Golden Girls

1606162636466»

Comments

• KetaKeta Member
    sarinne said:

I love that tweet, thank you @Keta! :) Also was wondering about she'd foaled yet! :heart:

Here is the big news
  • I was just about to post her here :) I think there is no better mare this year to be posted on Golden Girls <3
  • KetaKeta Member

I was just about to post her here :) I think there is no better mare this year to be posted on Golden Girls <3 </p>

I agree. What she has done is truly amazing
    Keta
  • KetaKeta Member
    Leslie's Lady, already a star broodmare, seeks her first Derby winner
    By Nicole Russo DRF 04/26/2018
    The Kentucky Derby is not only a test of speed and stamina – it is a test of mental fortitude for a young horse, with the pressure cooker culminating in the “wall of sound” as the field turns for home in front of more than 160,000 at Churchill Downs. Mendelssohn has shown the speed and stamina, and his breeders think he has the mental fortitude to handle the stress of the May 5 Derby.
    Mendelssohn and his half-sister Beholder, a four-time Eclipse Award winner, were bred by the Clarkland Farm owned by Fred Mitchell and his mother, Nancy Mitchell.
    http://www.drf.com/news/leslies-lady-already-star-broodmare-seeks-her-first-derby-winner
  • "(Leslie's Lady) delivered an Eskendereya filly, then was bred to the good young sire Scat Daddy. The Eskendereya filly became ill with colic and died. Leslie’s Lady accompanied her ailing foal to the clinic, and the stress of the trip caused her to lose the Scat Daddy foal she was carrying. "

Oh wow, poor girl :'( That had to be a really, really hard time for her.
  • When did the above happen?
  • 2014. She was bred to Scat Daddy again and this time got pregnant with Mendelssohn, who was born May 17, 2015.
  • RugbyGirlNZRugbyGirlNZ New ZealandMember
    Alright hope this works
    Name: Horlicks (NZ)
    Foaled: 07 November 1983
    Died: 24 August 2011. Her death made headlines on the news in New Zealand
    Pedigree: Three Legs (GB)-Malt (NZ) (Moss Trooper (USA))
    Background: A winner of 5× G1s Horlicks became the first overseas trained winner of the Japan Cup in 1989 in a world record time that stood for 20 years!
    Famous Offspring: Brew winner of over $2 million in prizemoney his most famous win was in the 2000 Melbourne Cup Bubble a filly that won the G2 Avondale Guineas against the males but tragically broke down before realizing her full potential

Picture taken from the book "Give A Man A Horse" The foal is the filly Latte who later produced Australian Derby winner Fiumicino
  • RugbyGirlNZRugbyGirlNZ New ZealandMember
    Name: Parfore (NZ)
    Foaled: 24 November 1997
    Died: 16 March 2016
    Background: A very average pedigree when she was born Parfore managed to win one race from 4 starts. Her full sister later produced a G1 winner by Captain Rio (GB)

Famous Offspring: A true blue hen so this is a long one. Nine of her foals have raced and all nine have won races including

Our Lukas 2003 gelding by Generous (IRE). A winner of 12 races A$670,000 including 4× Listed Brisbane Handicap, Strawberry Road Handicap and the Ipswich Cup twice

Our Boy Lukas 2004 gelding by Faltaat (USA). A winner of nine races A$201,000

Tiger Tees 2007 gelding by Dubawi (IRE). A winner of 13 races A$1,200,000 including a G1 Galaxy Handicap and many other stakes races

Super Easy 2008 stallion by Darci Brahma (NZ). A winner of fifteen races from 23 starts in Singapore S$2,100,000. Including many stakes races and was named Singapore Horse Of The Year. Now standing at stud in New Zealand.

Terravista 2009 gelding by Captain Rio (GB). A winner of eleven races A$2,600,000 including a G1 Galaxy Handicap and G1 Lightning Handicap plus many other stakes races.

Ball Of Muscle 2012 gelding by Dubawi (IRE). A winner of eleven races (so far) A$1,100,000 A G2 winner of the Shorts Handicap and many other stakes races

Pic is of Parfore and her 2014 filly by Darci Brahma. She was injured as a 2yo and has retired without racing