Horses Owned or Bred (Racing or Retired) by the Mosses.

Ok so I know there is already a thread about John Shirreffs and the horses he trains (or both the Mosses and others) but I thought that there should be a thread for horses who have been owned or all still owned (both retired and still racing) by the Mosses who might not be trained by John or who are.

Comments

• Verdula is entered May 31st in race 5 a maiden special weight at Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Brice Blanc. She is trained by John Shirreffs and owned (and bred) by the Mosses.
  • Lamazone is entered May 31st in race 6 a maiden claiming race at Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Aaron T. Gryder. She is trained by John W. Sadler and owned (and bred) by the Mosses.
  • Taramo (by Giacomo) is entered May 30th at Northlands Park in race 4 a claiming race. He will be ridden by Heribert Naherd Martinez. He is trained by Rodney J. Cone and owned by CanMedia Inc. He was bred by the Mosses.
  • Hi QueenZFan22. Is it too late to edit the name of this thread? --Something indicating that this is about the Horses bred or owned by the Mosses. Or Other Horses of the Mosses. Otherwise it sounds like it's about the people themselves. Just a suggestion. I almost didn't read it because I thought it was going to be a gossip kind of thing, or critique/support/whatever and didn't want to be involved if it was.
  • Hi QueenZFan22. Is it too late to edit the name of this thread? --Something indicating that this is about the Horses bred or owned by the Mosses. Or Other Horses of the Mosses. Otherwise it sounds like it's about the people themselves. Just a suggestion. I almost didn't read it because I thought it was going to be a gossip kind of thing, or critique/support/whatever and didn't want to be involved if it was.
    VA I just changed it with 30 minutes left.
  • Glad you agreed. It's much clearer now and I look forward to following this thread. It was a good idea you had.
  • Blu Jon (Awesome Again x Alpha Mama) a 7 year old gelding bred and owned by the Mosses won race 7 a $12,500 claiming race at Golden Gate. He is trained by Steve Sherman (son of California Chrome's trainer Art Sherman) and was ridden by Russell Baze. He was not claimed.
  • Belonging (Include x Alchema) a 5 year old marewon the 5th race today at Santa Anita a $25,000 claiming race. She was bred by the Mosses. She was ridden by Amelia Green. She is trained by George Papaprodromou and owned by KM Racing Enterprise Inc.
  • Protocol finished 7th today in race 13 (allowance optional claiming) at Belmont park. He was ridden by Alex Solis, He is trained by John Shirreffs and owned by the Mosses.
  • Guggenheim is running June 8th in a 6 furlong maiden special weight at Belmont. He will be ridden by Alex Solis. He is trained by John Shirreffs and owned (and bred) by the Mosses.
  • Stanwyck (5-Year-Old Mare)

Date: June 22, 2014
    Track: BELMONT PARK
    Distance: Four Furlongs
    Time: 50:44 Breezing
    Track Condition: Fast
    Surface: Dirt training
  • Verdula is running June 27th in a maiden special weight for 3 year old and up fillies and mares going 1 /16th miles at Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Brice Blanc. She is trained by John Shirreffs and owned (and bred) by the Mosses.
  • Lamazone is running June 28th in a one mile maiden claiming race for 3 year old and upward fillies and mares on turf at Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. She is trained by John Sadler and owned (and bred) by the Mosses.
  • RachelRachel Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh cool, Victor gets to ride a Moss horse ;)
  • @Rachel if I remember correctly he has ridden for both John and the Mosses before?
  • RachelRachel Member
    He may have, i havent kept track
  • AshtonAshton Member
    Blu Jon (Awesome Again x Alpha Mama) a 7 year old gelding bred and owned by the Mosses won race 7 a $12,500 claiming race at Golden Gate. He is trained by Steve Sherman (son of California Chrome's trainer Art Sherman) and was ridden by Russell Baze. He was not claimed.
    @QueenZFan22 ,
    As you may or may not know, my beloved Sarbonne was claimed from John Sherriffs by Steve Sherman on May 5, 2012 at Golden Gate, much like El Vino, (claimed away after a win) ...but Sarbonne was claimed the day he finally broke his maiden. Ironically, he won his first race with Russell Baze up.....Most here ( I hope know) that two claims and two trainers latter Sarbonne became one third property of Robbie Baze who was also his full time trainer. Steve Sherman is a very friendly man who returned my calls from Tennessee. Sometimes (every rare blue moon) saving horses has its perks. The entire family is beyond generous and delightful....Love and respect to all.
  • Bollywood (Bernardini - Tarlow, by Stormin Fever) (C) $700K OBSAPR14; 1:13.60 (4/7) Handily/gate. He worked 2F in :21.00 at the OBS April sale. Two of his four half sisters raced and won. One placed as a two year old. Their dam won the Santa Margarita Invitational (G-1), La Canada (G-2) and placed at two in the Oak Leaf (G-2). Tarlow’s half sisters have produced the stakes horses MR. BOWLING, YANKEE FORTUNE and GO GO SHOOT. All three are colts. None of the daughters in this immediate family (except for Tarlow) own blacktype. Bollywood is a stablemate of Lord Nelson. Are we looking at a future stakes winner?

NOTE: This colt was bred and sold by the Mosses. I believe Bob Baffert will train him?
  • Protocol is running July 5th in Allowance Optional Claiming race at Belmont. He will be ridden by Alex Solis. He is trained by John Shirreffs and owned by the Mosses.
  • Bollywood is running July 19th in a maiden special weight for 2 year olds going 5 furlongs at Del Mar. He will be ridden by Martin Garcia. he is trained by Bob Baffert. He was bred by The Mosses and is owned by Kaleem Shah Inc.
  • Bijoux is running July 19th in a maiden special weight for fillies and mares three years old and upward going one mile on turf at Del Mar. She will be ridden by Drayden Van Dyke. She is trained by John Sadler and owned and bred by the Mosses.
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited July 2014
    Odeon is running July 20th in a $25,000 claiming race for 3 year olds and upward going 1 1/16th miles on turf at Saratoga. He will be ridden by Micheal Luzzi. He is trained by John Shirreffs and owned by the Mosses. <code>
  • Katie's Garden is running July 24th in an Allowance Optional claiming race for fillies and mares 3 years old and upward going 7 furlongs at Saratoga. She will be ridden by John Velazquez. She is trained by John Shirreffs and is owned by bred by the Mosses.
  • Stanwyck is running July 27th in the Shuvee handicap. She will be ridden by Joel Rosario. She is trained by John Shirreffs and owned (and bred) by the Mosses.
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited July 2014
    I saw Katie's Garden snag John his first win today at Saratoga! Jerry & Dottie were there too-They were waiting for Katie's Garden to enter the paddock, so I (very briefly) thanked them for keeping us informed through Zenyatta's website. I think I have some really nice photos of KG coming down the stretch -I don't have any image sharing sites, but was wondering if Kylea or someone else has regular contact with &/or an email for the Mosses or Shirreffs ? I would be happy to email the photos to a "middle man" if they could send them on.