2014 Two Year-Old Racing

Comments

• The Kiddie List - July 3, 2014: http://www.horseracingnation.com/blogs/pedigree_power/The_Kiddie_List_July_3_2014_123

NOTE: I will post the next Kiddie list when I get back from vacation on Sunday.
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited July 2014
    There is 2 year old racing July 6th at Gulfstream (race 8, 5 furlongs)
    And Arapahoe (race 1,5 furlongs for fillies), Belmont (race 3, Lynbrook Stakes 6 furlongs for fillies), Camarero (race5, 5 1/2 furlongs), Canterbury (race 1, 5 furlongs for fillies), Hastings (race 4, maiden claiming 3 1/2 furlongs), Oak Tree at Pleasanton (race 8, Everett Nevin Stakes 5 1/2 furlongs), Woodbine (race 3, 5 furlongs), Los Alamitos Thoroughbred (race 5, 5 furlongs)
  • Zen13FanZen13Fan Member
    edited July 2014
    Wonder Gal, debut in ny bred stakes race, won by about 15 lengths

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/BEL/2014/7/6/3/lynbrook-s
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited July 2014
    Wonder Gal (NY)
    DK B/, F, foaled March 16, 2012
    ( Tiz Wonderful - Passe, by Dixie Union)
    Connections as of Current Entry:
    Jockey: Taylor B. Rice
    Trainer: Leah Gyarmati
    Owner: Treadway Racing Stable
    Breeder: Apache Farm LLC

Won the Lynbrook Stakes at Belmont Park
  • Bollywood (2-Year-Old Colt) Breeder:Mr. & Mrs. Jerome S. Moss
    DK B/, C, foaled May 7, 2012
    ( Bernardini - Tarlow, by Stormin Fever)

Date: July 4, 2014
    Track: SANTA ANITA PARK
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 46:60 Handily
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt
  • There is 2 year old racing July 7th at Presque Isle Downs (race 3, 4 1/2 furlongs),
    edited July 2014
    There is 2 year old racing July 9th at Delaware Park (race 7, 5 furlongs for fillies), Evangeline (race 6, about 5 furlongs on turf). Indiana Grand Race Course (race 2, 5 furlongs and race 6, 5 furlongs for fillies), Northlands Park (race 1, maiden claiming 3 1/2 furlongs),
    edited July 2014
    There is 2 year old racing July 10th at Arlington (race 6, 5 1/2 furlongs for fillies), Belmont (race 1, 6 furlongs for fillies on turf), Evangeline (race 1, 5 furlongs on turf), Gulfstream (race 6, 5 furlongs for fillies), Lone Star (race 3, maiden claiming 5 furlongs for fillies on turf), Los Alamitos Thoroughbred (race 5, maiden claiming 5 1/2 furlongs for fillies), Prairie Meadows (race 3, 5 furlongs)
    edited July 2014
    There is 2 year old racing July 11rth at Arapahoe (race 3, 5 furlongs), Belmont (race 4, 6 furlongs on turf), Ellis Park (race 8, one mile on turf), Evangeline (race 3, maiden claiming 5 furlongs for fillies), Gulfstream (race 6, maiden claiming 5 furlongs), Los Alamitos (race 4, maiden claiming 5 1/2 furlongs),
  • From Siena Farm facebook:
    As we completed construction of Siena Farm in 2008, we interviewed a young lady by the name of Angie Roe (Angela Renee Roe). We needed Angie and her mother to work two evenings a week to clean the office and main residence. At first Angie was hesitant about committing to the days we needed, so we weren’t certain if she really wanted the job. Only later did we discover she was undergoing chemotherapy treatments, and needed to work around her chemotherapy schedule. Angie worked at Siena Farm for a year before losing her battle with cancer at the age of 38. During that year, Angie showed an amazing amount of courage and fortitude as she endured the chemotherapy treatments, while continuing to be a wife and a mother, and a great employee.

The three Siena Farm owners (Anthony Manganaro, Nacho Patino and David Pope) wanted to find a special way to honor Angie’s memory so we asked the family for permission to name a racehorse after her. The family was overjoyed because Angie had grown very attached to the farm and loved all the horses. We wanted to make sure we had a special horse with the ability to find success on the racetrack, so we waited patiently for the right horse.

In 2012 we sold one of our special broodmares, Pilfer, at the Fasig-Tipton November Sale for $1,950,000. When we did this, we knew that if we wanted to keep a presence from her family, so we retained her 2012 Bernardini filly. We did explore selling the filly at the Keeneland September Yearling Sale due to her significant commercial value, but at the last minute, Anthony made the decision that we would retain the filly for our racing stable.

In the weeks following the sale, Anthony, Nacho and David agreed that this was “the special filly” and as such we would name her ANGELA RENEE. On the morning she was to van to Florida to begin training, we invited Angie’s family to take pictures with ANGELA RENEE. Nacho ordered a new halter bearing the name ANGELA RENEE and the family got to meet her close up and in person. As you might imagine, it was an emotional but also joyous day for the family, as they were so proud that this filly would bear the name of their daughter/sister/mother/wife. As they were leaving the farm, David gave the family her pedigree bearing the official name ANGELA RENEE, Bay Filly, Foaled March 14, 2012 in Kentucky.

