Horses Owned or Bred (Racing or Retired) by the Mosses.

Comments

• KMMKMM Member
    Not a blue hen yet I think but I don't know who delegates them that recognition.
  • Yeah, I was too, Louise, especially the last few strides. She is one fast filly! I'll be looking forward to seeing her youngest sister run, with those genes from Set Them Free and the ones from Street Cry. Quite an impressive pedigree.
  • Makes me wonder what other mares the Moss' may have sent to Street Cry and why did they wait so long to send Set Them Free, the dam of their KD winner, to the sire of the best horse they will ever own? Considering that Street Cry is now gone they must be feeling pretty good about having a Street Cry filly out of Set Them Free.
  • The Mosses and Street Cry were a perfect match
  • Paniolo_GalPaniolo_Gal Member
    edited March 2015
    Ah. Now I see. She must be a Blue Hen. Quite a gal. She's probably been on Golden Girls, too. I hope the Street Cry filly was her last foal. Wow.
    Yes, Set Them Free (1990) is already in Golden Girls on page 4 (link below). She is probably a Blue Hen...but is not in the "Reine de Course" mare list although she deserves to be indeed. Note: Set Them Free's dam Valseuse-FR (1973) is a "Reine de Course" mare. Too bad I can't locate a photo of Valseuse to post in Golden Girls.
    http://www.zenyatta.com/discussions#/discussion/comment/94222

btw...How did the term "Blue Hen" come about?
    "According to legend, after the War of Northern Aggression, a good southern boy came home to find his place destroyed and all his stock plundered. The only thing he found was one of his daddie's game hens and she was blue in color, breeding her and then fighting her offspring he regained more wealth than the yankees had stolen."
    By Roger from Pedigree Query
  • Aaaugh. I hate that quote. The "War of Northern Aggression." Bullbutter, as my friend Joannie used to say. Blatant rewriting of history. Sorry Roger, the war was started by the South, firing on Ft. Sumter--an act of Southern aggression if we are keeping score.

Sorry, but changing history is just wrong. It happened as it happened and can't be changed, and any attempt to do so really pisses me off. Sorry.

I better go eat something. Too hungry to continue.
  • Oh geez, VA, you crack me up. I've never heard bullbutter before, but I kind of like it. Lol
    edited March 2015
    Oh...Oh...I was going to later on post some photos taken at the Confederate Memorial Hall in New Orleans in the Horses in Military thread once I finish Fort Myers. But now I'm afraid to for fear of the "Northern Wrath from Virginia!" Sorry VA_in_CA....I'm only joking of course!❤ No harm meant.
  • Yes, Louise, bullbutter is a more socially acceptable way to say bs, but when you get right down to it, it's much more gross. hahaha I don't know if Joannie invented the word herself, or if it was an Appalachian term. She came from West Virginia.

It's not so much Northern Wrath, PG, as a lover-of-history wrath. Suggesting that the Civil War was a war of Northern aggression is right up there with Holocaust denying. The instigators of wars don't get to rewrite the past to put themselves in a more favorable light.

Go right ahead and post whatever pictures you want. Just call it the Civil War. Haha.
    edited March 2015
    LOL! Okay...now I feel better about posting anything to do with the Confederate Army...Phew! :oD I'm only joking of course. I try to post something to do with the horses and the tack/equipment of the Confederate Army if at all possible...not the war itself.❤
  • Have always been interested in the horses of the Civil War along with WWI and WWII
  • jaefeatheredjaefeathered Member
    edited March 2015
    http://www.drf.com/news/preview/rutile-sparks-memories-giacomo-debut-maiden-win

Watch that race and tell me who it reminds you of (hint hint! We're on her website!). I thought it was an absolutely brilliant run by this 4yo filly in her debut. Owned by the Mosses, trained by John, and a half-sister to Giacomo. She's Rutile!
  • http://www.drf.com/news/preview/rutile-sparks-memories-giacomo-debut-maiden-win

Watch that race and tell me who it reminds you of (hint hint! We're on her website!). I thought it was an absolutely brilliant run by this 4yo filly in her debut. Owned by the Mosses, trained by John, and a half-sister to Giacomo. She's Rutile!
    Gotta be our Queen! Down to holding up last place before the final turn and then shifting to her next gear at the top of the turn...going 5 wide and shirting to another gear...running everyone down like they were on slo' motion! :oD

• Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Honestly though, my jaw just dropped watching that race. I am very very excited to see what she does next. I'm not often that floored by a maiden win.
  • QueenZFan22QueenZFan22 Member
    edited March 2015
    High Greeley is running March 26th in a $4,000 claiming race for 3 year olds and upward going one mile at Golden Gate. He will be ridden by Pedro Terrero. He is trained by Steve Sherman and bred and owned by the Mosses.
    High Greeley placed 1st and was claimed. His new Trainer is Vod Farris and new owner is Alexis Farris.
  • KMMKMM Member
    Rutile looks like the real thing. ;) KzM
  • Cervaro is running April 2nd in an allowance optional claiming race for 4 year olds and upward going 1 1/4th miles on turf at Santa Anita. He will be ridden by Drayden Van Dyke. He is trained by John Sadler and bred and owned by the Mosses.
  • Any reason given why Rutile was making her debut at 4 years?
  • Air Pocket is running April 3rd in a maiden special weight for 3 year olds and upward going 1 1/16th miles at Santa Anita. He will be ridden by Martin Garcia. He is trained by Bob Baffert. he was bred by the Mosses and is owned by Pegram, Watson, or Weitman.
  • Captain Tim is running April 5th in a maiden special weight for 3 year olds going 6 1/2 furlongs at Santa Anita. He will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. He is trained by John Shirreffs and owned and bred by the Mosses.
  • Kerri Belle is running April 5th in an allowance optional claiming race for fillies and mares 4 years old and upward. going 1 1/8th miles on turf and Santa Anita. She will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. She is trained by John Shirreffs and owned and bred by the Mosses.
  • Cervaro is running April 2nd in an allowance optional claiming race for 4 year olds and upward going 1 1/4th miles on turf at Santa Anita. He will be ridden by Drayden Van Dyke. He is trained by John Sadler and bred and owned by the Mosses.
    He finished 6th of 8 runners.
  • Captain Tim is running April 5th in a maiden special weight for 3 year olds going 6 1/2 furlongs at Santa Anita. He will be ridden by Victor Espinoza. He is trained by John Shirreffs and owned and bred by the Mosses.
    Matt Dinerman ‏@3coltshandicap 31s31 seconds ago
    "Cozmic One's workmate is actually running on Sunday and he can run a bit. He's beating Cozmic One in works. Looks good" -anonymous clock
  • Air Pocket is running April 3rd in a maiden special weight for 3 year olds and upward going 1 1/16th miles at Santa Anita. He will be ridden by Martin Garcia. He is trained by Bob Baffert. he was bred by the Mosses and is owned by Pegram, Watson, or Weitman.
    He finished last
  • KMMKMM Member
    Their works posted looked pretty parallel
    . K