Horses Owned or Bred (Racing or Retired) by the Mosses.

Comments

• @SallyT try e-mailing them to forum@zenyatta.com.
  • KetaKeta Member
    Tim Wilkin tweet Thursday July 24 2014
    Katie's Garden wins 4th at @Saratoga for trainer John Shirriffs
    and Johnny V
    . 5-1-6-3

The Blood-Horse Race Results (VIDEO) Thurs. July 24, 2014
    Katie's Garden (Elusive Quality - Tarlow) wins an allowance optional claiming
    at Saratoga
    http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/race/USA/SAR/2014/7/24/4/race-4-aoc-at-sar-on-7-24-14
  • I saw Katie's Garden snag John his first win today at Saratoga! Jerry & Dottie were there too-They were waiting for Katie's Garden to enter the paddock, so I (very briefly) thanked them for keeping us informed through Zenyatta's website. I think I have some really nice photos of KG coming down the stretch -I don't have any image sharing sites, but was wondering if Kylea or someone else has regular contact with &/or an email for the Mosses or Shirreffs ? I would be happy to email the photos to a "middle man" if they could send them on.
    Katie’s Garden is a half-sister to Bollywood, the two year Bernardini colt the Moss’ bred the same year as Coz. He finished 7th in his racing debut last week. He was sold for $200,000 as a yearling and for $700,000 at 2.

He and Katie’s Garden are out of grade I winner Tarlow, a debut winner at 2, who earned $439,740 overall. Tarlow has produced 2 winners from 2 to run. She is a full sister to one winner, and a half sister to 2 winners. Tarlow’s dam is stakes winner Madam Bear, who earned $263,631.

His race was on July 19 at Del Mar, 5th Race, Maiden Special Weight, Five Furlongs, $75,000 Purse.
    Race Footnotes: Bollywood allowed to settle outside then alongside a rival, came three wide into the stretch and did not rally.