An hour passed before the phone rang. It was Sue, Angie’s mother, and I could tell she had been crying. She had a question for me about the pedigree as she noticed the date March 14, 2012. After I told her that that was the day the filly was born, she revealed March 14th was also Angie’s birthdate. We immediately knew that we got the name right!

Friday, June 27th was a very special day for the Siena Team when ANGELA RENEE won first time out at Belmont.
  • RachelRachel Member
    oh my goodness! i was reading this earlier but didnt get to finish it. A filly who was born on the birthday of the woman she is named after, how awesome is that! And to think i was born on the month that secretariat died, i was born 2 weeks after his death. I love things like this, and im so happy that she won!
    edited July 2014
    From Siena Farm facebook:
    As we completed construction of Siena Farm in 2008, we interviewed a young lady by the name of Angie Roe (Angela Renee Roe). We needed Angie and her mother to work two evenings a week to clean the office and main residence. At first Angie was hesitant about committing to the days we needed, so we weren’t certain if she really wanted the job. Only later did we discover she was undergoing chemotherapy treatments, and needed to work around her chemotherapy schedule. Angie worked at Siena Farm for a year before losing her battle with cancer at the age of 38. During that year, Angie showed an amazing amount of courage and fortitude as she endured the chemotherapy treatments, while continuing to be a wife and a mother, and a great employee.

The three Siena Farm owners (Anthony Manganaro, Nacho Patino and David Pope) wanted to find a special way to honor Angie’s memory so we asked the family for permission to name a racehorse after her. The family was overjoyed because Angie had grown very attached to the farm and loved all the horses. We wanted to make sure we had a special horse with the ability to find success on the racetrack, so we waited patiently for the right horse.

In 2012 we sold one of our special broodmares, Pilfer, at the Fasig-Tipton November Sale for $1,950,000. When we did this, we knew that if we wanted to keep a presence from her family, so we retained her 2012 Bernardini filly. We did explore selling the filly at the Keeneland September Yearling Sale due to her significant commercial value, but at the last minute, Anthony made the decision that we would retain the filly for our racing stable.

In the weeks following the sale, Anthony, Nacho and David agreed that this was “the special filly” and as such we would name her ANGELA RENEE. On the morning she was to van to Florida to begin training, we invited Angie’s family to take pictures with ANGELA RENEE. Nacho ordered a new halter bearing the name ANGELA RENEE and the family got to meet her close up and in person. As you might imagine, it was an emotional but also joyous day for the family, as they were so proud that this filly would bear the name of their daughter/sister/mother/wife. As they were leaving the farm, David gave the family her pedigree bearing the official name ANGELA RENEE, Bay Filly, Foaled March 14, 2012 in Kentucky.

An hour passed before the phone rang. It was Sue, Angie’s mother, and I could tell she had been crying. She had a question for me about the pedigree as she noticed the date March 14, 2012. After I told her that that was the day the filly was born, she revealed March 14th was also Angie’s birthdate. We immediately knew that we got the name right!

Friday, June 27th was a very special day for the Siena Team when ANGELA RENEE won first time out at Belmont.
    The Story of Angela Renee: http://www.hrtv.com/videos/the-story-of-angela-renee/
  • There is 2 year old racing July 12th at Ellis Park (race 2, one mile for fillies on turf),
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone know if there is 2 year old stakes racing this weekend?
  • RachelRachel Member
    Yaaaay Charitable Man!
  • RachelRachel Member
    Omg hes standing in WV? Yaaaaay, I wonder if one day i can see this colt in person.....i shall try
  • RachelRachel Member
    Eeeeeee look at all the stallions that live not that far from me! I had no idea o.o i wonder if they do open houses

http://www.taylormountainfarm.com/taylormtn_007.htm
  • RachelRachel Member
    Siena Farm - Home of Dewey Square
    1 hr · Edited ·
    Watch as Isabella Sings makes her debut on the racetrack! This beauty is entered in the 1st race at Belmont tomorrow, Thursday, 7/10. It is a maiden special weight race for 2-year-old fillies, and the approximate post time is 1:20 p.m. EDT.
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-9/10408900_10152514890876007_1707706226135684355_n.png

Isabella Sings is a filly by Eskendereya out of Isobel Baillie (GB)
    edited July 2014
    There is 2 year old racing July 12th at Ellis Park (race 2, one mile for fillies on turf),
    And Belterra (race1, 5 1/2 furlongs for fillies), Evangeline (race 3, 5 furlongs), Arlington (race 6, CTBA Lassie Stakes 6 furlongs), Emerald Downs (race 4, 5 furlongs for fillies), Gulfstream (race 6, 4 1/2 furlongs for fillies and race 8, 5 furlongs for fillies), Indiana Grand Race Course (race 5, 5 furlongs for fillies)