor for many years, said about Weekend Surprise: ”One double copy mare is the Thoroughbred Weekend Surprise, a daughter of Secretariat that is out of a double copy dam. Weekend Surprise’s dam, Lassie Dear, produced all winners and so has her daughter, which produced Horse of the Year A.P. Indy and millionaire Summer Squall. Both sires now are producing outstanding daughters, and when mated with large-hearted mares, are producing outstanding sons.”
    In the words of Leeanne Meadows Ladin, "Christopher Chenery, founder of Meadow Stable, who created “an empire built on broodmares” with Somethingroyal, Hildene, Imperatrice and other great mares, always stressed the importance of the mare in the breeding equation. In terms of the X factor, he may have been ahead of his time. We owe him, and Secretariat’s daughters such as Weekend Surprise, our heartfelt thanks!"
    Her offspring include Honor Grades, Tiger Ridge, Devongate, Amirati, Weekend Storm, Norway, Eavesdropper, Welcome Surprise, Saithor, and Weekend In Seattle.
    Photo- Weekend Surprise at Santa Anita, Guy Martinez, up, graciously provided by Guy Martinez.