I know his new connections think highly of him (they must have for $700,000, ha-ha). I am sure he learned a lot from this first race and will show marked improvement next time out.
  • Anne and Jerry Moss also have a contender who could figure in Stanwyck, winner of the Turnback the Alarm Handicap (gr. III) at Belmont last fall. The 5-year-old daughter of Empire Maker has been well-rested since the Apple Blossom Handicap (gr. I) on April 11. She was third in that event off back-to-back thirds in the Santa Margarita Stakes (gr. I) and the Santa Maria Stakes (gr. II), both at Santa Anita Park for trainer John Shirreffs at the beginning of the year.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Eblouissante I remarked on July 18 should try turf. They are it seems with latest workout
    If I was trainer would take it slow with maiden special weight. Maybe allowance see how she does. Restricted black type race not a grade. Let her get black type. And if good enough graded company. Keep her in ca.she seems to do better there. Maybe east coast humidity isn't to her liking. Maybe do not wait so long between races. He who hesitates is lost. Just a fan of family since balance. Also kept track of souper spec. Have had 3 thoroughbreds. One ottb. One daughter of grand Prix jumper. Latest daughter of led roofed an in aux who was sold as 2 year old under tack but never raced because she was and is still growing as a6 year old. My luck! She is 16.3. Thanks kmm
  • Eblouissante I remarked on July 18 should try turf. They are it seems with latest workout
    If I was trainer would take it slow with maiden special weight. Maybe allowance see how she does. Restricted black type race not a grade. Let her get black type. And if good enough graded company. Keep her in ca.she seems to do better there. Maybe east coast humidity isn't to her liking. Maybe do not wait so long between races. He who hesitates is lost. Just a fan of family since balance. Also kept track of souper spec. Have had 3 thoroughbreds. One ottb. One daughter of grand Prix jumper. Latest daughter of led roofed an in aux who was sold as 2 year old under tack but never raced because she was and is still growing as a6 year old. My luck! She is 16.3. Thanks kmm
    Ebby isn't eligible for a maiden special weight she she already broke her maiden. I believe that she is eligible for a 3rd level allowance though?
  • KMMKMM Member
    Latest was a daughter of lesroidesanimaux with damsire giant's causeway. Much turf breeding. She is still growing at 6. Never raced. Sold at ocala under tack sale. My thoughts. Kmm
  • RachelRachel Member
    Welcome to the forum @KMM :)
  • RachelRachel Member
    Indeed, Ebby has 2 wins under her belt. She broke her maiden in winning fashion and won her 2nd race in the same fashion. We were super excited to see her a third time but she scratched upon bumping her hip and getting a scrape when coming out of the saddling area. She was scratched out of caution. Her 4th try she freaked in the gate, and was never in contention (mouth hurt her due to breaking 2 teeth in the gate). This last race she was in she broke well, ran in good stalking position and then for whatever reason she just faded down the stretch. I hope she does better some day soon
  • KMMKMM Member
    Kmm: would also add. Am a fan o graham motion. Also used to be a runner. Would think about building up her speed at short distances and intersperse with stamina training. Short distances to get advantage of twitch muscles. Work hills like the English and then go for stamina. Cross trading works. You could train her for downhill course in can if she is so conditioned. Don't know if human conditioning translates to horses. But I ram hills. I ran conditioning sprints. Was not in anyway a world class runner but different exercise regimes made me equipped to at least run in from3k, 5k, 10k, half marathon, and marathon when I was younger. Never won but understand different training regimes to at least personal goals. Alternating with sprints, hill work. And long distance trading all have different benefit. Have done some similar training strategies with my mares. Kmm
  • KMMKMM Member
    She may be eligible as maiden on turf or claiming although they do not jve to put her up. She has not done well. There may different conditions for turf. She had not done so great this year. I think she can
    An qualify for Lowe turf conditions. Not an expert. She had not raced .such. K
  • Just a reminder....Ebby is neither owned or bred by the Moss's. Well all love her still, and yes she is family, but please put her news in her thread.
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    @SallyT try e-mailing them to forum@zenyatta.com.
    Thanks for your suggestion. I sent an Email to info@zenyatta.com, so we'll see if I get a response. I just figured sharing the photos was the least I could do for Team Zenyatta, after all they've done for the fans!
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited July 2014
    Lamazone is an also eligible for a maiden claiming race July 30th for fillies and mares 3 years old and upward going one mile at Del Mar. She will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. She is trained by John Sadler and owned and bred by the Mosses.
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    Stanwyk came in 2nd today to Antipathy at Saratoga in the Shuvee. Muddy track.
  • Shirreffs added that Stanwyck, runner-up in the Shuvee Handicap on July 27, would come back in the Grade 1, $500,000 Personal Ensign on August 22
  • I was at Saratoga for Katies' Garden win on 7/24. I just opened an account @ imageshack yesterday in order to share some of the photos I've taken. Here's the link to Katie's Garden pics.
    https://imageshack.com/a/Xcnz/1
  • Sally, those photos are just gorgeous!!! Oh, thank you for the time and effort you have put into making them available to the Z web family. How did you get such cool pics? What camera did you use and what lens? How close to the action were you standing? I am so curious!
    Also, I saw the replay of this race, and was impressed with how big and powerful Katie's Garden looked from the distant video shots that I received. She is a beauty! Wow! Your pictures helped to confirm my suspicions. Could this be another girl who will approach the race record of Zenyatta?
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited August 2014
    Hi Louise, & Thanks! I've been spending as much time at the Spa as I can manage this year- It's my summer escape from reality.
    I was standing at the rail, middle of the stretch, for these Katie shots-using a Canon T2i Rebel, with an 18mm-135 mm lens. My camera is about 4 years old now-so it's slow compared to the newer Rebels-but a great "everyday" camera for those like me (that hate to change lenses)!
    For the actual racing photos I sometimes stand at the rail for the final turn, sometimes at the finish line, others times in the middle of the stretch (like these), or even in the stands! It was a great race to watch, and I bet on her too-which paid my gas money for a couple more trips to Saratoga!
    I'm away from home right now, and since I can't get to Saratoga again until next week, I'm trying to sort through thousands of my pics to make an overall "Saratoga Experience" folder for those who can't make it in person. I have about 100 photos selected so far, but don't know how much space I'm allowed at Image Shack with my current level of membership-I may need to upgrade my account again. I think I'll start up a Saratoga discussion in the forum when I'm ready to post them. Enjoy-
  • Sally, Thank you for your helpful information about the photos. I am in Florida with a pack of teen grandchildren for the summer. School will start soon and my sanity will be restored. No trips to the Spa are possible this summer! Would love to see a folder for summer at the Spa. Bless you for the time and energy you are putting into keeping us informed.
  • Katie's Garden looks great, love her dapples. Something special about a horse in teal and pink ;)
  • Belonging is running August 9th in a $14,000- $16,000 claiming race at Del Mar. She will be ridden by Amelia Green. She is trained by George Papaprodromou and owned by KM Racing Enterprise. She was bred by the Mosses.
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited August 2014
    Testing.I opened an Image Shack account, & have been posting links to my albums. I want to try to post a photo, so here is my test-Katies' Garden 7/24
  • Yay, it worked Sally! Thanks for posting your photos, you have some beautiful shots!
  • SallyTSallyT Member
    edited August 2014
    Better late than never-here's Stanwyk ( runner-up in the Shuvee Handicap on July 27)